• 430 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3009 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Who’s a Good Character to Pick Up for Newer Players?

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by PracticalitiesX, Nov 8, 2019.

1. I think squid shouldn't be too much of an issue even with 3 abilities; yes having 3 tools can be a bit confusing but since FF has a long cooldown and is a straightforward ability that is easy to learn and use I think it's still a good beginner kit.

Blaze I don't recommend for beginners, I think it falls into the camp of being too simple and too easy to "abuse" for you to really be able to learn the game- you can easily fall into the habit of just running and spamming firefly and inferno which can be effective against newer players but won't help you much down the line. If you're able to play without relying on that, great! But I think newer players more than not will fall to that.

Posted Nov 11, 2019
    Mitchy, xOeuf and neropatti like this.
  2. If you want to win? Blaze, Pig, or maybe Wolf

If you want to improve? Skeleton, Squid, Creeper, IG

Posted Nov 13, 2019
  3. Want to improve the fun way? Wither, Witch
    Want to improve the easy way? Skeleton, Enderman
    Want to improve the hard way? Guardian, Zombie
    Want to improve the cancerous way? Iron Golem
    Want to improve da way? Spider

Posted Nov 13, 2019
  4. Wither isn't good for improvement IMO since a lot of the things it does its the only kit to do. When you want to improve, you want to play kits that will make you better at things that are applicable to other kits / the game in general

I dont trust a single noob to improve on WSkele and not just fling out Wither Image and then right click every 2 seconds and think they are doing some crazy mind game

Posted Nov 14, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  5. I feel like what kit you play as really depends on your play style and so I don't think there is one kit where I would be like 'this is the ultimate kit for newbies' or 'this is the best kit for experienced players' as it really depends. So, my advice would be to experiment with many different kits and find which one suits your play style the best. These are some kits I would recommend starting off with:

Iron Golem - I think that out of the starter kits, the Iron Golem is the best for new players. Spider is probably the best overall but I feel like it takes time to master and so it probably isn't the best kit for new players. Iron Golem is the best for new players as it has a lot of HP, and its moves are generally simple to use and understand.

Squid - I think that outside of the starter kits the squid is one of the easiest kits to use. Provided you have enough gems to buy it, I would highly recommend the squid for new players. It's very easy to control and like the Iron Golem, has generally simplistic moves that are easy to get the hang of.

I hope this helped you out but again, experiment with a wide variety of different kits and find the one that suits you the best. Have a nice day!

Posted Nov 14, 2019
  6. I expected creeper to be a little bit more prominent, although everything above is pretty accurate I did want to add in my little experience with creeper. I have taken breaks here and there from SSM and when I come back, I always needed to have a bunch of warm-up days before getting good at a kit again but it seems like creeper is the one kit where if I come back to it I can be good at it right away. So I'm going to answer your question with creeper kit. Of course, you have to take into consideration play style and if you're better at archery than melee, but just in general as I said I think creeper would be best.

Posted Nov 15, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 15, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  7. As you've probably seen, there are a lot of differing opinions about which kit is the best to use. It depends on your playstyle of course (whether or not you're aggressive or passing, or good at melee or not etc.), but if you want a more objective way to view the game, I recommend viewing this thread created by SSM GI/other experienced players. It will link you to a document to view the data as well as a tier list that organizes the findings into a nifty little chart.

As for my personal opinion, I'm an extremely aggressive player, so kits that let me go fast and get a high DPS are my personal go-tos. Wolf and Spider are the only two kits in the game with a direct double jump with an ability that allows you to get launched forward (whether to recover or to agro a player even faster). Both give you the chance to slow down other players as well, so they're overall two of my favorite. Another one of my favorites is Creeper; it has the best regen in the game, an ability that recharges every couple of seconds that has the capability to launch players up to 20 blocks away from you, and a recovery that you can use both to trick players and effectively get yourself back on to the map from 10ish blocks below it. It's a lot more passive compared to Spider and Wolf, but overall it's probably my favorite of the three.

Posted Nov 15, 2019
  8. Hello!

I honestly suggest any of the starter kits including: The Skeleton, Iron Golem, Spider, Slime. All these kits are pretty simple to use in the game. They all have basic controls, and to see the controls and moves for each individual mob. Just right click on each one to see more about them. I really think these are the easiest classes to control, and are all great classes for beginners! I hope you found this helpful! Good luck in the matches!

Posted Nov 15, 2019
  9. Just because they are free doesn't make them easy to learn. Skeleton and slime are proabaly the most straight foreword of the four but they all require some skill. Skeleton requires aim, golem requires managing a huge hit box effectively. Spider has lots of tools, but is complex and takes time to get everything down. Slime I'd argue is kinda simple tho if you don't stay at full size. Kits like creeper, blaze, horse require far less skill than even slime does tho

Posted Nov 15, 2019
  10. Hey!

I prefer using my all-time favorite, the squid! This kit has good mobility and is fun to use. Also, It's a kit that depends on your skill so that means it improves at the same rate that you improve. Secondly, the smash is absolutely hilarious. If you get a direct lightning bolt, your opponent goes flying super high! If this kit isn't your type, then I suggest going pig because It helps you learn rod PVP.

Posted Nov 15, 2019
  11. Honestly? I have no clue, it just depends on your playstyle really, because kits I find really strong would be useless in some hands and op in others. Since you're trying to get the hang of it again, I guess I would say use a kit with a good recovery to keep yourself from getting knocked off. I'm a squid main, and super squid is one of the best recovery moves available, tho blaze's 'firefly' is also a good choice.

I did notice someone recommend chicken, and whilst it is hard to knock a chicken off the map, I would conversely NOT recommend that kit. I won't say there aren't good chickens out there, but there are few for a reason. You essentially cannot mess up because it's armor is so low that if you screw up once you may already be dead.

Posted Nov 21, 2019
  12. So this is hard to say but I’ll say spider or Wolf. Spider has decent armor and is fairly hard to hit but it does pretty decent melee damage. And for Wolf it has less armor but does a but more damage and also good if you like escaping. Then there’s the blaze kit which is good for armor and attack and is fairly annoying hard to get since it’s 8000 gems and it’s tempting to get other kits but if you can I’d say buy blaze or skeletal horse but if not spider and wolf.
    Blaze and skeletal horse are good because skeletal horse does a lot of good radius damage and pretty good melee damage. Even though it has a big hit box it’s a pretty good kit. Blaze kit is good because it has lots of armor then you can use use firefly move to escape while doing damage. It has a smaller hit bow than skeletal horse so that’s an advantage but it’s kinda easy to hit but if you can keep people away while doing damage it’s pretty easy kit to use once you get used to it.

Hope that helped!

Posted Nov 21, 2019