• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10682 Players Online
  • 7792 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What’s Keep Mineplex Alive?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by TheAfAdmin, Jul 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Lol did you just threaten me

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 3, 2020
  2. No, by it, I meant the server, not you. I would never wish someone to die.

Posted Jul 3, 2020
  3. People leave for a myriad of reasons; mental health, hiatus, real life, school, jobs, etc. etc.
    You clearly aren't helping at all, instead of providing constructive criticism (like ideas on how to improve player count, minigame enjoyment, etc) you're just nitpicking things you don't like.

It's becoming obvious that OP made this thread either for attention or boredom.

Posted Jul 3, 2020
    Jocoe, Young_Inventor and UCYT5040 like this.
  4. I agree with you.

Posted Jul 3, 2020
  5. I’ve read thru so many “Constructive Criticism” forums, yet none of been put into action.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 3, 2020
  6. Again, Mineplex has barely any devs. How can they add
    posts when they have only 5 devs?

Posted Jul 3, 2020
  7. Yes, your right. They probably can’t hire any. Idk. But if they don’t do anything to this server and fix issues. It will die in a few years. Bedrock edition mineplex will probably last it a few more years before it fades in ab. Or they will add new mini games and stuff like that. Yess and this is my alt lol. I can’t risk saying stuff like this in my main account.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 3, 2020
  8. Hi,

A concurrent player base of 3000 members does not make something dead. Sure, it's not as good as it used to be, but if it was dead there would be under 5 people playing.

-Axjy

Posted Jul 3, 2020
    Jocoe likes this.
  9. Your concerns with the Bedrock staff situation aside, I'd like to address this in a few words with an unpopular opinion - it's still up and isn't nearing shutdown because of the controversial decisions such as discontinuing the EU proxy, removing games & introducing Immortal. All that has most likely had Mineplex earn enough to keep the servers running and possibly hire new developers. Development has been able to focus on fewer games, therefore lessening the community's dissatisfaction with bugs & gameplay updates for their favorite games. In retrospective, decisions made by the higher-ups for the network make a lot of sense, although it would be fairly nice if some of them that aren't often seen in the community appeared here and there just to let everyone know they're here and that they care. It's basic transparency.

Of course, even though I don't play there, Bedrock has a major role in keeping Mineplex "alive", being a featured server where many new players are registered all the time and some go on to stay and support the server through purchasing items from the Marketplace. Some also end up migrating to the Java server.

Posted Jul 3, 2020
    Jocoe and BasicT like this.
  10. Micro transac

Posted Jul 3, 2020
  11. You know what else they have? jobs and their job is running Mineplex (I'm not saying don't have a life that's obviously important) and I think as an owner you should at least try to talk to your players and communicate not just sit around in the dark and do nothing. I know running a server is hard, but still... You would honestly forget that Mineplex even has owners to be honest compared to Hypixel with Simon he seems to be at least more active and talkative, but then Mineplex you have people like Sterling_ who hasn't even joined the new forums you would think he left meanwhile he didn't. I don't hate Mineplex, but I do think it defiantly lost its touch.

edit: Basically I'm saying an owner should try to show that they're doing something if you go to defek or strutts page and see literally 0 activity like idk that's kind of bad I think.

Posted Jul 3, 2020
  12. Strong community

Posted Jul 3, 2020
  13. Hey!

To answer the original question directly. What's kept it going all this time is the involvement of the community in the server. For sure there might be some transparency issues here and there but Mineplex has a very unique player base consisting of people who seem relatively invested in the server and the people on there. If you hop into lobbies you can experience the amount of people who talk with each other, discuss things which I don't see as much of on other servers. Additionally, I believe the server is heading in a good direction recently, while things aren't by any means perfect, subteams are open to community so we are working to develop a relationship between development and the community and over time the community is being listened to more directly which wasn't as prevalent in previous years as well as this discussions are constantly happening online and some changes are being made because of these discussions. Feedback nowadays seems to be valued much more than it was some years ago. I don't think the server is going anywhere, at least for quite some time. The player base now isn't even that tiny, it competes with other relatively well known servers in terms of player density and I believe there are some relatively large updates on the way soon and as some people may know a new game has been teased and must be in some kind of development which is something to look forward to in the upcoming future.

This is all what I have observed from my point of view, like I said there are improvements to be made but it's certainly not 'over' for the server. The server is doing quite well as of late, while it might not house the same player base it had in 2015/16/17 I don't believe it's objectively a bad server nor is it on the decline. The player base is relatively stable and the infrastructure is there to allow growth on the server I just hope to see more frequent updates and additions that aren't just cosmetic based and with mopple back we might see more of those :)

Posted Jul 3, 2020
    BreezeBlockss and UCYT5040 like this.
  14. You can just edit your previous post you know, saves the spam and extra unnecessary post.

Posted Jul 4, 2020
    UCYT5040 likes this.
  15. This thread hurts my brain

Posted Jul 4, 2020
    Repo and MugiKohai like this.
  16. I wouldn’t say Mineplex is dead, but for the people that dislike the game and focus on how much players it has decreased by, people could say it is dead. Mineplex (java) is running on a smooth 1k players (not sure about bedrock) and that’s a lot more than most servers. It’s only ‘dead’ because of how many people quit Minecraft or just quit and left Mineplex.

There are many factors that ‘keep Mineplex alive’ such as the staff. The staff are on when they can be and are on for a purpose, to help us, the community. The staff team as a factor of ‘keeping Mineplex alive’ could be narrowed down into just being online and active more than other servers staff. Hope you understand why Mineplex is still a very great server, just some people get tired and bored of it.

Posted Jul 4, 2020