• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6916 Players Online
  • 4026 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Implemented What is your opinion on Mineplex Survival Games and what do you think should change?

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Cipher122, Feb 24, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I play MPSG a lot, and I mean a lot. It's a very fun gamemode for me and I love playing even if I lose, but one thing I think that needs changing is the speed of the barrier as well as how much damage it does. I think it should be a tad bit slower and only deal one heart of damage per second but the knockback should remain.

Also, bring back deathmatch!

Posted Feb 24, 2019
    SpitefulNick and Kyuine like this.
  2. Hello! I love playing MP Survival Games! I love playing it because of how unique it is and how mineplex put its own twist on it. I don’t think there is much they could change besides adding deatatch back like how you suggested already.

Posted Feb 24, 2019
  3. Posted Feb 24, 2019
    Rvka and Kyuine like this.
  4. The thing I want to be changed in SG is:

THE anticheat!

Posted Feb 25, 2019
  5. There is a big difference between java SG and bedrock SG.
    Bedrock now has shorter games, 5 min, and the border doesn’t close in but does damage if you try to go further.

Posted Feb 25, 2019
    ohrangee567 likes this.
  6. I play on bedrock, I enjoy survival games but hardly anyone plays at night. I’m usually limited to cake wars during my window of time to play :/.

Posted Feb 25, 2019
  7. Hate survival games... i mean my stats explains why

Posted Feb 25, 2019
  8. Never enjoyed SG much. Before the time of Cake Wars, it always seemed like where all the tryhards went to practice PvP. The odds are stacked against you (by design, of course), so the concept was never very appealing.

Posted Feb 25, 2019
  9. I agree with @ClassN to be honest. In my opinion, it's still worse than Cake Wars in terms of tryhards, plus they have rods in SG...

Used to always lose in SG years ago because I sucked at PvP. Now I'm decent at it, and still lose to the resident level 98 player in the lobby that rods like a maniac and probably has a 15cps autoclicker. If that happens to someone that's been practicing their PvP for years like me, it's pretty clear what new players are going to think after failing to land a hit.

Few more things I might add: it's more often than not a game of luck as to what loot you'll get from center, and/or whether some dude decides to target you directly from the start.

Leading on from that, there seems to be an unspoken rule in SG that you must chase someone who runs away from you for the whole entire game until you kill them - it's so stupid because it prevents you both from getting decent resources, but people do it anyway.

I'm someone that likes to use a bit of strategy to win games, so Cake Wars is my first choice if I'm feeling up for some PvP. Next choice is Skywars.

Posted Feb 25, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  10. GWEN is mineplex’s Anti-cheat it’s not just the AC for SG it’s for mineplex as a whole. Plus the devs are prob trying their best to get someone into coding Gwen I do believe.

Posted Feb 25, 2019
  11. Fully aware that gwen is their anti-cheat, and I won't go with the "best coding" into gewns anti-cheat, dev most likely doing something apart, since gwen anticheat cant be fixed for years now. And I know that the anticheat is for the whole mineplex, but anticheat seems to work better on some servers than others (anticheat usually bans in cakewars then SSM [because of double jump and fly abilities, so they won't mess up with the anticheat]) SG in this instance follows the same way (speed)

Posted Feb 25, 2019
  12. From my experiences with playing survival games, I think they should probably expand on the map sizes. The maps are a bit small in my opinion and the border closes in pretty quickly because of it, however smaller maps do make the game a bit more challenging which is nice, so maybe they should just add some new maps that are a bit bigger.

Posted Feb 27, 2019
  13. Hey everyone, thanks for your replies! I feel you James, being targeted the whole game by the same guy really stinks; They could run by a good 4 or 5 people and still put all their effort in chasing you.
    Petty, I'd agree on the map size and it also ties in with how quick the border is. Either bigger maps or the border needs to slow down, but I'd honestly want some bigger maps because the more open the SG map the slower the games which I'd say is good in and of itself because a lot of the time 12 people die at the beginning.
    As for anticheat, it's being constantly worked on so complaints are warranted and I do think it needs some tweaking but it's good that they're working on it.
    As for phonecord, what do you mean by a twist? I figured it's actually pretty normal and doesn't have these crazy item names and stuff like HP or other servers doing other things, Mineplex's SG games seem more casual and vanilla aside from the border.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 27, 2019
    _Petty likes this.
  14. I always loved the concept of sg and right now I'm fairly happy with where the game is at. Actually I think it may even be one of the few games right now that have balanced kits. Some things that don't bother me too much but I would like to change; spawnkilling and rods. I know that spawn killing is considered part of the game and that they try to negate it with the debuff you get for attacking someone at the start, but it still annoys me quite a bit when some dude gets a stone sword off spawn and chases you around all game when you're still naked. That said, I really don't mind it that much and wouldn't be bothered with it staying the same. The other thing is rods. I'm as much as a rod spammer dude as the next guy, but I would really like if sg went to more casual, vanilla sword combat. Again, not a huge issue, but I think it would be more fun if I didn't have to out sweat another rod spammer for every other kill. Also think it would attract more players who want something casual but don't want to be quickdropped by hackers in micro battles, or may just want a longer casual game.

Posted Feb 27, 2019
    Cipher122 likes this.
  15. Agree with you on the barrier. SG is fun, not many issues besides the barrier. Sometimes you can get so much stuff, but be in a bad place and get sandwiched between the barrier and a wall. Personally, I'd like the barrier to do only one heart damage while outside of it, and be slower.

Also like @PapiKirito, spawn killing can be quite annoying. I suggest adding a 10 second grace period at the beginning of the game.

Posted Feb 27, 2019
  16. Eh, I wouldn’t call it spawnkilling because you essentially decide whether you go to the middle or not. And there aren’t respawns in the game. I think the Bloodbath should stay and a grace period shouldn’t be added. It eliminates the factor of risk of going to the middle. Like said above, the game already discourages it and the speed should help you run.

Posted Feb 28, 2019
  17. While I'm not necessarily an experienced member within the SG community, I would still like to share some thoughts on this topic.

I believe that the border has its set speed in order to prevent the game from running well over expected game duration. This allows for players to feel rushed and pressured into moving faster, promoting competition. In addition, it also prevents players from staying in a particularly spot for a very long time, as they are forced to move further in and not camp.
    As for the deathmatch, I certainly do agree that it would be a good concept to have returned back onto Mineplex SG. Indubitably, it was a change that was introduced for some reason to benefit the game of SG. However, I do not see much of a problem with the idea of revamping it.

Hope my perspective makes sense
    ~ Shotty

Posted Feb 28, 2019
  18. SG never really appealed to me. You're likely to be taken out in the first few seconds and it's a pretty long game, which is understandable since it's (24?) players at most.

Posted Feb 28, 2019
  19. I usually liked to play Survival Games around Spring 2015, but I never won several times. This is mainly because of my PvP skills is not great enough for me to use my advantages. Now, I did not have experiences of playing Survival Games, but I believe that the border should have moved faster a bit. This will include taking one heart damage for touching a border which eliminates the players and ends the game quickly.

I believe that camping in the Survival Games is not fair to everyone on an everyday basis, but that is just my only personal preference. I really miss the deathmatch because I remember my friends and I have enjoyed playing Survival Games with deathmatch before the game ends. Because when the deathmatch begins to start, it will automatically teleport everyone into the spawn area.

Also, I will be moving a thread into the game alterations section.

-Thread moved to Game Alterations

Posted Feb 28, 2019
  20. Hey,

I apologize for the late reply.

These ideas have essentially been implemented. Currently, the border speed is variable, meaning that it will speed up as more and more people die. We believe that this is a sufficient implementation of adjusting border speed. Secondly, regarding border damage, it was recently implemented to do 1 HP per second.

As such, I will be marking this idea as thread with the appropriate tag as well as locking it.

Thank you for suggesting!

Thread Locked >> Idea Implemented

Posted Aug 11, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.