• 1224 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7919 Players Online
  • 6695 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Where's Clans?

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Daye, Jan 23, 2021.

1. I really used to enjoy playing clans, but it's been so long since it's been relevant. I've been wanting to start playing again but with the lag and lack of players it's pretty hard, so I ask @Flaym or @AlexTheCoder, even though I most likely won't get a response it's worth a try, is there any update on clans? Not to be the negative person, but I'm really not looking for another staff member or someone else to say, "It's on the way" or "SoonTM" because to be frank it's been too long without the clans management team saying anything. Anything helps, maybe a time estimate? Just something. Thanks.

Posted Jan 23, 2021
    Vispersa likes this.
  2. There is a lot going on that we can't really say if I'm being honest with you. We as in the clans staff have actually discussed something along the lines of communicating with the community about certain things, but we really can't. It's frustrating we know, and we feel the same way. I wish I could tell you more. But, if you didn't know Alex has leaked a couple things about Clans like "eek spiders!" in the MPD and in StaffRequest. The hint we have also publicly made is 'biomes'. When it comes to an estimate, there isn't one or a date as of now. Clans is being worked on, and hopefully will be released soon.

Posted Jan 23, 2021
  3. I really appreciate your honesty, so thank you for that. I understand not much can be said, but I just wish there was some kind of estimate. I know that's probably not too possible, but it's worth a try to ask.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 24, 2021
    Im_Ken and iKassy like this.
  4. Hey Daye aren't/weren't you a part of that toxic clan called 'Shape' that alted hackers into the clan to raid people to steal supplies, rares, and legends? I specifically remember you, Huazi, and CHAMPLONS from seasons 2 and 3. Yeah that's why the clans community left. The community died cause of people like you. It died as a game due to it not only being broken and full of bugs, but because of a toxic player base of clans that found every which way to cheat and extort against other clans in the game. Champions and clans are dead. Let it rest.

Posted Jan 24, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  5. Our clan didn't cheat, but I'm not going to get into that. Clans were one of the biggest games, as well as champions, and I believe a lot of Mineplex's previous player base played and enjoyed the champions game mode as a whole. Without anyone religiously working on it, then the server will remain at a pretty low player base. The fact that the server reset frequently was what made it fun, and now that there hasn't been a reset in however many months people just don't want to play anymore. That's the problem.

OP OP
  6. Sadly a time estimate is not possible and there's a reason we don't give time estimates, even general ones, very often if ever. There would be public outrage if a deadline was missed, and there are tons of reasons why a deadline might be missed especially with such a small Dev team. I'm sorry we can't give you more specific information, but I can assure you that as soon as it is fully developed and tested, it will be released.

Posted Jan 24, 2021
    iKassy likes this.
  7. There were already a few estimates made, such as ”before 2021.” Clearly, these estimates already passed. When that was said, it got spread around like a wildfire and was treated as fact even though it obviously was not. I hope that helps you understand why we don’t like putting dates / estimates.

Posted Jan 24, 2021
  8. Not only do people not play anymore cause there hasn't been a recent reset, but they also stopped playing because of toxic players that ban together and run each clans servers. Such as your clan, clan shape. There are videos that were posted a while back on the forums about Shape alting and cheating in season 2. I and many others remember you and dozens of other clans for the disgusting cheating and foul play that was prevalent throughout the clans seasons. Clans that alt hackers in, use xray, and utilize other cheats to obtain legends and dominate events are the reason clans died. New players have no hope of succeeding in clans. New players don't want to play clans. Champions and clans has been dead now for over 2 years and it is time for people to move on. Mineplex has other priorities, hence no reset or recent game updates in years. Best thing that ever happened to mineplex was when clans builders boxes got broken in season 4. Because of the duplication glitch everyone mass bought builders boxes and mineplex made racks off of season 4. People ended up comign to mineplex and playing clans like never before cause it was fun, exciting, and hilarious. After mineplex decided to end the hilarious episodic adventures of season 4, clans died off even more. The majority of the player base that enjoyed clans enjoyed all the games most unique features during season 4, and now no one feels the need to play again to obtain rares or legends when in reality most clans had hundreds if not thousands of legend during season 4.

Posted Jan 24, 2021
  9. It's not that I don't understand why there has been no hard estimate, it's more of me laying down the facts. If there is still not even one word said then why should people even have hope that clans will return? I mean even just a public forum post explaining why it's taking so long. I know it's a lot to ask, but you have to realize huge games, and even other Minecraft servers, are able to push out updates and give a good hard deadline of when something will be released. This keeps player levels high on the servers, and I think that's what is making Mineplex not be the best at this point. Often updates are made for forgotten games instead of trying to fix one of the most popular game modes, and games that would boost Mineplex's player base once again. I mean, just for even more facts on this, at the beginning of the quarantine caused by COVID-19, clans was quite popular and the server numbers were higher than ever, but then clans didn't receive an update and now Mineplex is back down to around 2000 players on the Java Edition.

Just as a little disclosure here, I'm not trying to insult, flame, or demean anyone who works as a volunteer for Mineplex, or even the developers, I'm honestly just trying to figure out what's going on and it's hard when there are so many rules on keeping quiet, which I get but they are still definitely a problem.

OP OP
  10. I don't mean to call anyone out here, but this doesn't quite make sense to me. The reason for there not being an estimated time of release is because of the fact that the deadline could be missed, which is completely understandable. But, where I'm confused is that there is a lack of staff members in the development department, but Mineplex doesn't want to team up and hire more developers because "We already have a team of Mineplex developers" -Amg_, and you can read about that more here, or see the attached image below. To sum it up, Clans can't be released sooner because there are not enough developers working on it, but Mineplex also already has enough developers? I could understand if Mineplex was having trouble finding people willing to develop and help better Mineplex, but there are clearly people offering their assistance.

[​IMG]

OP OP
  11. The development and clans management teams are working extremely hard to roll out the new Clans season. Just like the previous replies stated, we cannot disclose any information regarding the development process for the gamemode nor can we share an estimated release time simply because we just don't have one. As a former Clans Management Assistance member, I can assure you they're constantly working with Clans Insights to come up with new content that could possibly be implemented in newer seasons; it's all up the development team now.

Posted Jan 24, 2021
    RainbowUnicornGM and iKassy like this.

12. You can say that now, and while I obviously hope it's true, when/if Clans resets, we'll all be able to tell just how much effort the dev team put into it. There should be a years worth of work blatantly visible when the updates are released, the dev team can't just reset the map, add a few new features and pretend like they just reinvented minecraft. This whole secrecy thing is ridiculous, we're all baited into thinking there's gonna be a game changing update considering the ample amount of time the dev team has had, but they're most likely gonna drop the ball again.

Posted Jan 24, 2021
  13. Hey, while I know it's frustrating to be left waiting and wondering when the new season will be released, you should remember that us staff members are waiting too. We all want the new season to come out as soon as possible, and unfortunately, we have no choice but to wait. While of course, we have no way in knowing exactly how the game will be developed, or when it will be ready, all we can do at the moment is cross our fingers.

Posted Jan 24, 2021
    RainbowUnicornGM likes this.
  14. I use to play clans a lot few years ago. Based on the staff replies to this thread I am getting quite excited, I can't wait to get back into it. I think at this moment and based on the replies we should all be patient, I'm sure the clans management team are working super hard and it's only a matter of time before they come out with updates and get us a reset soon! :)

Posted Jan 24, 2021
    LIGHTSABERRLX likes this.
  15. Estimates are often not given as deadlines slip and people get upset. I can say that certain unforeseen (although perhaps not entirely unpredictable) delays that are out of the control of the Clans Management team have caused the release of the latest update to the game to slide much further than any of us expected.

Posted Jan 24, 2021
  16. Hey there Daye.

In that thread, in which you quoted me from, I was addressing a suggestion made by another player, that "Mineplex Developers should team up with another team of Developers from another server." I was inferring that Mineplex is its own entity/server and I would not foresee our Team of Developers Teaming up with another server's team of Developers. Why? Simply because Mineplex is its own business and the plugins/game development is strictly kept confidential from other servers.
    This is not true. All Job listings can be found at jobs.mineplex.com. And one of the listings, is in fact a Plugin Developer. Mineplex is more than willing to hire new Developers, as it is listed on the jobs page.

Moreover, as said many times previously throughout this thread, the Development Team and the Clans Management team are working as hard as they can in making this update well worth the wait. I really do understand your frustration because there are no "time estimates," or public information in regards to the undergoing process of this upcoming clans update. Unfortunately, there's only so much information that can be disclosed and all we can do is patiently wait. I understand that's probably not the answer anyone wants to hear, but that's what it comes down to. It will be worth the wait, and I am sure they are doing everything within their power to make sure that this upcoming update is quality.

Posted Jan 25, 2021
    RainbowUnicornGM and AyyNick like this.
  17. Its in the Realm of SoonTM

Posted Jan 25, 2021
    LIGHTSABERRLX likes this.
  18. SoonTM Lord, Don't question it

Posted Jan 29, 2021
  19. lol

Posted Jan 29, 2021
    2s0 likes this.
  20. yes DaddyLight

Posted Jan 29, 2021