• 990 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10643 Players Online
  • 9653 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What are some good keyboards

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Gardening_Tool, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Anyone have any good mechanical keyboard suggestions? Would prefer if it came with a wrist wrest.

Posted Oct 24, 2020
    oCassi likes this.
  2. I've been using the G710+ for years now and I love it! It comes with Cherry MX Brown switches. I personally find that Blue switches are a bit too loud and it's really noticeable due to my open back headphones. It can be a pain for others in Discord calls if they can't hear speak when you're clacking away on your keyboard. That said though they are really satisfying to use! To me, I find that the MX Brown switches feel almost the exact same as Blues except that they're much quieter. The G710+ comes with rubber dampeners preinstalled too which makes them even quieter though I ended up removing them just to have a bit of a clack when I bottom the switch out. The keyboard comes with a wrist wrest too which I've been using since day one. It's nothing fancy really but it does its job so no complaints here. The keyboard has some has some nice features too like media controls for music players like Spotify as well as 6 customizable macro keys though admittedly I haven't used them too much.

Some issues I do have. The lighting settings for the board are very simple. Basically just brightness adjustments and that's it. No RGB. No fancy effects when you press a key. I don't personally care too much but I know that others do. Something else to watch out for is to make sure you have enough desk space as the keyboard is huge.

Overall it's an excellent board. I really took advantage of the numpad and media controls during the school year as I'd jam out to music while doing homework and well, I needed to use a numpad for a lot of it. I'd highly recommend it if you're looking to purchase!

Posted Oct 25, 2020
  3. Pretty interesting, I'll definitely be checking it out.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 26, 2020