• 2452 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5031 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What computer do you have?

Discussion in 'Surveys' started by greg, Sep 27, 2019.

?

What computer do you have?

1. iBuyPower

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. CyberPower

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  3. Digital Storm

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. NZXT

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Alienware

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  6. Corsair (yes they make computers)

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  7. Dell

16 vote(s)
    57.1%
  8. Lenevo

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  9. Overpowered

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  10. MSI

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Hey Mineplex,
    Here's a small thread that I wanted to make. I was just about what brand of computer you guys have.

Posted Sep 27, 2019
  2. Hey there!

I actually have none of the above. I have a MacBook Pro. I like the MacBook since I use it for my work a lot and it is easy to edit videos and photos on. Although it does has its cons.

Posted Sep 27, 2019
    greg likes this.
  3. I've got an ASUS

Posted Sep 27, 2019
    Jocoe likes this.
  4. i built my own out of ebay parts

Posted Sep 27, 2019
  5. Hey!

Cool thread, it's interesting to see what's the most popular. I have a custom-built computer, which I customized and fully completed and a company built it to me. Previously I've had an HP laptop, which wasn't very good. It's a very long time since I got it though, but the CPU wasn't good at all. Now I am averaging about 300 FPS while running casual programs like Discord, Chrome(10+ tabs), OBS and Minecraft.

I am pretty happy with my current computer, but it is definitely in the lower end. I've thought about upgrading it but the cost and the risk of something new and great being released don't appeal to me. I've seen AMD been coming out with PCIe 4.0, and it's cool. If I buy an Intel CPU right now I ain't future-proofed, but it's not many expansion cards that exist with support for PCIe 4.0. So currently, I am going to wait to be safe, and possibly upgrade other assets to my setup like my microphone, etc.

Posted Sep 27, 2019
    • Inappropriate Posts/Threads
    get a ryzen 9 3900x and 2 rtx titans and thats it
    and u only need to sell a kidney on the black market

Posted Sep 27, 2019
    SpitefulNick and Lipsticks like this.
  6. dell office computer

Posted Sep 27, 2019
    joerock777 likes this.
  7. Macbook Air

Posted Sep 27, 2019
  8. i have a asus vivobook-

Posted Sep 27, 2019
  9. Corsair One pro, 1080 gtx, i7-7700k, 2x 8gb ddr4, 2tb ssd

Posted Sep 27, 2019
  10. Ryzen 5 2600, RTX 2070, 1tb Samsung 970 Evo M.2 drives

Posted Sep 27, 2019
  11. Would be a beast of a setup though, worth the money? Probably not.

Posted Sep 27, 2019
  12. If one is going to do a task with such a computer, it's probably cheaper to buy a person to do the task for you.

Posted Sep 27, 2019
    Hiccuping likes this.
  13. I built and fused together clocks and digital calculators in my garage to make my computer

Posted Sep 27, 2019
  14. Hey,

I have an Asus that contains the following: I3-5010U, 4GB Ram, 1080p screen, 2.10 GHz, and it's a 64-bit Operating System. You should add Asus and Mac to the list.

This is a very interesting idea and I would love to see what the people below me have!

Posted Sep 27, 2019
  15. Hey!
    I currently use a MacBook Air. It is not a popular computer for gaming, but for Minecraft it certainly works well. It does not support games like Fortnite, however I'm not particularly into those types of games. It's not a difficult computer in terms of modifying settings or learning how to use in general, which is a trait special to Apple computers in my opinion.

When I purchased the computer, I wasn't including gaming in my reasoning. MacBooks are great for schoolwork, which is mainly why I'm content with the model and don't plan on replacing it any time soon.

Nice thread!

Posted Sep 27, 2019
  16. ryzen 5 2600x and a 1060 3gb. love it, i get well over the 144hz refresh rate of my monitor in all the games i play (mc, tf2, csgo). might upgrade my gpu and buy 8gb more of ram at some point in the future, but it's really not necessary right now.

Posted Sep 27, 2019
  17. Hey!

I currently have a Macbook Pro 13 inch, 2017 non-touch bar model. I personally have always liked using Macbooks as I like Apple products, and having an iPhone, they work quite seamlessly together. I also enjoy the operating system that comes with Macbooks, Mac OS. It's a great laptop for productivity and school, but it sometimes struggles with gaming. It runs Minecraft pretty well, and since I don't really play other games, having a Macbook isn't an issue.

Great post idea, I really enjoyed reading the above replies! :)

Posted Sep 27, 2019
    TheProTroller likes this.
  18. I totally forgot to put Apple computers haha. I was thinking about that after I published the thread and I never put Mac. My bad :)
    --- Post updated ---
    Wow, good for you @CleverColt40228 , I was always interested in building a computer myself. But I kinda don’t trust myself building an expensive computer. I would much rather leave it to the professionals, haha. Seriously, nice job though.
    --- Post updated ---
    That’s smart, better to be safe than sorry. Great job on building your own computer!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 28, 2019
    Lipsticks likes this.
  19. Hey there!
    It's very interesting to see many players coming from a different screen all reuniting here on this thread. I've always wanted to build my own PC but I've never had the chance to and by the looks of things, many players have given it a go! I predominately use an Alienware to play games but lately, I've been using my Macbook Pro just to finish up work. I think Apple have done a great job in really developing a professional device and I think it gets the job done effectively.

Posted Sep 28, 2019