• 666 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5396 Players Online
  • 4730 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What is your favorite aspect of the game and what makes it unique to Champions?

Discussion in 'Champions' started by Advil411, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Personally, my favorite part of the game is the theorycrafting that goes into making a kit. I believe that the amount of customization you're allowed to have with your kits allows for this theorycrafting element to really show. The fact that you can pick for yourself every ability, your items, and your passives allows for so much creativity and variation within games. Not many other combat games offer that much freedom.

When someone is doing well with a setup I haven't seen before, it usually makes use of some very interesting synergy I never thought about before. I constantly learn more about this game that hasn't had any major change in a very long time because of the creativity of the players. For example, the first time I saw someone using webs and heavy arrows together it completely blew my mind. For the longest time I thought webs were a complete meme item, but the person in question made me rethink that by trapping me and killing me effortlessly. It was something else.

The thing I dread the most is a massive drop in creativity, where the most optimal builds are found and the game ceases to change anymore. I believe that this is already in the process of happening with assassin, unfortunately. I have nothing against the people who play the assassin build, but I certainly don't see it as a good thing that one single build can be unquestionably the best way to play an entire class, with nearly every variation being a direct downgrade.

Sorry if that was a little extended; it's just my thoughts about my favorite part of Champions. I'd like to hear yours too!

Posted Jan 20, 2021
  2. Yes, experimenting with different builds and discovering something that is powerful and unique is very satisfying.

Posted Jan 20, 2021
    Arshaad_73 likes this.
  3. The way you can outplay people with different kits, even if they are better then you. You still have a change of winning the game if u know how to outplay someone with a better kit.

Posted Jan 21, 2021
    pwess likes this.
  4. I really love the class building aspect as it offers an incredible amount of customization. It keeps the game feeling fresh because there's almost always some new build you can try. The sheer amount of class diversity is really impressive too.

I'm also a huge fan of Heavy Arrows. It's a very unique skill and I have yet to see anything close to it in other games. It's very fun to play and pretty tricky to master, I've tried my best for years and I'm still finding ways to improve.

Posted Jan 21, 2021
    Nuclear™, Im_Ken and Amg like this.
  5. I'd have to agree with you and press, the class customization is probably one of my favourite features of champions. You can create so many different builds and tailor each one to best suit your playstyle which I think is really neat and something that differentiates champions from other games on the network. I also like each of the individual gamemodes, although CTF would probably be my favourite.

Posted Jan 21, 2021
    Amg and Nuclear™ like this.
  6. As a champions player myself, I can say that the amount of combinations for the different kits that can be used in the game is what makes this game so special. There are so many different abilities and kits to choose from and you can quickly find your ideal play style when playing Champions. As what @pwess and @Im_Ken stated, the class customization is also a very unique addition to champions and it is also one of my favorite features to this game.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Posted Jan 22, 2021
    Amg likes this.
  7. I couldn't agree more with the customization of kits definitely being one of the most fascinating aspects of Champions. Although I typically only ever stick with Knight or Ranger, I have tested multiple combinations of skills within each kit and its truly amazing the different objectives you can achieve with each kit. I played within the competitive side of Champions for a few years and it was always fun talking with my team on 'kit strategies' we'd use against certain people or certain teams to help combat their playstyles.

Besides that, another aspect I enjoy is the Healing Shot that ranger has. I don't always use it since I typically stick with Roped Arrow, but every now and then I enjoy running a kit with Healing Shot. I think once you have your aim down it can come in handy here and there for your teammates.

Posted Jan 23, 2021
    Amg likes this.
  8. Hey!

I've been wanting to reply to this thread for a couple of days and lost it, but I am glad I found it again! It seems that the others above have already mentioned my favorite aspect of Champions. I absolutely agree that the customization of kits definitely takes the cake for me. I can't even begin to remember the different types of kit loadouts I made and what I played. I want to say that I played a Mix of Archer and Brute. For Archer, I most definitely had Long Shot for the long snipes and for brute I had hilt smash/speed. I do agree with you that not many other PVP games have really allowed as much freedom with the kits, and that is what I always liked about Champions when I did play. It gave players creativity and for me, each game felt different because of the variety of different kits each player had.

Posted Jan 23, 2021
  9. When it comes to Champions, the main thing that comes to mind when asked why it's unique, is the kits. No other server has such unique classes with such unique abilities, who would have thought that leather armor (Assassin), would be so good?! Also, I like how the Champions kits are used in Clans, it adds so much to the game. Also, as people have already mentioned, the ability to customize a kit to your playstyle, you are not limited to selecting one kit with one set ability that you can't change. Furthermore, playing Champions helps with so many things when it comes to PvP and thinking. Since there are so many abilities, you really need to focus and practice to be able to use all of them correctly. Adding to that, being able to counter other players classes and abilities as well.

Posted Feb 19, 2021