• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8119 Players Online
  • 5229 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion What I would like to see Mineplex do in terms of PVP games.

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Jocoe, Jan 8, 2020.

?

Do you think that Gladiators should be a main MA game? Also, do you think that CW should be solo?

1. Yes (GLD)

61.5%
  2. No (GLD

23.1%
  3. Yes (CW)

61.5%
  4. No (CW)

38.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hey humans!

Please read 'till the end before making a comment, thank you!

Gladiators

I've been wanting this for a long time to make this hoping they would catch me off guard, but that hasn't happened yet so I'm finally going to make a thread about the things I want Mineplex to do relating to PVP. The first thing I would like MIneplex to do, would be to make Gladiators as one of the main Arcade Games along with MB, TF, SP, DE, etc. I've noticed that not a lot of PVP oriented games are on Mineplex which is the thing that I love the most. If Gladiators had a section like the mentioned games above A LOT of players would be playing Gladiators. We have games like CW, SW, Champions, SG, but we don't have a 1v1 game for players who want to practice their skill while still getting Gems, XP, Shards you name it. Gladiators is the perfect game for players who want to grind while having fun and getting the special Title: Champion in the Warrior section much easier.

Now, I get that Mineplex has Gladiators in the hub and also in Nano Games, though, I will name some of the issues with both of these. I'll name the problems with Gladiators in the Hub first. 1) You don't get any rewards from fighting other players in this game. 2) There is no Map selection so it is very repetitive. 3) There is no progressing in this game, all it is is that you both have iron armor, gaps, rod, bow, blocks, and swords. The thing is with Gladiators (Mini-Game) Is that you progress from Lether armor, wood sword, and a bow with 3 arrows, to Iron armor, Diamond Sword, and Bow with 10 arrows. Now with the problems with the Nano style of Gladiators. 1) Nano games cycles through games meaning that you cannot just play Gladiators when you want the same with playing Gladiators in Mixed Arcade. 2) It's a very fast game lasting only 1-2 minutes. 3) All you have is a sword and armor which is very boring and not very influential on players who want to enhance their pvp experience.

Cake Wars

So now I will talk about how CW (Cake Wars) needs to have a solo mode. I'm the guy that doesn't play too much with other players in parties and likes to play solo while listening to some music. It would be easy for Mineplex to implement solo as a new mode for CW OR have it replace duos as not a lot of players play it. First off, Mineplex could choose to either have 16 islands or 8 islands aka 16 players or 8 players in a single game. I personally see it being more 8 players because if not, then Mineplex would have to edit maps if it was 16 because that means double the islands.

If this would be implemented I feel like Mineplex might be more appealing to pvpers instead of mostly just the casual crowd. Anyways, what do you think about these implements, do you think they should add them or not. Thanks for reading!

Posted Jan 8, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 8, 2020
  2. Hey!

As I definitely think these are great ideas. I actually 100% agree with the gladiator idea since I personally love playing pvp and also getting xp/gems/shards from it. I would not mind seeing Gladiators get its own NPC.

For Solo CW, as I wouldn't mind seeing it. It's already been marked "Not Planned" several times. If you want to see a deny reason here's a link to a previous thread that suggested Solo Cake Wars. https://www.mineplex.com/threads/cake-wars-solos.87578/#post-301287

I will quickly recap why it was denied.

1: It would separate the player base.

2: Cake Wars is supposed to be a team game where one person stays at base and another person collects beacons.

Overall I like the Gladiators Idea +1

I also wouldn't mind the CW Solo, but since it's already been marked "Not Planned" I don't see it coming to Mineplex ever.

Posted Jan 8, 2020
    Jocoe and Waspter like this.
  3. I agree on the part where Mineplex needs more PvP oriented games. It does not use a lot of advanced items or forms of PvP which is where the server has fallen behind on. Most other popular servers kept their edge on PvP which Mineplex has failed to. I am a little iffy on adding back Gladiators as a stand-alone game. Even in lobby 1 during weekday afternoons, I have trouble finding matches. This is tells me that Gladiators does not garner much interest from players. We could give the Gladiators NPC one chance, but if it does not thrive, then it may never return.

Fair points on Lobby Gladiators but I do not play NANO so it will be left for someone else to address.

A solo mode for Cake Wars would involve a lot of cake trading because it is only you. Players have the option to guard the cake or be aggressive for a crucial return but expose their cake. None of the strategies players use in duos or standard will really work here. If you stay at base, it will get really dull quickly. Raiding loot and other islands is taking a chance as you leave your island wide open for unwanted visitors. There would be very little skill in most situation under the atmosphere of Solo Cake Wars.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Jan 8, 2020
    Jocoe likes this.
  4. I would love to see the return of Gladiators but I do not play Lobby Glads, this does not mean I am not interested in Glads, it just means I do not like lobby Glads and do not care or enjoy it.

As for CW, this would make games more exciting and more strategic, you would have to Defend your base while attacking other people's bases. I won't name a server or the mini-game but it executes solo play, very well and has duos, trios, and quadruples and players love it. In fact, Solo is the most favored and popular one by most players.

I respect your opinion, so don't take this as valuing mine over yours, as this is just my opinion as well. Thanks for your feedback!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 8, 2020
    _Prof_ likes this.
  5. Gladiators was originally its own standalone game when it first came out. However, it was removed due to a lack of players for a consistent time period. For that reason, I do not see it returning. For your Cake Wars idea this has been suggested many times and will most likely get declined again. It will split the player base and make games more difficult to start.

Posted Jan 8, 2020
    Jocoe likes this.
  6. Thread Moved to Game Alterations

I don't have a major problem with having an NPC for the Gladiators minigame, just like other popular arcade games. A classic 1v1 game would likely attract many players, whether to practice one's PvP skills or simply grinding for stats. I agree that adding an NPC in lobbies for Gladiators would be a small task for a potentially very favorable result. However, I feel like the same suggestion can be made for other games in the arcade category, such as OITQ and Death Tag. Nevertheless, it would be nice to see Gladiators have its own NPC to attract more players to the game.

For the solo Cake Wars idea, it has been denied many times as stated by users above. However, it's possible that Solo mode may replace Duos after a poll was released in the Community Insights Discord a couple months back. I personally agree with the proposition because I feel there is much more demand for solo games rather than duos; players would still be able to play with a friend or with a party, whilst having opportunities to go solo in order to play without potential "distraction" from teammates. Therefore, I think solos should replace duos if anything, rather than adding a third mode that would split up the Cake Wars player base.

Posted Jan 8, 2020
    Jocoe and vezay like this.
  7. For the last time....

SOLO CAKE WARS WILL NEVER BE ADDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has been denied too many times because it splits the cake wars community, and that's not what we want here.

Why did gladiators get a lack of players?

Posted Jan 8, 2020
    Jocoe likes this.
  8. I really do like the idea of solo cakewars, I've suggested it before, and it was denied. I really do think they should reconsider cakewars because its the biggest game on mineplex I'm pretty sure. I want solos because sometimes people don't want to play with others. Sometimes there's no one to play with and you don't want to play with strangers. When I suggested solo cakewars I had to make a similar comment as you did at the beginning of your post jocoe. I told people to read to the end of my post and not just deny it, and to reconsider. While, I did make my post several months ago, I really do hope that solo cakewars is added cause it does seem like it would be amazing. I know for a fact though, that most likely its going to be denied. :c

I don't really play much gladiators, so no comment.

Posted Jan 8, 2020
    Jocoe likes this.
  9. Hey!
    I totally disagree with creating a CakeWars solos. Why? It divides the community apart, and frankly, I have never thought of CakeWars as a solo game, I have always considered it a team mode. In fact, a similar thread was made regarding CakeWars Solos, but it was ultimately declined (or marked as “unplanned”). I also have to disagree with Gladiators being the main Mixed Arcade game, there would be no point of it being a Mixed Arcade game if it did not rotate. I suggest removing Gladiators completely from the Mixed Arcade rotation and making it its own game. I would definitely play that, and I believe this would encourage more players to play Gladiators, and bring Mineplex another PVP based game. Overall, I have to disagree with CakeWars Solos, but maybe if Gladiators were to be taken out of the Mixed Arcade rotation then I would play it more. +0 from me until there are any changes to this suggestion. Thanks for making this thread, have a wonderful day!

Posted Jan 8, 2020
    Jocoe and _Prof_ like this.
  10. I like the gladlatior idea because I think no much know this game and if it will be add it be very fun and about cake wars game I think it’s not need to be solo I think solo too long and too hard to add game and it’s split cake wars players so I think the idea is ok

+0.5

Posted Jan 29, 2020
    Jocoe likes this.
  11. Cake wars already has 2 game modes so why not change duos to solo, since most people (me included) play duos because it's easier to win all by yourself. So I don't think it would separate the community as it already has two game modes.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 30, 2020
  12. I'm going to say no for gladiators purely for playercount reasons. We peak at like 2-2.5kish for the most part and like others have said for the addition of solo cw, we don't want to split lobbies anymore than we are currently. That said, I can definitely relate to wanting equal gear 1v1s outside of the hub, but keep in mind technically GLD is still playable as it's own game; you just need to click on it within the mixed arcade selector. Despite GLD still being playable as it's own game, even without the npc, there is usually 0 players queued for it, albeit, it's debatable how many players know of the option, but I still think that says a lot about how many players would actually return to the game. Games like death tag actually often have enough players for a couple lobbies, even though they lack npcs, so I think those games with actual, consistent playerbases are far more deserving of having an npc returned.

As for solo cw, I would totally be down for it to replace duos, but not be added in addition to the current lineup. As I mentioned for GLD, we don't want to split up the playerbase, especially the playerbase within a specific mini-game. However, if we replace duos (which is arguably dead, and probably closer to solos than teams), there would still be the same amount of lobbies so the playerbase wouldn't really be split anymore than it is currently. I would be ecstatic to see a version added in which I don't get ganked by a 4 party of frostings.

Posted Jan 30, 2020
    Jocoe likes this.