• 1202 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1202 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What happened to some of the old minigames?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Archer, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Ok so mostly dipped for like 4 years and i'm a bit bummed that wizards, that castle siege minigame, and sneaky assassins headed out. Was there a specific reason for them to leave? They were some of the most original minigames on the server

Posted Oct 28, 2020
    Fusafez and LJwX like this.
  2. Hi!
    To put it bluntly, both the community and the dev team moved on. Mineplex has changed in the past 4 years, they've chosen to go down different paths then they were 4 years ago. CS and SA were really popular, I played both back in the day. However lobbies would just not fill, and the majority of the community simply lost interest. CS was removed in the November update of 2017, and I'm pretty sure SA is still available to play in the mixed arcade, but lobbies never fill. In the same update that CS was removed, Cake Wars was released which the community loved and still loves today. You can still play these games! Hope into a MPS with some friends and have fun!

Edit: CS and SA were removed in 2018, not the Nov 2017 update as I stated. Either way, people moved on to the new games like cake wars and nano, removing the interest for CS and SA presumably.

Thanks!
    -LJ

Posted Oct 28, 2020,
    Last edited Oct 28, 2020
    illum, hkq and Parrotlet like this.
  3. Hello!

To add on to what LjwX has said, in order to play older games on a Mineplex Player Server (MPS) You need to have Legend+ or Immortal (subscription based rank). You can purchase either of these by going to mineplex.com/shop

Have a nice day!

Posted Oct 28, 2020
    Archer, LJwX and hkq like this.
  4. Heyo!

To add on to what the staff above have said, if you're interested in playing Castle Siege on an MPS, you might want to join the ReviveCS group on the forums to learn about the movement to bring it back and to hop into some CS games to enjoy a classic Mineplex minigame! You can also check the giveaways section of the forums for an opportunity to win a rank which would allow you to host an MPS of your own.

Hope this helped!

Posted Oct 28, 2020
    LJwX likes this.