• 194 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1830 Players Online
  • 1636 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Which Gamemode would you want to add to Classics Gamemode?

Discussion in 'Classics' started by OmeGaJust6606, May 31, 2021.

1. Hey there My First Post Here :D
    I was asking myself which Gamemodes you think should be Added to Classic gamemodes.
    I begin and say I would Like to See a spleef Gamemode Added to Classics. Its a fun Mini-Game you can easily Play especially If you want to Play Something Short.

Posted May 31, 2021
  2. Snake, super spleef, pretty much every game on Java’s mixed arcade.

Posted May 31, 2021
    Gil-galad and OmeGaJust6606 like this.
  3. Bomb lobbers, 500k exp a day when it was online
    I need to reach level 100 fast before I rip my hair out with my all day and only 20k exp lol

Posted May 31, 2021
  4. mixed arcade, spleef, everything from java, skyfall.

Posted Jun 4, 2021
  5. I would have to agree with @Gamerscore cat . Bomb lobbers is in fact my favorite game, and the fact that it gives lots of XP isn't exactly a downside :). Other than that, I would like to see Nano Games introduced to Bedrock, as it is the game I play most on java (except from Bomb Lobbers, however that game is mostly empty). The only issue I see with bringing Nano Games and other classics/mixed arcade to bedrock from Java is the dev time. Right now, our only front-end dev (Gyroninja, responsible for creating and maintaining minigames) is quite busy working on updates and bug fixes. Transferring/porting so many games and maps would take up a lot of time, time that might be better invested in fixing game-changing bugs and glitches or improving the existing games.
    -Bob

Posted Jun 5, 2021
  6. Mixed arcade was already a thing, the code is already written. Dev time, i thought we would be getting more devs, like, 5 days ago lol whats up with that.

Posted Jun 5, 2021
  7. Snake. I've never played it but it seems fairly fun.

Posted Jun 5, 2021
  8. Alex (AlexTheCoder) announced a few weeks ago in the Mineplex Discord server (discord.mineplex.com) that there were a bunch applicants waiting to be reviewed and processed, which will probably take some time to go through. As for Mixed Arcade, while it is true that the code is already written, the reason why Mixed Arcade was removed in the first place was because of the lack of players and the amount of work it took to maintain. I believe that because by now the player count has stabilized around 10k players average, the games would get enough players. However, the other problem still persists. Even though the code is still there, it would need a lot of maintenance, because they have now been sitting around for over a year. Like I said before, our front-end developer is very busy, and the leaders and owners would probably like to improve the games we have right now before adding new ones.

Posted Jun 5, 2021
  9. Eh, why would it need to be maintained? Whats wrong with it?

Posted Jun 5, 2021
  10. One In the Quiver

Posted Jun 5, 2021
  11. It'd be easier than fixing skyblock at least

Posted Jun 5, 2021
  12. I'd personally love to see either Dragon Escape or Bomb Lobbers added into the Classics Menu. I find myself on Java quite a bit playing Mixed Arcade for those two gamemodes and it's something I feel like would be great on Bedrock. During the Christmas event when Bomb Lobbers came back it was extremely fun to play and it seems like a lot of people really enjoyed it. I feel like it works so well on Bedrock because of how simple the concept is and how fun/easy it is to play. As for Dragon Escape, I also played it quite a bit on Bedrock when Mixed Arcade was around and I'm a big fan of parkour minigames so it's definitely something I'd like to see return sometime in the future.

Posted Jun 8, 2021