• 4214 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13253 Players Online
  • 9039 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why does sheep get high kb and high damage?

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Glitchy, Feb 25, 2020.

1. I was hit by just one static laser, and I got yeet'd right off the map when at full HP, can someone explain how this is considered fair at all especially for a hitscan ability?

Posted Feb 25, 2020
  2. Your HP does not play any factor when it comes to knockback. You were probably in the air when you got hit, as being in air does increase the knockback you take a lot actually. For the lazer itself... Yeah, it can be pretty accurate, given if you know how to properly aim with it. Because of that, it can be pretty difficult to hit agile and fast moving kits, like a creeper for example (especially if they're double jumping) so it will take a while for players to master it. While all of the sheep abilities can be deemed as powerful, the kit also comes with low armor/health regeneration to balance it out.

This is basically how games like SSM will always work. Some kits can't be countered with others while others can, and then there's the player skill when it comes to using the kit that also plays a major factor too.

If you still feel like there's something wrong with the kit, you can make a thread in the game alterations section (https://www.mineplex.com/forums/game-alterations.40/) suggesting what could be improved with the kit to balance/nerf it.

Posted Feb 25, 2020
  3. Health actually does affect how much kb you take, the lower your health the more kb you will receive.

As for the post itself, laser deals 300% kb so no surprise you took so much, I'm going to assume you were in the air (doubles kb) and maybe used a light kit.
    As for it being OP... It is very strong, don't get me wrong, 300% kb + hitscan is extremely good, but it deals low damage and most importantly is sheep's main kill move.
    Sheep doesn't have a reliable way to deal damage (wool mine as good as it is isn't a reliable damaging ability) so it has to rely on kb for a lot of situations- which is another major weakness, as it's much more difficult to accomplish on bigger maps and against heavy kits + is countered by the many forms of kb cancelling.
    Basically it needs laser to be this good to not be even more terrible than it currently is, especially now that it has a broken recovery, and not the good kind of broken.

Posted Feb 25, 2020
  4. Ah, my bad then. I always just assumed only being in the air affected your knockback since it never did say otherwise anywhere. Thanks for correcting me though!

Posted Feb 25, 2020
    Eroil likes this.
  5. Np, there are actually 4 aspects that affect how much kb you take in SSM those being wether you're in the air or not (as you've correctly said), how much health you have, what's your kb taken stat and how much kb% that specific attack deals.

Posted Feb 25, 2020
    Klobby likes this.
  6. Damn. First it’s squid, and now it’s sheep? What kit needs to be nerfed next because it counters your main? iROn gOlEM??

Posted Feb 25, 2020
  7. A lot of people say the same thing about your main, skeletal horse, which has worse knockback with the bone kick.

Another question: have you actually played sheep before? Maybe then you will understand the inportance of the kb of static lazer and why sheep is a long range kit.

Posted Feb 26, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 26, 2020
  8. I mean the knockback on Static Lazer is pretty annoying ngl, but the kit overall isn't OP because of that alone currently

I feel like the kit would be in a lot better place if its range and kb were nerfed a fair bit, but it got nice damage increases, so Sheep players wanted to whittle others down, instead of relying on cheese to knock players off when they DJ over a small ledge

Posted Feb 26, 2020