• 267 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8705 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What’s Happening to the Arcade Games?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by PinaGulotta, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello!
    I’ve been playing on mineplex since 2014 and I was pretty active for a long time. And out of the wide verity of games you can play on Mineplex, something isn’t right with the Arcade Games. The first thing is that they are not nearly as popular as the used to be. Also, many of them are being killed off due to the amount of players playing them. Now you can really only play Micro Battles, Dragon Escape, Death Tag, and Super Paint Ball. Games I loved like Dragons and Runner have now been killed. Is there a reason for this? Is it making way for new games? Or are the Arcade games really just going downhill.

Posted Jul 15, 2019
  2. Hey! Mineplex is aware of this issue and is planning on reverting Mixed Arcade back the way it was. This way, all of the games will appear equally rather than only the most popular games being playable. I personally miss the rotation system as well since I loved playing a lot of the Mixed Arcade games. Because production has already looked into this issue, we can expect an update to occur sometime in the future, although there isn't a set date. Hope I helped!

Posted Jul 15, 2019
    Animalll, oeod, SourSky and 1 other person like this.
  3. That’s awesome to hear that they are bringing the old system back! I can’t wait for that update to come. Thanks for the helpful reply!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 15, 2019
    AceSJus likes this.
  4. I noticed that as well. Snake and Evolution was at some point really popular and one of my favorites too. I wish that Mineplex improves that they and overall non-played arcade games would get more players to join.

Posted Jul 16, 2019
    PinaGulotta likes this.
  5. Butch queue system was added. It basically puts you into a queue of the game that you wish to play, and over time it gathers more and more players into queue for the same game that you are queued for. When player requirement for game is met, Butch will teleport you into a lobby and game will start.

In my opinion that completely ruined the point of Mixed Arcade and whole rotational system of games.

Posted Jul 16, 2019
    PinaGulotta likes this.
  6. I missed the old Mixed Arcade rotation because I can be able to play some of my old favorite games. The arcade games I’d love to play was Dragons, Dragon Escape, Super Paintball, and Micro Battles. Some of my achievements are missing. Personally, I’d need them so bad. I couldn’t play Mixed Arcade due to the new butch system.

@AceSJus said that Mineplex are aware of this issue and planning on reverting back to where it was. If the old rotation system return, then I can play Mixed Arcade games again. Let’s hope that Mineplex will bring the old rotation back.

I’ll now lock this thread as the questions has been answered. You’re welcome to message me anytime if you have any questions.

Thread locked > Concern addressed

Posted Jul 17, 2019
    AceSJus and PinaGulotta like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.