• 385 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2964 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Well this is just sad

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by GrassBlocker, Nov 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You didn't read the thread very hard, he clearly addressed this...

Posted Nov 13, 2019
  2. I mean OP said it's supposed to be a worldwide server but in reality it's really not; vast majority are U.S. so it makes sense there's not going to be many people on during early morning/during the school day. I remember even back in 2016 (or was It 17?) whenever sky fall was released, I used to play a quick game of micro battles in the morning right before school and there was only like 1-2k people, and that was back when we had 15k+ during the weekday.

Posted Nov 13, 2019
  3. I wasn't talking about it being a non worldwide server. Nor is anybody arguing that it won't be lower at certain times but that's it's just too low overall. Also I don't think that's when Mineplex had 15k players, that was in like 2014 or 2015 I think.

Posted Nov 13, 2019
  4. “Devs have priorities” is all I hear. I’d love to know what said priorities are, since bugs hardly ever get fixed and the only games coming out are recycled limited time events (Alien Invasion and Halloween Havoc)
    --- Post updated ---
    Who in the right mind would join a game that they know won’t start

Posted Nov 14, 2019
  5. This exact topic was brought up several weeks ago in the Mineplex Community Insights Discord. Thankfully, the admin of QA was able to clarify things, saying that the developer team is working on a new game (here). All we can do for now is to wait patiently until new content is pushed out for players to enjoy.

As for the post, it is evident that Mineplex's player count is not the same as it was during its peak. As I stated in the above paragraph, there seems to be a glint of hope if the new game is highly enjoyable with a never-before-seen concept. I am happy by the fact that the developer team is working on new content; while some could argue that what they're doing is not enough to reach a much larger player base, we have a small team of developers and I think what they are doing is a step in the right direction.

Posted Nov 14, 2019
  6. yeah but skyfall was out so it had to be post 1.9

Posted Nov 14, 2019
  7. This just made me cringe so hard
    I would say that this is only because of the poor connection in other regions of the world, if mineplex would invest in better networking then they would definitely see more asians and europeans join the server. I see a ton of russians and koreans on The Server That Must Not Be Named, and guess what? The connection on there is much better than on mineplex. So if a korean player joins mineplex, sees that he has 300+ ping, then joins the other server and sees he only has 150 ping, he's obviously not going to play on a laggier server.

Oh and a mod actually removed the link to the image from my post, but guess what? He failed because he still left a hotlink in the - of the -snip-. LOL. FAIL. Anyway, I put the link back because if this really is an american server like you all say, then that means I have freedom of speech! Yay! Also, to the mods: don't try to hide the playercount by removing links to images showing the low playercount, please. Have you ever heard of the Streisand effect? That's what's about to happen if you don't stop censoring these things.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 14, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  8. They removed your link because it shows other networks and their names. If they tried to censor the link, don't you think there's a bigger reason why they'd do that?

Posted Nov 14, 2019
  9. Yeah I know it's irrelevant to java but OP's entire point seems to be "look at how dead mineplex is" while ignoring a huge proportion of the playerbase. That's all I was saying. Bedrock player count won't help java but I felt it was worth pointing out.

Posted Nov 14, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  10. We understand our EU/AU playerbase isn't really that big, but our server is mainly US based, so you taking a picture at 5am EST to show one of our lowest player count times and saying you don't care that it's nighttime in US is you answering your own thread. Also, your picture wasn't removed because it shows player counts, it was removed for showing other servers. If you shouldn't say them, then you shouldn't show them either. Sure, there might be a way to get better connection for our EU/AU players, but I was told that the connections as they are currently are as good as they'll get.

Since you have reversed our staffs actions and this thread doesn't need to be discussed anymore, it'll be locked. Message me with questions or concerns.

Posted Nov 14, 2019
    RealWand, Xukuri and ItzBunniYT like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.