• 1039 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10143 Players Online
  • 9104 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What's a good gaming headset/headphones with microphone to get?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by mauhl, Oct 26, 2020.

?

Headset with mic attached or Headphones with mic on a stand?

1. Headset with mic attached

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Headphones with mic on a stand

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. My headset right now is pretty broken, but works fine. It does work, but if I move the switch to mute or unmute it makes a very loud static sound for everyone in the call or video to hear even when it's not on unmute. Also, the headphones usually play out of one ear more than the other unless I forcefully move the volume slider up more. I've been looking on Amazon and other websites for some low priced gaming headsets and I've found some maybe goods ones. When I find one with 4.5 or 5 stars that is like 28-35 dollars, I read the 5 star and the 1 star reviews before I consider buying them. I see in the one stars that they give you a piece of paper with the headset that says like "Write a 5 star review about the headphones and get one of these items free", so I am very suspicious about buying headsets now. Got any recommendations?

Posted Oct 26, 2020
  2. I was using the Logitech G430 headset before my current one and I actually really loved it. It has a long braided cable that terminates in a 3.5mm mic and 3.5mm headphone jack. If you don't have either of these ports then no worries because it also includes a USB adapter. The audio quality is solid, I happened to have a sound card in my computer to give them a bit more power and it really made the bass stand out. The microphone on the headset is good enough for discord calls and I had no issues with it. Overall I'd give this a personal recommendation... as long as you're careful! Both myself and a friend of mine with the same headset managed to crack the a piece holding one of the speakers in place which made the entire thing very loose when wearing. It's a design flaw with the product but it shouldn't cause you any issues as long as you're not packing this thing around all the time (like I did).

After breaking my G430s, I had to find a new one for myself and after a long settled on the Sennheiser HD 6XX. They don't come with a microphone however the sound quality is absolutely incredible and more than makes up for it. They're amazing for both gaming or just listening to music. I really like the removable cable so that if my dog chews up the original I can always buy a cheap replacement cable instead of a whole new pair of headphones. If you're fine with buying a dedicated microphone and have a bit of cash to spare, I highly recommend you consider this pair. I have zero regrets and I expect these to last a lifetime no joke.

Posted Oct 28, 2020
  3. From expensive Gaming Headsets such as Steel Series Arctis Pro, Razor Kraken, etc; to the budget Gaming Headsets such as the Turtle Beach Recon 70's; it all varies on your price range, size preference, ear size, and how long you expect your Headset to last. However, in my opinion, if your going for a pair of Gaming Headsets that would not only last for years, but also save you money in the process, then I would suggest purchasing the Turtle Beach Recon 70's; if your looking for something more "premium", then I would personally go for a pair of Steel Series Headsets, however Razor has some pretty impressive Headsets as well, so I would check them out as well before I make a decision.

Posted Nov 1, 2020
  4. Hello!
    For a headset, I recommend brands like Corsair, Razer, and Logitech. For a standalone microphone, Blue products have an amazing value for your money.

Posted Nov 2, 2020
  5. Hey Mineplexians!

So I just want to know what headphones you guys use, and some recommendations that are about $100 or less. Also, since I use discord a lot and zoom, I want to buy something that has a good sound quality and also a microphone. Currently, the one that I kinda seem to like is the Razer Kraken X, but I don't know how it compares to others. Let me know your recommendations.

Thanks in advance,

Legend998

Posted Nov 8, 2020
    anna. likes this.
  6. Editing my old response because I realized I posted the wrong link lol oops...sorry about that

The Logitech G430 Headset: X and Dolby Surround Sound Gaming Headset is what I would recommend. It is a little bit more money then you are looking for, it's about 220$ depending on where you buy it, however even tho its a bit more expensive I would definitely still recommend it because its lasted me about 4 years.

Its got very good quality sound and the microphone works pretty well too. It's comfortable, and it's adjustable if needed. Also it's blue. Blue is awesome.

As for headphones in the 100$ price range I really have no clue as I usually either buy super expensive headphones or super cheap headphones like 20$ lol, but I still definitely recommend the ones above.

Also sorry again about my old response - the pictures looked so similar but lmao nope

Posted Nov 8, 2020
    ilyLegend likes this.
  7. I would personally recommend air-pods. I've been using mine for a few years now and the sound quality as well as microphone clarity is amazing, never had an issue with them. They're also really lightweight and have a very comfortable fit to them, I even forget I'm wearing them sometimes. I guess it doesn't really count as a headset but my air-pods have had better sound quality and longevity than any other headset product I've owned before.

Hope this helped!

Posted Nov 8, 2020
    ilyLegend likes this.
  8. Hello!

For the longest time, I used Turtle Beach Force Recon 50x headset. It was my first "real" headset that I ever got, and it lasted me about 3 years. The issue was, it was slightly uncomfortable and the mic stopped working after a few years. Aside from the durability, the headset worked like a charm for the first few years. I can't say I'd recommend it though because, for the price, it wasn't all that great. Currently, I use the Logitech G533 gaming headset. It's only $70, and it has been outstanding! Logitech is one of the most reliable brands you could choose, whether it be mice, headsets, or anything else.

The best part about this headset is the mappable button, which helps you trigger certain functions while playing games. The excellent sound quality delivered by Logitech G533 makes it stand out of the crowd of opposing headsets/headphones with an affordable price tag. It's impressive, at least in my opinion, audio reproduction allows you to enjoy your favorite tracks and gaming, as well. The imaging is ideal enough that you can exactly locate the direct sound coming from, which is an excellent advantage while playing multiplayer games, such as Minecraft! Now, if that price tag sounds a bit too expensive for you, I'd also recommend the Logitech G332, which you can purchase for around $30-40 at Best Buy or similar locations. I'd definitely have to recommend it if it meets your criteria. Thanks for asking :)

Posted Nov 8, 2020
    ilyLegend likes this.
  9. Thank you Anna! However this is unfortunately above my budget!

Thank you Parrolet! That is good to know :D

Ok! That is really helpful too!

I have made a conclusion and am going to buy the Razer Blackshark V2 X! Thank you for responding to me :D

Posted Nov 8, 2020
    PieOrPi and anna. like this.
  10. Hey!
    As other users have stated above, I would highly recommend a Logitech headset. Personally, it's been providing me nothing but amazing sound quality, so you could never go wrong with that. However, some of the other headsets listed above (Razer, Corsair) are fantastic, but like you, I also have to deal with a budget!
    I hope this thread can help you out when making a future purchase!

Posted Nov 9, 2020
    ilyLegend likes this.
  11. Hello there!

Personally I use the HyperX Cloudstinger headset (Has a mic attatched) and it gives me a very good sound quality for the price of $50. However I would also say that Logitech headsets are also a good route to look down as well.

Now I use a stand alone mic called the Blue Snowball ice, it’s a $50 mic and it’s very good for the price. Now this may be above your budget but letting you know Incase you have an interest in a stand-alone mic sometime.

Posted Nov 13, 2020
    ilyLegend likes this.
  12. Hey man, thanks for the reply! Maybe in the future I’ll get a standalone mic, thank you for the recommendation :)

Posted Nov 13, 2020