• 615 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4644 Players Online
  • 4029 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

why does java get to have all the fun?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Chaos, Sep 18, 2020.

1. two different dev teams, it's not like java is getting attention at the expense of bedrock. Also @Sake you are confusing "dying" with "dead". Java MP most certainly is dying, as is supported by the continual decrease in concurrent playercount. That isn't to say Mineplex's java platform is necessarily doomed, but right now it's on track to die eventually.

Posted Sep 20, 2020
  2. Actually bedrock edition has more players online than java.

Posted Sep 20, 2020
    xGetSpooked and Paladise like this.
  3. Games can take a while to develop, and they just got a new dev for bedrock. If they are developing new bedrock games, then it might take a while to come out, especially with bedrock being harder to develop. UHC on Java took them a really long time to complete too, it’s not like they decided they wanted UHC and then 3 days later it was done.
    Hopefully we’ll see something new to bedrock, but it could be a while before we see anything.

Posted Sep 20, 2020
  4. Simple, because Java is the more used/popular platform(please dont use the "but bedrock has more playerssss, it varies over time". Im sure most of us have Minecraft on PC or have a computer in general and prefer playing on a computer, its just the more widely used platform and kinda cause a lot of us grew up with Minecraft on PC. Most of Discord, Forums, and all that are on the computer, a lot of games dont translate well from Java to Bedrock. Since the controls are different and the style of the servers are also different, Bedrock has some stuff we(java) dont, and vice versa. You dont see us Java people complaining about Bedrock's stuff D:. If you want some Java games, just come to Java Minecraft and the opposite is true as well.

Also, you have to look at it from a business/money perspective, how much funding, time and effort it takes. Both servers are called "Mineplex" but platforms are very very important in determining the infrastructure and how things work. Stuff on Bedrock might not transfer over well and vice versa. Also not sure if this last one is true but I think Bedrock is a younger playerbase than Java, we have the more OG's, dedicated, older players on Java and Mineplex is going to cater to that target/wider audience.

Posted Sep 20, 2020
    Anna-Marie and Sake like this.
  5. hii!

so after looking at most of the responses to this thread, i agree java does receive more attention than bedrock considering the fact most people on the staff team are java staff members, and the fact that java has more game modes and people can check their own stats, but that doesn't mean bedrock isn't successful. i don't have anything against java, but i'd like to agree with the fact there is more attention towards it. i've never played mineplex java nor do i even have a java account, so i can't really say much about the java server. besides this, bedrock is slowly progressing and becoming better thanks to our new developer, gyroninja, who's been working very hard these last few months. :)

Posted Sep 24, 2020
    xGetSpooked likes this.
  6. As you can see there is only one developer for the bedrock server. It’s also hard to program with C++ rather than Java. Coding with Java is simply easy to the point where there is a lot of games that are well functional but still with a lot of bugs. I have experienced a lot of glitches and bugs on the bedrock edition and I understand they all can’t be fixed because there is only one developer. You also have people that know how to play mini-games on the Java edition. On bedrock everyone is basically a kid and doesn’t know how to play the mini-games as well as Java players. If your looking for a game with less bugs and glitches, I would recommend getting a Minecraft account and playing on the Java edition. I’m sure a lot of you guys would say the same thing.

Posted Sep 24, 2020
  7. From a technical perspective...

Quite simply, Bedrock is infuriating to develop. To be frank, the bedrock platform in general is a buggy system that’s inconsistent and prone to break. Also, Bedrock servers are still an incredibly new concept and it’s fair to say that Mineplex is literally paving the way in Bedrock server development.

Java is much more reliable, predictable, and controllable server-side. Therefore it’s arguably more simple to write and fix Java games. I would say that Java is still the preferred platform for multiplayer gaming simply because of better support and better server side support.

I think they’re moving at a reasonable pace considering they are literally one of the first large servers to support Bedrock minigames.

Posted Sep 28, 2020