• 400 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3720 Players Online
  • 3320 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why do people act like using the smash is a crime against humanity?

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Glitchy, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Yeah, but tackles are only useful if you can follow them up

Posted Mar 1, 2021
  2. which isn’t that hard as wolf is a small hitbox, high damage gap closer

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 1, 2021
  3. yall really arguing if its skelly horse or wolf thats OP when both have busted kits and need nerfs/reworks

Posted Mar 1, 2021
  4. Oh trust me, I think both need it BAD, same with Guardian, Creeper and Zombie

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 1, 2021
  5. An SSM update has been long overdue for years now

Posted Mar 1, 2021
  6. Creeper lmao. Creeper sucks

Posted Mar 1, 2021
    Kenshin_William likes this.
  7. sulphur bomb mega spike would like a word with you, honestly all that needs to change is lightning shield getting a cooldown, and sulphur bomb’s ridiculous knockback

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 1, 2021
  8. But with zombie, you need actual game sense. The amount of zombies that perform poorly are astoundingly high (myself included)

Posted Mar 1, 2021
  9. Just curious, what is your opinion on spider?

Posted Mar 1, 2021
  10. eh it's just cheap. The ssm community has wanted them gone for years because as others said it's basically free kills/wins and requires little skill to use em.

But at the same time, when someone is excessively targeting me and I get the crystal, I'll use it 100%. You're perfectly allowed to use it although it can be seen as being completely unfair to the more experienced/competitive players

Posted Mar 1, 2021
    happily, xOeuf and JFEnder like this.
  11. I only use it when I gotta go pee so that I can pee fasdter
    or when my mommy says i can't play anymore and i need to give the computer to my brother so he can play

Posted Mar 1, 2021
    anna., aaawesome, Klobby and 6 others like this.
  12. If you're not voted for the Best Trolls in Oscars, I seriously don't know what Mineplex is thinking.

Posted Mar 1, 2021
    xOeuf likes this.
  13. I think it's more of the unfair power between each crystal. Comparing Zombie's to Horse's smash, which is better? Zombie of course! I would be fine if they all had less power, because you would be able to stand a chance against them. Similar to the actual Smash Bros. games.

Posted Mar 1, 2021
  14. honestly for spider I just wanna see needler not be such a cheese move and wall climb’s anti-kb be removed

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 2, 2021
  15. Yeah

Posted Mar 2, 2021
  16. In order to improve with and against a kit, you should use Witch against those kits. This way, you learn how to stand a chance against them, and you can improve on that to make the match plausible. Avoiding your main (Witch) when facing certain kits will hinder your performance against them overall. Even if you get absolutely destroyed, you still gain some progress on trying against the kits.

Posted Mar 2, 2021
  17. yeah no, not until the rebalance they mentioned

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 2, 2021
  18. I mean smash is annoying, but if you don't want people to use it on you, get it first. Kinda the point of the existence of the things. Plus kits unbalance a game far more than a 10-second burst of ability.

Posted Mar 8, 2021
  19. smash crystal is just the type of a thing people trash talk on, then use it when they want to win the game, and then trash talk the people who used it against them

I'm not afraid to admit that I myself use smash crystals in scenarios where either I know I will win no matter what or the opponent is playing with a high mobility kit and are constantly running away from me. I think it's right to use smash crystal if you know you will win the game whenever you use it or not, since it will only make the game end faster for you. The only time where using smash crystal is wrong in my opinion is when you solely rely on it to win the game. If a wither skeleton and creeper are 1v1ing and both are on 1 stock and the creeper is about to die but then they get the smash crystal and proceed to use it on the wither skeleton, effectively eliminating them in the process, then I'm sure that's something a lot of people would be mad about if it were to happen to them. I guess it really depends on what kit you're playing since some smash crystals are weak (arrow storm that can be easily outrun) compared to the absolutely busted ones (atomic explosion, almost unavoidable death if you're right next to the creeper who used it)

but yea, it's a bad sport thing in a ton of people's eyes since it makes you seem weak and not actually capable of winning your games without relying on no-effort free kill abilities

Posted Mar 8, 2021,
    Last edited Mar 8, 2021
  20. Few quick thoughts:

SSM Tournaments and 1V1 Comp. matches ban the use of 1v1. Why? Because they aren't well balanced! Certain kits smash crystal abilities are far greater than others, and specific kits have a much easier method of getting the smash crystals when they spawn.

The only fair use I agree to when using a smash crystal is when you use a smash crystal just for regen. Not to attack others, not to swipe easy kills, and certainly not to propel yourself towards an easy win.

Most commonly I see smash crystals used by the weaker player to kill the stronger player. Also I see them often used in a manner to troll/frustrate the opponent.

I think the majority of the SSM community would love to see crystals removed. Another solution I have thought of that might help would be to change the smash crystals to a health boost/restoration. But still, even then players with certain kits such as squid or skeleton horse have a significant advantage over other kits with obtaining the crystals. And those kits I just mentioned have seriously OP smash crystal abilities that can instant kill players in seconds. This is why any type of power up should be optional and or removed from SSM all together.

In conclusion: smash crystals are cheap in gameplay. I can speak for the majority of the community when I say players want them gone! Not all the kits themselves are properly balanced as is, and neither are the smash crystals. This is something mineplex needs to turn their attention towards.

Posted Mar 8, 2021