• 580 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5259 Players Online
  • 4679 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why are there some random skins which are shorter than normal skins

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Stickpillow93, Feb 24, 2021.

1. So I am a new member of the community of minecraft bedrock and mineplex. I usually only used to play java but now I am going to play bedorck. But there is a few problems that I have seen during my game-play. First there is a small skin character in every game I have played so far those skins actually get advantage as they are shorter and harder to attack. Which makes the game-play horrible. Second of all why dont you have a server in Asia I get 240 ping all the time but it is okay. I really hope you can make this small skins not possible or at least bannable. I never faced this small skin players problem in the java edition of the server. I really hope the mineplex does something for this. I really love Mineplex keep up the good work mods.Also thanks in advance

Posted Feb 24, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  2. The small skin issue is known and hopefully there will be a fix to it soon. We can't simply ban them because Microsoft supports/makes them and Microsoft also owns the game. So we can't ban something the owner of the platform made. We are looking into blocking them.

Posted Feb 24, 2021
    SmokeyCobYT, yvuggu and Stickpillow93 like this.
  3. Did Microsoft sell these skins

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 24, 2021
  4. Because I download skins on my own for minecraftskins.com is it legal

OP OP
  5. That is messed up Microsoft has to much control maybe they should sell this game to someone good

OP OP
  6. You can buy these custom skins in the Marketplace. You are allowed to upload your own skin as long as it follows the template and is mostly solid colored pixels.

Posted Feb 24, 2021
    Stickpillow93 and yvuggu like this.
  7. Omg how do you reply so fast. Anyway thank you for helping me out . also isnt it hard for u guys. but still the mineplex mod are the best

OP OP
  8. Hey there @Stickpillow93!

I’m sorry that you’re experiencing these issues on Bedrock! As Dulciloquy said above, these types of skins are known, and at the moment, allowed. Fortunately, it has been heavily discussed that these are possibly getting blocked in an upcoming/future update as suggested by Dul. Some threads that highlight the idea being marked as processed include these threads:
    Although the idea is marked as processed, it’s important to remain patient, as there isn’t a set timeframe for when these types of skins are going to be blocked.

A temporary fix to the small skin issue:
    If you go to your menu and click into settings, go into the "Profile" tab, and you will find a setting that is labeled "Only Allow Trusted Skins" which is automatically enabled. Once you disable it, all skins will appear as Steves to you. Although this is a temporary fix to the issues you're experiencing, it does solve the issue with small skins in the meantime. I would also like to mention that this feature does sometimes naturally glitch, so just toggle this feature when it does, or try relogging to fix the issue.

In addition to what Dul said about the custom skin that you upload, of course, make sure it’s appropriate as well!

Posted Feb 24, 2021
    WowCaleb likes this.
  9. I have played with my minecraft skin on mineplex java for years so I dont think it is bad also it is the skin of some ytber with 600k subs so i think it doesnt matter. Thanks let us hope those tiny skins are removed

OP OP
    Amg likes this.
  10. To summarise about the small skins - the only advantages they get is the fact you cannot see armour on them + they can hide behind one block tall structures. However they have the same hitbox so if you imagine it as a normal skin (or use the trusted skins feature) you can hit them up high and it'll hit.

Since no one seems to have answered the server ping problem, I'll go ahead. Currently there is only one server for Mineplex, on Java it used to be split into US/EU/AU, but they got closed as they were very unpopulated. There are major plans for hardware updates for Bedrock which in turn will decrease the lag you get as well as the ping, most likely. This is confirmed to be in the works so it just takes patience now.

I'm not sure if different servers will be opened for Bedrock as that costs a lot of money and didn't work so well on Java before, despite the server being initially popular. So for now, I suggest you are located pretty close to your wifi, and if you're on Windows 10 Edition, use an Ethernet cable.

Posted Feb 24, 2021
  11. Well thanks for your advice but still I get like 40 ping hive so i dont think it my conneectivity issues but still will patiently wait

OP OP
    maevestarbaby likes this.