• 965 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3544 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Survey What's your favorite genre of book? if possible please give a name!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sean ✩, Jan 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heyo!
    I'm really looking for something to read, other than February newsletter edition 2020.
    I'm currently reading 1 harry potter book and knowing me, I'll probably finish it within 3 days. Anyone got any good suggestions on what I should read? Or if not, then just comment the following:
    1. What genre do you like?
    2. If possible, give a name.
    Many Thanks for taking your time to read this!
    Cheers!
    ~Sean

Posted Jan 15, 2020
  2. Hey Sean, awesome that you like to read! I used to be a nonstop reader but I haven’t read much in recent years. I plan to read the Harry Potter series one day.

My favorite genre is historical fiction.
    Some titles that I’ve enjoyed are Code Name Verity and A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. I also love mythology, and used to read a lot of Greek mythology in specific. I am still planning on reading a book on Norse Mythology but I haven’t yet gotten around to it.

Hope you enjoy the Harry Potter book and whatever else you end up reading!

Posted Jan 15, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 15, 2020
    M3k_, Korben and Sean ✩ like this.
  3. Thanks for getting back to me! Hopefully I have some time to check those out! <3

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 15, 2020
    Korben and Dillionia like this.
  4. Hello! I personally like to read sometimes myself in my free time. I would have to say my favorite book genre is science fiction. I love the creative ideas that authors come up with and incorporate into their books. When reading science fiction books, I come up with different ideas and scenarios in my head myself. Out of all the science fiction books I've read, I would have to say Things Not Seen or The Hunger Games are my favorite books.

Posted Jan 15, 2020
    Korben likes this.
  5. I have a decent sized list, with lots if different genre's, so here I go!
    1) The Hunger Games
    2) The maze runner
    3) 13th reality series
    4) Percy Jackson
    5) the 5th wave series
    6) the kane chronicles
    7) partials series
    8) Lord of the rings
    9) Jurassic park series
    10) Savage by Thomas Sniegoski
    11) Flashfall by Jenny Moyer
    12) Diary of a wimpy kid
    13) Optimists die first
    14) the chronicles of Nick
    15) the chronicles of Narnia
    16) Hunters
    17) the elder stone saga
    18) Variant series
    Those are some of my all time favorite books and series as well as some stuff I have been reading recently, depending on your tastes you might not like some of them, but I think you will find something you like out of those. Also I didn't want to look up the names of all the authors so I only put them on the less known books, if your having trouble finding one just dm me and I can get you the authors name. Have a great day though and I hope you enjoy the harry potter, thats a great series.

Posted Jan 15, 2020
    M3k_, Crazyy_Tim, SpyNinja__ and 4 others like this.
  6. Wow I read so many of these lol

Posted Jan 15, 2020
    Korben likes this.
  7. Hey! I have read a lot of book series over the years, with different genres, so I’ll list my favorite here:
    Warriors Cats
    Hunger Games
    Percy Jackson and the Olympians
    The Heroes of Olympus
    Homelanders
    GameKnight999
    Divergent
    Hopefully you are able to read some of these, as they are all great series!

Posted Jan 15, 2020
  8. Oooohhh yea thats what I forgot! Diverget. New I was missing something lol

Posted Jan 15, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  9. Hey! Great thread! Here’s my list:
    Warriors Cats
    The Hunger Games
    The Percy Jackson Series
    The Heroes of Olympus
    GameKnight999 Series
    The Jurassic Park/World Series
    The Trials of Apollo
    Homelanders
    And probably a ton more xD

Posted Jan 15, 2020
  10. Heyo!

Super interesting question you got here! My favorite book genre would probably be Murder Mystery. I just love how they leave you on a cliff hanger every single chapter and it just really draws you in and makes you want to keep reading, so suspenseful. My favorite author to read in this genre would be hands down April Henry! She's such a fantastic writer and writes such fantastic and entertaining books!

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Jan 15, 2020
    M3k_, PewDiePizza and Korben like this.
  11. I don't do as much reading now as I have in the past, but I still read every now and then, mostly when I have time at school.

My favorite is ghost stories or really just anything spooky )idk if that's a real genre or not but it's the type of book i like)

Reading some of these other comments, i also noticed that other people enjoy some of the same series as I did. For example, Diary of a Wimpy Kid , the Percy Jackson, and Heroes of Olympus were my favorites back when I read them in middle school.

Posted Jan 15, 2020
    M3k_ and Korben like this.
  12. Finally someone who likes the Chronicles of Narnia!

Posted Jan 15, 2020
    Korben likes this.
  13. I really enjoy any type of fiction / realistic fiction. My favorites are The Fault In Our Stars and Wonder.

Posted Jan 16, 2020
    M3k_ and Sean ✩ like this.
  14. Ahh thank you all for the replies. I'll be sure to make a chart of all your opinions and recommendations.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 16, 2020
    Korben likes this.
  15. I used to love the harry potter books, but I read them way too many times and lost interest. I'm a really picky reader and will only read books with action and that are interesting, I'll just make a quick list of suggestions.

-Enders Game
    -Hunger Games
    -Beowulf (comic book)
    -Michael Vey
    -Warriors (Graphic Novels)
    -Naruto Manga
    -Pokemon Manga
    -Freak the Mighty
    -The Outsiders

That's about all the books I've read in the last few years. Some of them are popular there, but some don't get enough attention, Most of those do have a show or movie to go along with them, the comic books and graphic novels don't though obviously.

Posted Jan 16, 2020
    Korben and M3k_ like this.
  16. I'll be locking this thread tomorrow!
    Any more suggestions, be sure to reply here, as tomorrow it will be locked.
    Cheers!
    ~Sean
    Best get starting to record these results.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 17, 2020
    M3k_ and Korben like this.
  17. It's really nice to see there's people who read a lot in the community, as a fellow passionate reader I have some suggestions based on books I loved:
    -Jules Verne's "20000 leagues under the sea"
    -"The Lord of the Rings" by Tolkien
    -One of Isaac Asimov's books(if you like sci-fi genre)
    -Shakespeare's "Macbeth"
    -The translated version of "Aeneid"(if you like something more "classic")
    -Machiavelli's "The Prince"(it's a non-fiction book about politics but I consider it a masterpiece)

These are my favourite among the books I've read so far(There's also Dante's Divine Comedy but it's very complicated). In the future I'm going to read something else by Shakespeare and some horror stories by Lovecraft(I like his philosophy).

Have a nice day and have a good reading :D
    -M3k

Posted Jan 17, 2020
    Sean ✩ and Korben like this.
  18. How into Lord of the rings are you? I'm a huge fan myself, maybe we could talk about it or something? Lol I'm so awkward even over the internet xD

Posted Jan 17, 2020
    M3k_ likes this.
  19. Hey!
    My favorite genre of books would either have to be history or fiction. I love history books because personally I want to get into politics as an adult and work either as a senator or higher so reading all about history really entertains me. I also love fiction because it gives me a story to read and keeps me engaged into it because the plots are always so interesting.

Posted Jan 17, 2020
    Korben and Dillionia like this.
  20. psst read some historical fiction!!

Posted Jan 17, 2020
    Korben likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.