• 852 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9290 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What if Minecraft went back to 1.8 pvp?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Task, Jun 29, 2019.

?

Would you play on the latest update if it were 1.8+ style pvp?

1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    91.7%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. It seems that minecraft is getting an update, to combat. If minecraft reverted back to 1.8 style pvp, how would you feel? What do you think would happen? Do you think mineplex would finally update their server to fit the update?

Posted Jun 29, 2019
    THELichCA likes this.
  2. Honestly, I feel like I am not going to like the new combat mechanics. Supposedly, you charge a sword extra to deal special attacks or something. Shields feel too overpowered to me, they cost 1 iron and can block all damage. Also, the attack cooldown in 1.9+ really annoys me. In my opinion, 1.8 PvP is by far the best.

Posted Jun 29, 2019
    SpitefulNick and Task like this.
  3. Mineplex's PVP style is still 1.8 combat if you're playing 1.8 version games. Other games (such as skyfall) that require Minecraft version 1.9 does include the elytra feature, but still has the 1.8 combat.

Posted Jun 29, 2019
    Jaekub likes this.
  4. anyone who has played Minecraft will pick 1.8 combat

Posted Jun 29, 2019
  5. I am in the minority here, but the new 1.14.3 combat update looks amazing. I am personally not a fan of spamming my keys to win a pvp fight because there are a lot of things that can go wrong there. The new update mashes the original damages of swords on 1.8, and not to mention you can now hit with shields!

All in all, I enjoyed it personally. I found it to be a combat system that can be used cross platform as well, perhaps one day bringing Java and Bedrock together in some way.

Posted Jun 29, 2019
  6. In a heartbeat, Minecraft fell a great amount for me at the hands of the 1.9 PVP update, bettered in later updates but I loved the Terraria-endless style punch PVP I learnt so well
    oh ye

Posted Jun 29, 2019
  7. I like the purpose for shields, but it blocks up some of my screen so I dislike how big it is, when it pops up on your screen, and you cannot block anymore which makes me slightly unsatisfied.

Posted Jun 29, 2019
  8. Posted Jun 29, 2019
    SpitefulNick and Xion like this.
  9. Honestly, don't really know why they changed it. I think Jeb is making a plan to change it again for 1.15 don't know why they just go back to the way it was originally. 1.7-1.8 pvp actually involved skill I loved it.

Posted Jun 29, 2019
    SpookVegetables and _Prof_ like this.
  10. The Minecraft developers wanted a more intuitive way to play the game. Some players find the updated combat system a nice change of pace while the competitive side of the community disagree immensely, including myself. I'm not saying that it created a negative impact, but the reaction outbreak within Minecraft's feedback website was definitely not the greatest they've gotten after the first snapshot.

Posted Jun 29, 2019
  11. To be honest, I like playing on 1.8 because there are a lot of texture packs, mods, clients, etc on there. So switching to the latest version of Minecraft will be a -1 for me.

Posted Jun 29, 2019
    Task and Xion like this.
  12. Simple. 1.8 was the best in basically every ways possible especially the pvp part of it. But to answer your question: yes I would totally play if the pvp mechanics were reverted back to the war they were in 1.8 prior to the horrid 1.9 combat mechanics.

Posted Jun 29, 2019
    Task and _Prof_ like this.
  13. Agreed

Posted Jun 30, 2019
  14. You can just like the post instead of quoting it if agreeing Is all you're going to add lol.

Anyways, I haven't personally tested out the 1.15 PvP snapshot yet but from what I hear I could possibly get on board with finally updating my version. I do really wish that they would just severely nerf or do away with shields though. Anything that negates all damage, that covers the entire hitbox, is a stupid mechanic for pvp purposes.

Posted Jun 30, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 30, 2019
    Task, doeo and _Prof_ like this.
  15. I personally think that Minecraft is better in 1.8 pvp. I usually play Minecraft on 1.8.8 and it is super fun. I don’t really enjoy the new way of pvp in Minecraft now, but this is my opinion.

Posted Jul 1, 2019
    Task and _Prof_ like this.
  16. Hey there!

I don’t think they’re going back to the 1.8 style as shields were added and many players have adapted to the 1.9 combat. As stated above, mineplex still uses the 1.8 combat style and you can join the server with having the version 1.8 running.

Posted Jul 1, 2019