• 485 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2570 Players Online
  • 2085 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Which type of builder are you?

Discussion in 'Master Builders' started by SilentLattice31, Jan 15, 2019.

?

Which of the following are you (multiple can be selected)?

1. Wool/clay builder

40.0%
  2. Sculptor builder

20.0%
  3. Rushed builder

13.3%
  4. Off-topic builder

6.7%
  5. Lazy builder

20.0%
  6. Biologist builder

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Inappropriate builder ;(

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Grian builder (don't lie)

13.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. There are commonly 8 types of builders in Master Builders, which one are you?

-----------------------------------------------------------

The wool/clay builder: You are the type of person who builds everything using either wool or clay.

The sculptor builder: You basically build everything with slabs, stairs, fences, and other stuff that accurately shapes what the build is meant to be.

The rushed builder: You build everything like the time limit to build it is even lower than what it really is, it's best not to rush unless you know what you're doing.

The off-topic builder: You tend to build something that is somewhat or completely has nothing to do with the actual build.

The lazy builder: You are the type of person who does little effort into what the build is suppose to be.

The biologist builder: You tend to use mobs as a representation of builds (like if the title is "bird" you are likely the person who just places chickens along with a build of it).

The inappropriate builder: You are the person who's building stuff that people are forced to use the book on when voting (please don't be that builder).

The Grian builder: You are the person who makes builds look amazing, almost flawless, just like how Minecraft/YouTuber Grian builds.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I'm not offending anyone by calling them one of these, but if there are likely more types of builders who are hybrids of some of the types of builders stated above. This is just what I commonly see on Master Builders.

Posted Jan 15, 2019
  2. Hiya,

I am not an expert when it comes to building, but when I occasionally do join a game of Master Builders, I normally choose clay/terracotta. I just prefer the look over everything else because of the fine textures on the blocks, although, now that I think about it, it may just be my texture pack. Furthermore, I do actually fall into two of the categories, the other being the off topic builder because sometimes my mind will just find a memory from my past and I just have to build it. Sadly, it doesn't work out when voting comes into play as most people don't understand it, haha.
    Grian is actually one of my favorite, small paced, building YouTubers in Minecraft. If anyone actually admits to being in this category, I would love to see how you build things in a real game.
    Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing other peoples building types!

Have a great day! :)

Posted Jan 15, 2019
  3. Hey!

I am hands down a wool/clay builder. I always use wool for every build. I love using wool and I wouldn't play Master Builders if there was no wool. This is a great post and it very accurately describes me!

Posted Jan 15, 2019
  4. There is no doubt in my mind I am the rushed builder. I try to do everything quickly like I'm so professional builder, and I still end up not finishing by the end of the five minutes. Props to everyone who has learned to build so efficiently because I'm sure it must have taken a lot of practice.

Posted Jan 15, 2019
  5. I have little to no experience when it comes to building if I ever play master builders I would definitely have to google an idea haha. I'd have to consider myself the lazy builder. The easiest type of building for me would have to be 3D Animal builds. I feel like adding a lot of details to the builds is very important so I try to implement that. And of course, adding the pink blush!! I'm glad you mentioned Grain for one of your choices in the poll because I really love his videos!! He's a really talented builder and I always wonder what happens in his brain when he builds. He most likely inspires lots of builders across the world.

Posted Jan 16, 2019
  6. It depends on the theme. Usually, I like to stick with clay or wool for my builds as that's what I'm most comfortable with, but if the theme is something like house I'm forced out of that comfort zone and will use slabs, fences etc. Depending on how I'm feeling, I may also choose to be fairly lazy with my builds and leave out details I would otherwise include, or use mobs to represent something I might otherwise build. Neat thread, it's interesting to see how others play.

Posted Jan 16, 2019
  7. Whatever the theme is, I will always use stairs, slabs, doors, trapdoors, fences, etc.
    It looks nicer with it.

Posted Jan 16, 2019
  8. Heya!

I'm honestly not lying when I say I am a "The Grian builder". I love to take my time for my builds, especially when I'm doing a map. I just enjoy organizing my palette, and then building what I really want to. I can't say that I make builds almost "flawless", but in my opinion, I do make them look really good.

Unfortunately, I stopped playing Master Builders due the fact that people can vote unfairly which totally ruins the gameplay to me at least. I enjoyed playing it, but people quickly realized they could give everyone the worst vote which ruins the point. That's why I started building in creative alone, maybe with a friend sometimes. But I do think BLD improves your building skills, since you only have 5 minutes to build the theme that Mineplex chooses.
    Anyways I'm not lying I swear :(

Teodora / Tea

Posted Jan 16, 2019
  9. I only included the "don't lie" because people can claim their builds are perfect though majority of people fail to see it that way. If you are a Grian builder (which you already said), then congrats!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 16, 2019
  10. Heya! Quite a fun post you got here!

I am definitely NOT a Grian builder, although I wish I was. I would consider myself an off-topic builder, because I like to build random things on the Lobby Snowflake! However, in games such as Master Builders, I would consider myself a Wool/Clay builder, as I feel these blocks are the easiest to use and have the most color options!

Sincerely,
    SaucyStyle

Posted Jan 16, 2019
    BasicT likes this.
  11. Hey there! As for Bedrock, I am considered a "Grian Builder," but as for Java, I'm more of a Mix of a sculptor mixed with a wool/clay builder. I feel these mixes make the build look very nice and unique and its just more of my personality to sum it up. Like @SaucyStyle stated, another reason why I like wool/clay is they are very easy to use and have a lot of color options!
    Have a nice day!
    ~Caiym (BasicT)

Posted Jan 16, 2019
    SaucyStyle likes this.
  12. I'm the bad builder

In all seriousness though, I'm a wool/clay builder, I guess.

Posted Jan 16, 2019
  13. After years of grinding Cakewars and similar games on other servers, I have learned to build very quickly (and use a lot of wool) so I'm sorta mixed.

Posted Jan 16, 2019
  14. I personally quite like Master Builders, and find it enjoyable to play with friends but I honestly I don't know if I can fit into any of these. I'm definitely not a sculptor builder as I end up messing shapes up if I try to be fancy and use stairs. Not a rushed builder as I always unfortunately forget about the time, not an off-topic builder as I always try to fit the theme as well as I can. Not a lazy builder as I'm often finding myself having to be creative to work with whatever the given heme is. I'm also not a biologist builder because with most of the themes mobs don't fit in well. Not being an inappropriate builder is a given and I'm not a Grian builder for sure as I really don't think there's enough time for perfection, in my case anyway.

I guess the wool/clay builder is the one I fit the description of best. Though I do like to experiment with different textures and try not to make all my builds the same. Because I'm clearly not the best builder, I find myself getting creative with how I interpret the theme while making what it is clearly visible to the people voting. That works in my favor and has worked a few times. As I've previously mentioned I don't join MB games too often but it could be fun to switch up the style and try some of the other ways to play that you mentioned.

The answers so far have been interesting as it's always nice to see how other people play and what their viewpoints are when going into it!

Posted Jan 16, 2019
  15. When it comes to building I am slow and lazy. lol I love building but I don't at the same time. I will like start building something they quit and be like "This gonna take too long"

Posted Jan 16, 2019
  16. I would like to play any game that involved building, however, I am just not good at building. Whenever I do play, I like some people above mostly stay towards the clay side of things due to I enjoy how it looks. Overall, I am not talented, to say the least at building.

Posted Jan 16, 2019
  17. Though I usually play Master Builders on the Java server, I often use the same techniques on both platforms. For me, it really depends on the topic, as some I am more of the wool/clay builder and others I am more of a sculptor builder. I think it just depends on how much detail I want to include and if I think I have the time to give it more detail. If I decide for a larger build, I may not necessarily have as much time to give it details since I'll be building the base. However, for smaller builders, it's easier to complete the basics and then use the extra time to add more detail with different blocks. I'm definitely not a Grian builder and I'm sure I'll never be. He's quite the amazing builder.

Posted Jan 17, 2019