• 261 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6425 Players Online
  • 6164 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What inspired you to play Minecraft?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ChicasBooty, Jul 27, 2021.

1. the freedom to sandbox and experiment with projects and build/destroy whatever i want

Posted Sep 20, 2021
  2. So I actually ended up starting out with Minecraft Lite edition which was the free pocket edition at the time. Then for one of my birthdays a whileee ago my friend got me Java. We set up my username, and account and loaded up and the first server my friend said was "go on Mineplex it's the best." Once I got on Mineplex I never really got off it has been my favorite server for the longest time and I enjoyed being a normal player on it and now a staff member. I would have to say overall my friend inspired me along with the tons and tons of Youtubers I watched along the way as well!

Posted Sep 26, 2021
  3. CaptainSparklez all the way

Posted Sep 26, 2021
  4. My older brother was playing it about 10 years ago on Xbox 360, I ended up trying it and fell in love with it. Eventually I got it on PC and have been playing it ever since!

Posted Sep 26, 2021
  5. I originally started playing back in 2nd grade of school and to be honest youtubers and friends introduced me to the game :)

Posted Sep 26, 2021
  6. So for me, it was actually my close cousin (really the only family member I actually like) who got me into it back in 2011, we both started playing single player worlds together in front of each other until he went after that week, when he left I lost interest until late 2012, got back into it with single-worlds until 2014 when for the first time I joined mineplex early 2014 with the memory of having an ultra subscription etc... however i later lost interest until later 2014 when i heard about minecon happening in 2015 and whilst on a journey with my cousin we decided (whilst I was 11) that we both wanted to go to minecon in london so we managed to gain two tickets and ever since then I've been hooked on-and-off but mostly on with minecraft both in the development scene and mineplex.

Posted Oct 2, 2021
  7. For me, it was that all my friends were playing it and I wanted to get involved with it.

Posted Oct 2, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
  8. herd a bunch of people talk about it when i was 7.

Posted Oct 6, 2021
  9. I was like 10 or 11 years old and I wanted minecraft just so I could build like other youtubers did. (I didn’t know minigames where a thing back then). 7 Or 8 years later, here I am being a builder for MP :bt:

Posted Oct 6, 2021
    Arianna ♡ likes this.
  10. For me i played a knock off in school. It was fun i asked for it and got it i was like 6 when i did lol anyways i always built the same house and same cow farm all i did was push cows into a hole with hoppers. Anyways it was glitchy so my house got deleted a lot and im sure we all had the 200+ worlds problem lol. Anyways i got mcpe mod master and then it went on. Of course stampy cat he was my favorite mc youtuber back then so i had 50 Lovley worlds. makes me laugh. Then i played lifeboat survival all the time. Id always get killed by some pro. Anyways i know this is a why did you join and not a summary but there

My first house was a sponge house that always got deleted in knock off version.

Posted Oct 6, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Oct 6, 2021