• 167 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3235 Players Online
  • 3068 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What's Your Favorite DE Map? Least Favorite?

Discussion in 'Dragon Escape' started by Kindnessaj, Aug 6, 2022.

1. What is it? And why do you like that specific map so much?

As always, I'll start, and the one I like is currently Through Hell, because not only is it a classic, but it's just incredibly fun to go through. Like, you'd end up just finding each jump so satisfying and then it's just a crazy race in trying to get to the end before everyone else, it's awesome. But, of course, it is adifficult map mistake wise sometimes, because usually in most of Through Hell if you make an error you'd fall into the lava, but what would you expect of a hell map? It just makes sense lol. Then for my least favorite? Probably Steve's Swamp, and I'm honestly not too sure why... I'm guessing it's because it's a difficult map for me to do but it's just very unappealing to me, but other than that I don't quite know what makes me dislike it the most, and though I'm not saying that it's a bad map, it's absolutely not, and it is actually fun to play sometimes, but it's not my favorite, hahaha.

Posted Aug 6, 2022
  2. Pirate bay 100%. I like it because nostalgia and also just a cool map in general, pretty difficult but once you get used to the shortcuts its much easier and fun.

Posted Aug 6, 2022
    JoePCool14 and Kindnessaj like this.
  3. Looks like you're back to being as active as ever!

Posted Aug 6, 2022
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  4. All of them are my least favorite because I suck at parkour...

Just kidding, though since I suck at the gamemode I can't really say which is my favorite or least favorite :angryyoda:

Posted Aug 6, 2022
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  5. Heya,
    For me it is Skylands, it's the one map that gives me that nostalgic feeling of playing dragon escape back in the day. There are a few others like Through hell, although I don't really like that map personally. Overall, I really enjoy the relative simplicity of the map and also I, usually, have a fun experience on that map too. It is also great to see you active around the network again :)

Posted Aug 6, 2022
  6. Hey!
    So, my least favourite map is probably Into the Jungle and the pure reason for this is that I struggle with it. It's a well-built map with a solid theme, but It's never been my favourite, and it had some tough competition since I do enjoy most, if not all of the Dragon Escape maps.

The easier answer of the two; my favourite map is without question, Frost Run. It follows my favourite theme (anything snow) and does it very well. It doesn't seem overly complex, and it does its job very well in my eyes. Honourable mentions to Kamakoa Blossom and Lotus Crescent which I love due to just how unreal the building is in general, very aesthetically pleasing.

Great question!

Posted Aug 6, 2022
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  7. Never been a fan of the game, but when I do play it (cause I'm forced to in the Mixed Arcade rotation), I always prefer the OG maps.

Posted Aug 6, 2022
  8. Imo the most nostalgic map on all of Mineplex

Posted Aug 6, 2022
  9. My favorite map would probably be Skylands. A, it looks like an OG map even when you play on it. B, it has many SSM maps in it and the name of it is a Super Smash Mobs map (SSM is my favorite game :D). C, I just love it

Posted Aug 6, 2022
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  10. Haven’t played dragon escape in a while but used to be a pretty hardcore player. My favourite has to be Quiescent Pines because it really does rely on skill and jump timing rather than leaps and shortcuts. As such, most of the time the player who is actually good at parkour wins rather than the player that just knows all the shortcuts which is the case for most of the other maps.

My least favourite has to be something like Zodiac as it’s long, boring and aesthetically unappealing. It honestly looks as though someone just vomited blocks and that’s what it came out as. Plus, some of the jumps are ridiculously hard which makes it unsuitable for newer players

Posted Aug 6, 2022
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  11. I would have to say my least favorite is through hell as it's just not really my vibe. I personally am not the best at parkour and I feel like that's one of the harder ones, at least in my opinion. I also hate catching myself on fire and then losing that way. On the flip side, my favorite would be Skylands or into the Jungle. I personally love Skylands because that's the one map I have gotten really good at haha, and into the jungle I really love just for the building as it's a remarkable build in my opinion!

Posted Aug 7, 2022
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  12. Hey hey! I really haven't played a lot of Dragon Escape recently, but I truthfully could tell you my favorite/least favorite map. Before I follow through and answer, it is not due to the building, as all of the builder(s) who have worked on these maps are extremely talented. I'm just going based off which map would likely make me rage quit first and which may I enjoy jumping through the most. My favorite map is probably Skylands because it brings back so much MP nostalgia and I just remember so many times parkouring through this map with friends back in the day. My least favorite is Pirate's Bay because of incredibly difficult it is...I do not think I have ever completed this map before and I have definitely turned off my PC because of this map.

Posted Aug 7, 2022
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  13. My favorite map is probably Into the Jungle since it's decently difficult and doesn't get boring to play. My least favorite map is probably Lotus Crescent, it's really long and the parkour gets super hard at the end of it.
    I have to disagree, Zodiac is one of the most aesthetically appealing maps for me, probably the most so in DE

Posted Aug 7, 2022
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  14. whatever the pirate map is would be the WORST and i don't even think i need to clarify why

i don't really play anymore but i loved maple treeway, birch falls, and crystalline colony in no specific order

Posted Aug 10, 2022
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  15. Ian I never knew you were so based. +10 reputation

Maps like Zodiac, Time Travel, Fen, Into the Jungle, and Maple Treeway all have really smooth and satisfying shortcuts once you learn them.

Acropolis is awful and shouldn't have won that map competition.

Posted Aug 15, 2022
    AlwaysTakingWs / Jacob and Kihta like this.
  16. Unbased and cringe!

Posted Aug 15, 2022
  17. Skylands has to be my favorite. It's simply the OG Dragon Escape experience. It's simple, fun to play, and I enjoy the aesthetic of running around in the air.

Posted Aug 24, 2022
  18. I just have to say Skylands is my favourite and Hell following they are the OG's and anytime I play them I am hit with the sweet sense of nostalgia, reminds me of a simplier time. Also a big fan of Into The Jungle I believe that was the 4th map?

My least favourite is Pirate Bay which was the 3rd map I believe I'm not too fond of it as it's a little bit laggy and I just don't enjoy playing on it? No disrespect to the builders it's an incredible map just not my thing you know :)

Posted Aug 24, 2022
  19. I remember Pirate Bay was a laggy map since the day they added it. I never understood why, and it's a shame too because I'm a fan of the map too.

Posted Aug 24, 2022
    danb76 likes this.
  20. My favorite map is probably Into the Jungle. The parkour is for some reason a lot easier for me and I like the layout better!

Posted Aug 29, 2022