• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What are your thoughts on fORtnIte?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Betrayer, Mar 12, 2019.

?

Do you like Fortnite?

1. Oh yes! *emotes*

2. Lol... am I a joke to you?

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. stryze

stryze

I have a lot of fun playing it. Unfortunately my computer isn't quite good enough to run it, so I have been stuck playing on xbox (that was, until all of my friends made fun of me for doing so and I gave up haha). It's too bad to see this "us vs them" mentality come up so often; multiple gaming communities can coexist perfectly fine! I also think it's quite extreme to say that Fortnite has caused "the downfall of Minecraft", as some would put it - Minecraft still gets around 90 million active months users. Sure, a lot of people who have already grown up with Minecraft have moved on to new games, but such is the case with most games. MC has still been able to attract a lot of new players, and maintain a community of old ones. Sorry if this discussion wasn't the point of this thread, it just seemed to be going in this direction based on the replies :potato:

Anyways, the point is: nobody deserves to be looked down upon for enjoying such popular, innocent games. Fortnite is a great time!

Posted Mar 14, 2019
    Betrayer likes this.
  2. Shotgun_Master

Shotgun_Master

You just told me that the Fortnite player base has a positive opinion of the game Fortnite. I sure hope you enjoy playing the game that you're a part of the player base of...

Posted Mar 14, 2019
    PapiKirito and Betrayer like this.
  3. ppancake

ppancake

I don’t play fortnite enough to be counted as part of the player base haha. My comment still stands.

Posted Mar 14, 2019
    pzazz and Betrayer like this.
  4. SkarmMines

SkarmMines

I tried playing it, but it just didn’t capture my attention like it did to most people. However, I was playing on my old computer that ran Fortnite at around 4 fps, so I’d have to try it again. I also have very bad aim, so I just think it wouldn’t work out for me. My brother plays it a lot though and I can see why people like it, especially with the goofy emotes.

Posted Mar 14, 2019
    Betrayer likes this.
  5. Vocaloiid

Vocaloiid

It's good to pass the time, but it really didn't capture my attention either. It's just...meh.

Posted Mar 15, 2019
    Betrayer likes this.
  6. Ocelotguyy

Ocelotguyy

I've never been a big fan of Fortnite. It just doesn't seem to appeal to me. I can see why some people like it but it's not my type of game.

Posted Mar 15, 2019
    Betrayer likes this.
  7. Phamtastic

Phamtastic

I have played Fortnite the first time, but I do not feel like it is very appealing to me. I heard that it is one of the popular games around the world, but I prefer just to play Minecraft and some other Nintendo games.

Posted Mar 15, 2019
    Betrayer and Ocelotguyy like this.
  8. cookiesdogsx

cookiesdogsx

Hi there!
    I played it once, before it became super popular, but it just honestly wasn't for me. I don't really see the hype, but I guess everyone has a different opinion.

Posted Mar 15, 2019
    Betrayer likes this.
  9. xOeuf

xOeuf

I've played it and enjoyed it a bit, but ended up deleting it in favor of Apex. It's good if you want something more casual and just want to mess around with friends. It's not a bad game, just not exactly my kind of thing (I also like first-person more).

Posted Mar 15, 2019
    Betrayer likes this.
  10. (I know the truth, you all are Minecraft players, so you don't like Fortnite LOL)

Posted Mar 15, 2019
  11. Snowwii

Snowwii

What about the 3 people that voted "Oh yes! *emotes*?"

Posted Mar 15, 2019
    RealDiamondKitty08 and Betrayer like this.
  12. Betrayer

Betrayer

amen

OP OP Posted Mar 15, 2019
  13. ppancake

ppancake

Not all Minecraft players dislike Fortnite.
    Also, I’m fairly certain a bunch of people here don’t play often anymore. I’ll log on every other day and AFK in the lobby, and I know others have similar situations.

Posted Mar 15, 2019
  14. ___TacoCat___

___TacoCat___

i personally don't like fortnite but I wouldn't offend people who likes it.

Posted Mar 15, 2019
    Betrayer likes this.
  15. (I hoped the in caps LOL would tell people I'm just having fun XD.)

Posted Mar 16, 2019
  16. Betrayer

Betrayer

yeah i be playing some more apex too,
    --- Post updated ---
    You have some strong points in this. However, apex is not going to be ‘taking over’ Fortnite.

Everyone said that with blackouts and I was supporting that; alas blackouts was a huge flop. Apex is getting a lot of players but I think it will soon lose them whilst fortnite will overtake.

To me, fortnite feels like one of those kinds of games that will last forever. Plus all the support from streams and the constant updates and new features the game receives, there is much more to come.

OP OP Posted Mar 16, 2019
    xOeuf likes this.
  17. pzazz

pzazz

I definitely enjoy playing Fortnite. I play it semi-often and I like how often they release updates that change the game, and keep it feeling fresh.

Posted Mar 16, 2019
    Betrayer likes this.
  18. StephenTries

StephenTries

Hiya!

I. Hate. Fortnite. I have seen so many people play it and it interests me so little that I’d literally sit and watch paint dry. It’s so overrated for what it is.

Every boy and a few girls at my school posts on Snapchat “#1 Victory Royale” about 5 times a day... My question is, who actually cares? I’ve seen so many of them posts in the past 10 months, it’s unreal. One of my best friends, Lewis, is totally obsessed and we usually do maths club after school; however, on the days there’s a new Fortnite update we have to cancel on our teacher because he wants to kill 99 characters in a game.

I enjoy the concept of it, I’ll give it that much. But it’s very basic. I like that it’s last survivor wins all, and I like watching people rage when they come second. I just think that’s the only good thing that’s come out of Fortnite— young people around the world raging.

Don’t even get me started on Fortnite dances. I’ll leave it at that or else this will become a rant.

/end

Posted Mar 16, 2019
    Betrayer and ezlee6 like this.
  19. ezlee6

ezlee6

I was never addicted to it. I did play it but never alone, if I played it, it was with a group of buddies of mine. I didn't hate the game, yeah it was fun and a cool experience and it obviously died down with the introduction of other BR games but I feel like they just added too much to it and made it complicated for new people discovering the game. All in all, was a good game to me, but I would never play it by myself.

Posted Mar 16, 2019
    Betrayer likes this.
  20. Betrayer

Betrayer

Haha, the people that post "victory royale" on sc and stuff need to stop. Fortnite is a great game though! Been streaming it a lot of my twitch and it's been loads of fun playing with friends + viewers.

I think it is a great way to connect and have a little fun. I don't see why people HATE it. In my opinion, people who hate are the ones who don't survive the first 10 seconds. There are a lot of good players now (and a lot of complete tryhards). Not saying this is why you hate it, you clearly find it annoying that you see it everywhere and it has also affected your life in a way you wouldn't want it to (talking about having to cancel maths club)

Anyways, I believe there is more enjoyment that can come out of Fortnite than "kids raging".

OP OP Posted Mar 16, 2019