• 4202 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11863 Players Online
  • 7661 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What are your pet peeves?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by WowCaleb, Dec 30, 2019.

1. i can relate flute don’t worry xd

Posted Dec 31, 2019
    xGetRektedx and FluteVegetables like this.
  2. thenorn, you’re not alone. a lot of people can dislike their schools and you totally have the right to do that. however if something is terribly bothering you over there why don’t you talk to the counselors or something? do you just dislike them too because of how they treat you?

Posted Dec 31, 2019
  3. It's more of a problem in my country really. My dad and I talked about this just after writing this post and he mentioned that for proper schooling, especially during university, studying abroad may be the best decision. I already see the school psychologist once a week and we try to talk about any issues that arise. Recently I've more or less adapted to the reality of my school, and I try to focus on the positive aspects rather than the negative. My previous post was just me venting at everything that I don't like there.

Posted Dec 31, 2019
    isaac™ and WowCaleb like this.
  4. When @xSalted uses The dirt kit in skywars but I can’t hate because I use it too

Posted Dec 31, 2019
    isaac™, xSalted and WowCaleb like this.
  5. Hey! Just like FluteVegetables said, but only when players say things like a animal without putting an n after the a. Idk why but It makes me stop in the sentence and I start rereading that chunk several times. I suggest to all the people who make this mistake quite often to get Grammarly because it underlines these kinds of grammar mistakes.

Posted Dec 31, 2019
    WowCaleb likes this.
  6. My biggest pet peeve is definitely people copying me. It doesn't happen as much as it used to in Middle School/Elementary School, but when I'm doing like a school project that requires creativity to think of how to build something or to think of what to do something about and I figure out an idea I really like, and then someone sees my idea and proceeds to do something very similar to it if not the same. That just annoys me, as I am a creative-minded person and like doing things that make me unique, so when someone copies me, big no no.

Posted Dec 31, 2019
    WowCaleb likes this.
  7. Hackers.

Posted Dec 31, 2019
  8. oh. i guess it’s better to look on the bright side

Posted Dec 31, 2019
    Pylons likes this.
  9. Yup. Happy New's btw

Posted Dec 31, 2019
  10. I have the most likes as of right now

Posted Dec 31, 2019
  11. Probably people who feel the need to constantly change their IGN. I know it's their account, and they can do whatever they want with it. But still... why can't you just decide on one?

Posted Jan 1, 2020
    WowCaleb likes this.
  12. Top 2:
    "You know how when you're a fast walker and the guy ahead of you is fast too but only 90% as fast as you, so you MUST pass him, but to pass him you have to walk comically faster than your normal speed, or else you'll be in his personal space too long as you pass?" That statement is so relatable and it happens so often to me. I'd consider that my number 2 pet peeve.
    My number one pet peeve would be when I'm like "yeah, you know what? I'm gonna be a good person and wash the dishes" and then just as I enter the kitchen my mom is like "You there, wash the dishes please" Variations like this really cheese me and it stops me from wanting to help out on my own accord.

Posted Jan 1, 2020
    Look_Dan and WowCaleb like this.
  13. There's a few main pet peeves that I have...
    First is people who always question what I'm doing and have to know all the details. As my mum is this type of person, it really ticks me off when I'm working on something alone and she comes over and always asks me so many questions.
    Me: Currently entering in some crate data into a spreadsheet for MTRT
    Mum: Oh what are you doing?
    Me: Oh I'm putting some data into a spreadsheet
    Mum: What spreadsheet? What data?
    Me*silently getting annoyed*: Just some crate data to calculate some percentages
    Mum: What class is this for? Why is it useful?
    My thoughts: "can you actually just leave me alone and let me do my work in peace"
    What I actually do: smile and lead her to a different room and introduce her to a book that I've never read before, saying that it's really good and that she should read it. Then I run back to my spot on the couch and continue logging some stats. She comes back two minutes later and my mind nearly explodes but I just smile and pretend that her presence and questions doesn't bother me.
    True story by the way. Happened two days ago.

Second is people who try to plan my day out for me when I already have either plans in mind, or an idea of how I'm going to spend the day.
    Again, back to a story about my mum.
    Mum: So you should finish this by January 1st, send the email on January 2nd, complete some editing and revision from January 3rd to 13th, and then make sure everything's turned in on the 14th.
    Me: ...
    My thoughts: Uhh can I just plan out my own schedule and what works best for me...? This is my application so... why are you deciding when I finish things? I run on my own schedule, I'm doing this alone, and I don't need you trailing behind me and trying to get me to complete tasks by an absurd deadline when I still have another two weeks before it's handed in.
    True story, by the way. Happened yesterday.

My last major pet peeve is going to school. It's a busy and noisy environment, perfectly terrible for someone like me who enjoys calm nights with my music and writing, with nobody else in sight. Nobody's bothering me, judging me, or telling me what to do. However, in school, there's a ton of judgement and expectations about how you should act and all these burdens just get placed on your shoulders. With all this, it's not easy to get to know someone, and because what I value the most is being understood or having people listen to me without judgement, school just makes this ten times harder. However, on Mineplex, I get to know other people and nobody judges people for who they truly are, and I can freely express myself and things that I hate and enjoy.

That's all for now, hope you enjoyed this long rant :p

Posted Jan 3, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 4, 2020
  14. I'd say my pet peeves are:

- When people chew with their mouths open
    - When people take up too much space on the sidewalk, this happens all the time at school in particular. It's extremely inconsiderate, especially when there should be room for people to walk in both directions. Next time I have to step onto the road to go around a group of people I'm going to lose it xD
    - I also don't like when people skip a bunch of school and ask me for my notes. I understand people miss a class from time to time and I don't mind sharing my notes with them but you just know when a person was being lazy and intentionally skips all the time and I usually just tell them I missed the class too.

I legit feel the same way when I'm driving on the highway and someone is going like 5-10km/h slower than I want to be going. xD

Posted Jan 3, 2020
    Crazyy_Tim likes this.
  15. I don't have many pet peeves but I do have a couple. The pet peeves that I do have are...
    • When people walk way too slow in the hallways or in public places.
    • When the teacher goes too slow at explaining things and leaves no time for work
    • People that eat with their mouth open or are just generally obnoxiously loud while chewing.

Posted Jan 4, 2020
  16. When people chew gum really loudly. It’s super annoying and it’s also very distracting. I honestly just don’t like gum in general. I don’t like to chew it, and it’s also dirtying up our sidewalks :/.

Also, this is kinda specific, but I volunteer at a local coffee shop. And the one thing I can’t stand is when someone asks for a frappuccino because they think every coffee shop is Starbucks.

Posted Jan 4, 2020
  17. People that rod spam. You only really see it on Survival Games, but it's really annoying when tryhards can't PvP without spamming a rod before every hit.

Posted Jan 4, 2020
    NothinButNet likes this.
  18. Okay good I thought I was the only victim of this lol.

Posted Jan 4, 2020
    Jailbroken Tesla likes this.