• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3361 Players Online
  • 3361 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why do people act like using the smash is a crime against humanity?

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Glitchy, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Seriously I get regulars to SSM act like “wow smash user” “stop them from getting smash they’re a user”, like I don’t get what the big deal is

Posted Feb 28, 2021
    NoHaxJustCats_ and MC_Minium like this.
  2. The big deal is its super OP and lame because you get free kills/wins against people who played better than you

Posted Feb 28, 2021
    90k likes this.
  3. I’ll give an answer similar to everyone else’s, just be faster hun

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 28, 2021
    NoHaxJustCats_ likes this.
  4. you're the one who asked why people don't like it. I'm just telling you why.

Posted Feb 28, 2021
    90k likes this.
  5. And I’m just saying the solution to ensuring your opponent doesn’t use the smash

OP OP
    NoHaxJustCats_ likes this.
  6. Well, some kits have an advantage in getting it. For example squid, just use fish flurry on the place the crystal spawns , fly to there and shotgun anyone trying to get it.
    In that way you can get both a kill and the crystal.

Posted Feb 28, 2021
    Kenshin_William likes this.
  7. Hi there,

I'd say ignore them, it's sour grapes. Smash crystals are a part of the game and there is nothing wrong with using them. It's like saying in skywars if you didn't have a sword you'd have lost. Okay? But they did have a sword. I like using a smash crystal with the squid and skeleton horse kits. They are not in the game by mistake; they are there to be used. If somebody loses because someone else uses a smash crystal then tough luck, there was nothing to stop them using it.

-MC Minium

Posted Feb 28, 2021,
    Last edited Feb 28, 2021
    NoHaxJustCats_ and R_Or_Any_695 like this.
    Posted Feb 28, 2021
  9. lol...

Posted Feb 28, 2021
  10. -snip-

lemme guess your one of those “wow smash crystal user, git gud” people

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 28, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Mar 1, 2021
  11. smash is not fun and is objectively a bad game mechanic

Posted Feb 28, 2021
  12. but the fun part of minimum's comment was not about using smash but about how their answer just makes absolutely no sense

Posted Feb 28, 2021
    FluteVegetables and Mitchy like this.
  13. All skeleton horse players use smash, case and point

Posted Feb 28, 2021
    aaawesome likes this.
  14. Ok wow, a smash crystal and a sword in Skywars are nothing alike, nor are the two games so they shouldn't be compared. Everyone has a sword in Skywars. You will always get one, unless you are actively avoiding to do so, and it's fair because everyone will get it. Meanwhile in Super Smash Mobs you have the smash crystal which completely heals you, can give you more health even after it wears off, can get you three kills on one person, and also has a complete bias towards some kits being able to get it over others. I mean when was the last time you actually thought that a villager would have a better shot than a Squid or Skeletal Horse being able to get the smash crystal. There's a reason in Skywars you always assume a fight is going to happen, it's never "I wonder if they have a sword to fight back with."

Also thank you for tackling the biggest issue about smash crystals, there is nothing to stop them from using it. That's why players are able to stall for 5-7 minutes just to get a smash crystal and play however they want since the moment they get low they can just fully heal and take a few stocks off of you free without any kind of effort. This is why I will typically target out new players first over players who I know won't use it. Even a Skeletal Horse with 100 wins could take out a 10k wins players multiple stocks in a matter of seconds. It doesn't provide any kind of learning curve for the person, nor does it allow them to form strategies that wouldn't revolve around them using smash crystals. It's said to make the newer players have a better chance at beating higher skilled players, which it does for only that short time. Every other game where it doesn't get to a smash crystal spawning the new player will die over and over, because they will just hope the smash crystal spawns so they can rely on that to win. Stalling for smash crystal also just causes other players to not enjoy the game even more, it doesn't always happen to better players, even new players get stalled against. Having a reliance on smash crystals just hurts the game and the player base from getting better and induces players to play kits that can easily get the smash crystal, and not kits that would work with how they want to play.

Smash crystals are a broken mechanic that allows for anyone playing the right kit to get an extra stock, and take multiple stocks off of one player, while other smash crystals lets you kill everyone in the game at one moment. I cannot see a reason for smash crystals to stay in the game other than just for fun, but I'm also one of the people who argue on why I want to see them stay in the game, just not in every game. It should be a voting system so it can be turned on and off because it just becomes a nuisance when constantly fighting people who stall out for the smash crystal hours at a time. At the same time some smash crystals, such as Squid, Skeletal Horse, and Spider should be heavily nerfed and others should be buffed, like Magma Cube and Zombie. I also don't think it should be an ability that completely regens all your health, especially at once. Because of this players can instantly get a full 10 hearts and have an ability that will let them win. Let's say it's last stock vs last stock, you're about 3 hearts above the opponent the whole time and then right when they are about to die they use the smash crystal on you. Now they have 10 hearts, your whole entire game has just meant nothing because of this, instead of you being 3 hearts above them, they are now 5 or 6 hearts above you, while also having an ability meant to easily kill people.

This is just a few things I lightly feel about with the smash crystal.

Posted Feb 28, 2021
  15. In Horse’s defense, it’s pretty much all knockback, no actual bite unless you’re hyper-aggressive towards it

OP OP
  16. bone rush does 7-8 hearts by itself, more than a bite

Posted Feb 28, 2021
  17. If while playing chicken, of course it would

OP OP
  18. no lol on litteraly any kit, and it one shots everything if u melee while using it

Posted Feb 28, 2021
  19. Jump over, it can’t go up that well

OP OP
  20. u cant jump over it if the skeleton horse has one braincell, it is very easy to land consistently

Posted Feb 28, 2021