• 621 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11644 Players Online
  • 11023 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Which Version?

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by TheCircusDog, May 20, 2019.

?

Which Version Do You Use

1. 1.8

71.7%
  2. 1.9+

28.3%
  1. Which version of Minecraft do you use?

Answer the poll

Posted May 20, 2019
  2. I'd choose 1.8 because I like the PVP mechanics better. When I'm playing even on cake wars where it can come in handy to have the reliability of 1.8.

Posted May 20, 2019
  3. What are the differences in 1.8 vs newer versions

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 20, 2019
  4. 1.8 has block hitting and 1.9 has shields. 1.8 in my opinion is easier to use in pvp situations

Posted May 20, 2019
  5. I've used 1.8.9 for a couple of months now, and I can't switch back to 1.12. 1.8.9 is amazing for PvP and is much more simple to use. It also isn't buggy as Mineplex uses 1.8 PvP and you're playing in that version. Using newer versions can be buggy and a little awkward in PvP situations, so I definitely suggest switching to 1.8.9.

Posted May 20, 2019
    cernsie likes this.
  6. Personally, I use 1.8.9 when I play on Mineplex. Otherwise, when I'm playing survival, I go for the latest version to get access to all the new features. I completely dislike the PvP aspect of the game in later versions and hope that it'll eventually be reverted in a later update. Sometimes it just feels like we're being held back by having to use older versions all the time.

Posted May 20, 2019
    Dulciloquy and SpitefulNick like this.
  7. 1.8.9 until PvP is reverted

Posted May 20, 2019
    nathan. and cernsie like this.
  8. I personally prefer 1.9+, although I genuinely use 1.13.2 because most of my other servers I play on use a newer version and I would rather consistently stay on a higher version so it's easier to switch servers. On the PVP aspect of it, I much prefer 1.8's combat over any other version, meanwhile, I wish that Mineplex could update their server to a more recent version, a simple fix to the pvp issue would be to use a plugin that makes 1.9+ servers continue to use 1.8 combat. (it exists). That way they can have more room to expand on maps and other uses provided with more recent versions.

Posted May 20, 2019
  9. 1.8 is especially beneficial to use in SSM as all the kits have an extra invisible squid added on to them that you can hit, making landing melee attacks easier. If you play SSM a lot, I definitely recommend using 1.8

Posted May 20, 2019
  10. I hate 1.9+ pvp. 1.8 all the way

Posted May 21, 2019
  11. Wow this has gotten a lot of responses.
    --- Post updated ---
    Check my polar bear kit

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 25, 2019
  12. For singleplayer, I would for sure go for the most recent version,

However, on servers involving PvP, I'd go for 1.8 since the mechanics are so much better in my opinion.

Posted May 25, 2019
    xOeuf likes this.
  13. 1.8.9, is best for actually having hits register at least somewhat consistently. Until they can redesign the hit registering somehow that's probably what its going to stay at.

Posted May 25, 2019
    xOeuf likes this.
  14. It exists, but I've never seen a version of it that's as good as 1.8

Posted May 25, 2019
    SpitefulNick and xOeuf like this.
  15. I personally use Minecraft 1.12.2.

I don't really know why, I just use it lol

Posted May 25, 2019
  16. Hello!
    Personally I enjoy using 1.8.9 with forge and many other mods. I feel it gives a more smoother aspect to Mineplex pvp.

Posted May 25, 2019
  17. Hey there!
    I like 1.8.9 because of Labymod and BLC, they make things really smooth and enjoyable, and I just like how the customizable HUD looks with those on :D
    Block hitting also comes with 1.8, which can give you an advantage in PvP!

Posted May 25, 2019
  18. Hello, hello!

I play Bedrock Edition... :)

Posted May 25, 2019
  19. I used to use 1.12 but it was trash (and 1.13 is worse) so I was like, "well, since 1.8 was before the combat update, it will probably help me get better at PVP." and it sure did.

Posted May 25, 2019