• 262 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6027 Players Online
  • 5765 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What Happened to The Java Edition?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by SomeCabbage, Jun 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't really know why I decided to this thread. But from what it looks to me, it's going nowhere. At least someone actually addressed the big issue though.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 11, 2021
  2. Remember that little thing we talked about called entitelement? That's entitlement. You're not owed an answer from me, and you can find them in my original post if you cared enough anyways.

How silly.

Posted Jun 11, 2021
    Neens and andr3w like this.
  3. Exactly

Posted Jun 11, 2021
    Fallen likes this.
  4. Hey! I think that this thread was a success, as multiple players have not only addressed some of the problems, but some ideas have been put forth! So I wouldn't say it was a waste of time, and I think that it has gone somewhere. Thank you for posting this thread! Once problems have been addressed, I think that the chances of them being fixed is a bit higher!

Posted Jun 11, 2021
  5. This thread, at its bare minimum was another thread to add to the list of threads asking for a change. If something changes, this thread was a success. Otherwise, if it is ignored, it is a waste of time.

Posted Jun 11, 2021
  6. Yeah, you're probably right, but we can still hope right?

Posted Jun 11, 2021
  7. Yea, everyone can change and the leadership might notice us and do something. Its highly unlikely, but it is still possible.

Posted Jun 11, 2021
  8. Lol.

Posted Jun 11, 2021
    Midoriya, VoidNnja, Neens and 2 others like this.
  9. The thing is, the volunteer staff and the admins do what they can. At the end of the day, moderators can't control when updates are released, or which content can be released. If something breaks, we have one singular developer who is busy with his personal life to fix issues, which is the reason nothing can be done. Admins do what they're paid to do, and unless higher leadership (owners) get more involved which they haven't done in the past few years, the decrease in players won't change. Not at all the volunteer staff or admins' faults, they're doing all they can

Posted Jun 11, 2021
    Tanish_, BreezeBlockss and Neens like this.
  10. Um ok so someone probably already said some of the same things but-

Mineplex games might not appeal to people, for example, I don't really care about most of the games here, other than a couple. I hate the survival games on this server, okay? Also I know there was a skywars update that a lot of people didn't like, with that being said I think that updates are the main problem. There's only a couple devs, which is why such slow progress is being made. Some games haven't been updated in years (*cough* ssm *cough*) and others have been full of glitches that took forever to be fixed. And then there's updates that people don't like, such as this horrid queuing system that we've had for 3(?) years now. Also people complain about hackers all the time, which could be another reason why people leave. The anticheat isn't that good, but a new one is being worked on currently. But it's long overdue. People have already lost their patience with waiting for glitches to get fixed and games to be updated, so they're going to leave for a better server.

Also the lack of publicity doesn't help, there's many videos on youtube talking about corruption, and it doesn't matter if they're true or not, people are going to believe them. I don't think Mineplex is trying hard enough to fix their image and make themselves look like a better server. Don't get me wrong, the mods/devs/admins/builders/content creators are cool, but the main problem is something called lack of leadership, where the owners of the server are showing no signs of life or commitment.

Posted Jun 11, 2021
    Tanish_ and Neens like this.
  11. Sure, you may now owe anything from me, but you're the one at fault for deciding to post on this thread. Much earlier I also said that I didn't give a crap about previous posts or threads regarding this topic.

OP OP
  12. Exactly how I feel after a week of going back and forth on this thread.

OP OP
  13. It had been said before, but you're right about the big issue being Mineplex's leadership structure, or rather the lack of one.
    As Fallen stated in his post, (which I'm paraphrasing) the main issue with the leadership is the problems with those in charge of others, or people in leadership positions. People who lead others, which those people happen to be other staff.

OP OP
  14. It's cause they always keep false banning people. For the past 3 years i've played mineplex its been terrible. I've been constantly indexed and falsely banned its an all around terrible experience.

Posted Jun 12, 2021
  15. I've reported cheaters on multiple occasions with more than enough proof to get them banned, staff take their sweet time (multiple days) just to say "denied." At this point I feel like they purposely don't ban them just to keep another player on the server. It has gotten annoying and at this point ima just stop reporting them because it goes no where. Their anti-cheat is outdated and the staff don't care enough about the quality of the server but rather the quantity which they can't even keep above 1000 now.

example of blatant proof of a cheater which was somehow denied with no explanation even though i specifically asked for one: -snip-

Posted Jun 12, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jun 13, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  16. I have never reported someone, its just not worth my time and effort to record all my gameplay, edit it to the hacker, and get it to the forums. It also needs to be posted on youtube, something i will not, have not, and wont even think about doing.

Posted Jun 12, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jun 13, 2021
    Name Tag likes this.
  17. Yeah, recording hackers/cheaters is too inconvinient. Usually when I use the in-game report system it times out and staff request doesnt always work either

Posted Jun 12, 2021
  18. I had not even heard of staff request till now, there is no ingame report system for bedrock lol.

Posted Jun 12, 2021
  19. Yeah it sucks how they dont have all that stuff for bedrock yet

Posted Jun 12, 2021
  20. Yea

Posted Jun 12, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.