• 2226 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4805 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What are your pet peeves?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by WowCaleb, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Hey all!

There's a lot of you out there and within such a diverse community, there's bound to be some intriguing answers for this question out there. As the title reads, I'm very curious as to what your pet peeves are. What makes you so frustrated that no one else can even begin to understand, and then the inability to understand your frustration leads to you becoming even more frustrated! Usually it's a minor, everyday thing that really rubs you the wrong way and I, as well as everyone else I'm sure, would like to know them.

I'm very passionate about this topic right now as I'm literally typing this after spending 5 minutes trying to correctly position a painting on my wall. There wasn't an equal distance between it, the other painting and the distance between both of them and the wall. I can see it perfectly in my head so please don't ruin it; my actions were completely justified. Trust me, it would have looked downright wrong - even though Mom couldn't seem to comprehend why it was such a big deal. Anyway, there's mine!

Answer my question for yourself down below. I look forward to reading your responses as maybe I'll grow to relate to some of them too!

Posted Dec 30, 2019
    510bike, Not_Gamer, Pylons and 2 others like this.
  2. i have a ton of pet peeves but something i find incredibly annoying for me on mineplex is when i get stabbed by a tryhard. it isn’t really fun, and sometimes it looks like they’re reaching or bhopping xd

if i think they hack i will just kinda call them out and tell them to stop hacking. then after having a 5min conversation with them i realize i was just being salty or i was seeing things

can anyone relate?

Posted Dec 30, 2019
  3. Honestly, I have a variety of pet peeves. Some don’t bother me as much as others. What bothers me the most is when someone rubs their hand together. It makes this sound that not only annoys me but also makes me go crazy.

A lot of my friends at school do this just to annoy me and make me angry. Other people just do it for fun. I watched an ASMR video with people rubbing their hands together, it was horrible and my ears were aching. I’m not sure why, but it bothers me so, so much.

Posted Dec 30, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 30, 2019
    WowCaleb likes this.
  4. My biggest pet peeve is when someone says "I need to tell you... nah nevermind" and just never tells you. Obviously there are variations to this statement, but it's just the idea that they wanted to tell you something but they don't so you're left wondering for eternity............

Posted Dec 30, 2019
    Im_Ken, Not_Gamer, WowCaleb and 4 others like this.
  5. My BIGGEST pet peeve is when people insist that I am NOT as kind as I project! They say that when I am in calls I am PG THIRTEEN or even INAPPROPRIATE! They say that I am just FAKING my KIND messages! What kind of person would do such a thing?! I TRY to be KIND, but people make it HARD for me to type my KIND messages by calling me RUDE or a TROLL! I guarantee you, I am the NICEST person on the entire network, aside from my GOOD friend PinkScaresMeALot! I am a completely PG player, and my ONLY goal is to create a KIND and WHOLESOME environment for all of my fellow epic GAMERS!

Posted Dec 30, 2019
    WowCaleb likes this.
  6. Sometimes i wonder why people ask me so many questions instead of googling them which is way faster and almost guarantees an answer. of course i like answering them but id never ask that many questions

Posted Dec 30, 2019
  7. sheesh that must be tough. what do you do when you wash your hands and you have to rub the soap on your hand though? im curious xd

Posted Dec 30, 2019
    WowCaleb and xGetRektedx like this.
  8. I thought I was the only one xD

Posted Dec 30, 2019
    WowCaleb and FluteVegetables like this.
  9. My biggest pet peeve is broken promises. When someone apologizes to you for being a nuisance and then they are up to the same mischief again soon. An apology is a double-edged sword that will make the person look better or worse, depending on how they respond in the future. If they have changed their ways, then it is something to admire about them. On the contrary, if others said sorry to me but does not follow up on it, I will not be pleased. There is this one player who barely logs on anymore but is still somewhat active in the Discord constantly mocking me to get in my grill. When I noticed this is becoming routine, I reported him every time he did something that rubs off on me. He said he would stop his behaviour in private DMs several months ago and I honestly should have just not replied back. He is also 2 years older than me, so that would technically be predatory behaviour too since he is targeting those younger than him. On a regular basis, I am quite lenient with people breaking the rules, only reporting if it is malicious/intentional like abusive behaviour, severe advertising/spam, racism, etc. I let harmless filter bypasses and mini-modding slide since nobody is hurt/annoyed. That specific player on the network has pushed me over the edge and I jut cannot tolerate his antics anymore. His name will not be mentioned to keep him from being publicly shamed.

Posted Dec 30, 2019
    Im_Ken, WowCaleb and xGetRektedx like this.
  10. Wet grocery bags

Posted Dec 30, 2019
  11. My biggest pet peeve is when somebody takes my food, honestly it doesn't matter who doesn't matter who, that person will be my least favorite human for the next 24 hours.

Posted Dec 30, 2019
    WowCaleb and NothinButNet like this.
  12. When people don’t have proper grammar

Posted Dec 30, 2019
  13. One of my biggest pet peeves is when somebody is telling a story to a group of people and people in the group are blatantly not caring/paying attention to what the person has to say. I'm that person in the group that will make eye contact with you the entire time you're telling the story and react to it because of this. Everybody knows what it's like to feel ignored and I've always wanted to be in that small percentage that lets others know that somebody is listening.

I'd have to say maybe my biggest pet peeve, though, is when people don't use their turn signal whilst driving. I'm that type of person that will use my turn signal when I'm in an empty parking lot. It's such a simple thing to do, yet so many people don't! Every time I see somebody not using their signal, I say out loud to myself, "Oh I know that car was built with a turn signal."

Anyways, I love the question and seeing if anybody has strange pet peeves like mine. :P

Posted Dec 30, 2019
    WowCaleb and CZArkolan like this.
  14. My biggest pet peeve are people who are full of themselves and only ever talk about themselves in a large group conversation. My other pet peeve is when people cut off other people when they're talking.

Posted Dec 30, 2019
    WowCaleb likes this.
  15. Wats is a propper grammers? Lol

My biggest pet peave is when someone almost finishes something but leaves the smallest amount left so they dont have to clean up the container. C'mon man.

Posted Dec 31, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 31, 2019
    WowCaleb likes this.
  16. Hey!

I have multiple pet peeves, a lot I can't recall off the top of my head, but one that has always really been annoying to be is when I am out and people in front or around me walk slow. I am a very fast walker, and I like to get from point A to point B fast, so when I am trying to walk faster, or even when I walk at a normal pace, and people around me are taking their time and being very slow, it frustrates me. I guess it's a bit of a weird pet peeve, but they're all pretty wacky anyways.

Posted Dec 31, 2019
    ScarletBlood37 and WowCaleb like this.
  17. when my parents tell me to pause an online game. They just don’t understand that I cannot pause an online game ):

Posted Dec 31, 2019
  18. My biggest pet peeve is when someone will get too close to me in line, this can be at a fast-food restaurant or school, wherever it is I generally prefer to have a little personal space. Another one is when people talk over films, even though I can sometimes be guilty of this, it's frustrating when someone asks questions or wants to rewind in the middle of a movie, it can ruin the whole atmosphere.

Posted Dec 31, 2019
    M4RK7000 and WowCaleb like this.
  19. I can think of a few off the top of my head:
    • When people hog the footpath
    • When people are walking and using their phones
    • When people walk slowly.
    • When siblings leave like 1/4 of a cup of milk/juice

Posted Dec 31, 2019
    M4RK7000 and WowCaleb like this.
  20. Everything about my school honestly. The shallowness and lack of organisation for the most part, but the entire building and people just have a vibe that often completely kills my mood. No space for creativity. Only to-do lists that are tedious for students with a tendency to work spontaneously and can only get into a proper routine with enough discipline practiced from the teachers themselves. Very different standards among teachers. Then, the people - you're only valued if you can entertain others, or if you're lucky enough to find a similar-minded person. Everyone is loud, both during breaks and during classes. They laugh obnoxiously. A nightmare for any individual that prefers silence and discipline.

Since these issues can also appear elsewhere, I can safely say that one of my biggest pet peeves is someone loudly interrupting my silence without a good reason. I also dislike it when someone asks me if I'm fine, because it's a question that is very difficult to answer with honesty. Those who usually do that are my family members because I don't exactly feel comfortable talking to them about that, while friends that I trust are aware of the fact that my mood can swing and therefore, I usually have conversations about pleasant topics more easily with them.

I could write a lot more about everything that bothers me, but it mostly revolves around misunderstandings with people, as well as the fact that I'm the largest procrastinator you could possibly meet. There are a lot of things I am grateful for however, and that also includes people and my habits, so nothing is black and white for me.

Posted Dec 31, 2019