• 458 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8258 Players Online
  • 7800 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why don’t mods respond to staffrequests?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Mudkip2021, Sep 21, 2021.

1. I know mods can’t be online 24/7 but I came across three hackers in the same cakewars server (although it was one at a time), -snip-. I reported them using staffrequest a couple of times but mods never really did much.

I thought they would at least generally do something quickly, or they could at least stalk hackers like those three to easily catch them hacking

Posted Sep 21, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Sep 23, 2021
    JFEnder likes this.
  2. Hey, so personally what I do if I do not hear back from a staff request or /report it most likely means staff or busy or can not get to it at the time of you sending it. I would recommend downloading any available recording software and gathering as much clips or evidence of the incident and reporting it here: https://mineplex.com/report and I usually hear back within 1-2 hours. Staff are not perfect, and sometimes staff just won't be able to respond at all. It really depends. But, this is just my suggestion and what I do and what works for me. I hope this helps. :)

Posted Sep 21, 2021,
    Last edited Sep 21, 2021
    BlondieBrook likes this.
  3. How do you record easily?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 21, 2021
  4. I mean, I have an NVIDIA GPU so I use NVIDIA Shadow Play through the NVIDIA Gefore Experience. But, one I would highly recommend is Medal. It is very complex and easy to use to clip almost anything instantly.

Posted Sep 21, 2021
  5. Or win+alt+r starts screenrecording

Posted Sep 22, 2021
    Joshhh likes this.
  6. That also works ^

Posted Sep 22, 2021
  7. I also use windows+alt+g to record the last 30 seconds.
    Anyways…
    This type of thing happens to me a ton, so if you are really passionate about getting the hackers banned, you can record it, and go to Mineplex.com/report

Posted Sep 22, 2021
    Joshhh likes this.
  8. ^ I mean it only takes like less than 2 minutes to report someone so might as well. And it will most likely be responded to within 1-2 hours so I highly recommend doing so. It’s better than leaving it alone and having a hacker taunt people and try to ruin their experience and view of the server. It also helps staff out a ton.

Posted Sep 22, 2021
  9. I guess there's a few reasons as to why StaffRequest isn't responded to that much. As many people above me said already, forum reporting is probably the best thing to do whenever you come across a rule-breaker. StaffRequest isn't too reliable.

For starters, depending on where you are from, certain regions have a lot less staff available. EU and AU are mainly suffering as the vast majority of staff currently are US. I'm EU myself, and before I was staff there was very little chance staff would respond to any StaffRequest concern of mine if I was playing in the mornings.

As from the staff that are available, a lot of Sr. Moderators+ don't play regularly so you're mainly going to come across Trainees and Moderators. There have been quite a few resignations recently so these numbers have dropped a ton, and there isn't any new Trainees coming in super often either. Also, Moderators that are on a few subteams might not be as active in-game or simply ready to answer StaffRequest than one on none or very little because the staff on subteams might be in-game but could be preoccupied with other work. For example, I spend a lot of time in Staff-1 answering forum reports as I'm on Reports Patrol or doing recruitment stuff because of RA.

Another reason which I believe you might know but just in case you don't - answering StaffRequest is not mandatory for us, and never will be. It's just a temporary thing and will be removed when we have better in-game reporting systems. Nothing special is ever going to be coded in StaffRequest, and staff don't have to use it if they do not want to.

Anyways, despite it not being mandatory, it would obviously be nice if more staff were active around there - even with the lack of staff, if any staff were online it would be great if they would participate in there more often. However, a lot of staff don't really like StaffRequest and try to avoid it. A lot of the reasons for avoiding that I've personally heard of were all related to the toxicity and trolling surrounding it. There are certain individuals some staff are simply not comfortable around and we can't force them to. I'm sure you've seen at least a few cases of random community members spamming the community trying to bait a staff member to answer (when they aren't really wanting to) ultimately forcing them to respond to warn them at least for the spam and then the community members bash on the staff for not helping otherwise. Depending your outlook on the entire situation it's obviously not a pleasant experience where players are intentionally trying to troll/target you or make you out to be a bad staff member. There are also other common scenarios I've seen were players were just rude or annoying to others which definitely doesn't motivate a lot of staff to actively participate in the community.

All this being said, there are cases were players report someone in StaffRequest and it does actually get dealt with, the staff member simply doesn't speak. Therefore you might think that some requests have been ignored when that's not the case. I used to always say whenever I dealt with something but I've become the silent type now, as I may handle a few requests but then I could get busy so I don't want to give others false hope that I might come to help them next.

Posted Sep 22, 2021
    _ItsMusic_, Joshhh and Okjed like this.
  10. i thought mineplex is worldwide, not region locked like Mario Sports Mix was

How would i get the screenrecording from the computer?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 22, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  11. One thing with this, that I might honestly make a recommendation for is to lower the re-applying time limit. I myself applied for staff and was denied 4-5 days ago. I am just waiting the two weeks so I can re-apply for staff. This could also be a reason why many people don't apply for staff, because when they apply. If they get denied, lots of people aren't willing to have the patience of waiting for two weeks to re-apply. Lots of people want to be staff on this server, including me. Just not a lot of people have the patience or audacity to pursue it.

Posted Sep 22, 2021
    maevestarbaby likes this.
  12. After using windows+alt+r(or g), you can do windows+g to open Xbox game bar. In Xbox game bar, will be all your recordings. You can press open in file, and you will see all your game bar recordings.

Posted Sep 22, 2021
  13. 7mm well I dont actually know that...

Posted Sep 22, 2021
  14. Mineplex isn't region locked, it's just that 90% of its players are from the US.

Posted Sep 22, 2021
  15. Also, its really more time zones than anything else, I would think.

Posted Sep 22, 2021
  16. It is worldwide, but the vast majority of the staff team are in or around the US. There's not as much EU and AU

Two weeks isn't a long time, and in the past certain wait times were longer. I think it's fine, you could argue that you can't really improve like Recruitment wants you to in two weeks anyways, meaning that it would be better if the time was longer. But regardless, your best bet is just contacting the Recruiter that denied your application with a link to your application and asking for more detail regarding your denial. They will be able to point you in the right direction and you will hopefully be able to be more successful with your next app! It's all about improvement, and the two weeks wait time minimum is good enough imo to polish up your application and reevaluate what it takes to be a staff member. You need a lot of patience to be staff :)!

Requirements won't be lowered as they have been lowered over the past few years and they're really not that high. Just make sure you make sense and have solid reasons you can elaborate on nicely for joining the team & everything else, are approachable and willing to grow as an individual.

Posted Sep 23, 2021
    _ItsMusic_ and Joshhh like this.
  17. I appreciate that advice! Definitely something that I will see about. And I am 100% looking to improve as well. My goal is just honestly to be able to help people out and keep the community clean, staff or not. That’s just what I think is the right thing to do. I agree it’s not a long time but for some other people it might be (at least for impatient people). I however really don’t mind it. And looking back at it and realizing the requirements already are pretty low, I have to agree with you here. I personally believe I have sense and reasonable well stated and supported answers. But, overall I appreciate that advice and definitely do hope that one day I could be staff on Mineplex but even if denied that’s not going to stop me from trying to help out others.

Posted Sep 23, 2021
    BlondieBrook and _ItsMusic_ like this.
  18. I love your attitude! It really is crucial that regardless of whether or not you have the rank, that you still want to help others! Having that attitude and that want to help others will get you respect from around the community, just having the rank alone won’t. I wish you the best of luck on your next application, and if it doesn’t work out, never give up! :)

Posted Sep 23, 2021
    Joshhh likes this.
  19. this is such an amazing attitude to have!! Wish you the best of luck on staff :))

Posted Sep 23, 2021
    Joshhh likes this.
  20. Thank you so much! I do not ever plan on giving up, I want the position of Trainee so I can continue to further assist people with greater problems! Thank you so much for the kind words and the motivation!

Posted Sep 23, 2021
    _ItsMusic_ and Okjed like this.