• 378 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6018 Players Online
  • 5640 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why is almost nothing being done about these "Love Hotels"?

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by BlizzLee, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Love Hotels contain pole dancing, "private rooms" and other disturbing things.

There are children as young as 6 playing on Mineplex. Especially on your Bedrock server. Why are the moderators slacking on such a disturbing thing which is thriving in Creative Housing? Imagine if Microsoft or Mojang finds out that one of the most popular content in Creative Housing is borderline adult content.

Mojang/Microsoft are actively banning players from Minecraft multiplayer entirely for adult content on Bedrock Edition. Imagine if they realize a whole featured server is seemingly rather laid back about this matter.

I strongly suggest a in-game reporting system ASAP for inappropriate houses so staff can swiftly take action against the person making these Love Hotels.
    With that said; it shouldn't be difficult for moderators to spot Love Hotels. This type of housing server easily reaches top 5 on the housing list.

I don't want Mineplex to get in serious trouble with Mojang & Microsoft. But I feel it will be inevitable if no further steps are taken to prevent such things. You have no idea who is lurking in "Love Hotels". They could be children... or something sinister like adults pretending to be children.

I also don't want this post to come across as straight up insulting Mineplex & the staff. I am criticizing the server on this matter because I am concerned. I want to see changes being implemented to protect children from potential online predators lurking around in these "Love Hotels".

Posted Jun 11, 2021,
    Last edited Jun 11, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  2. Thread Moved -> Bedrock/MCO Discussion

Hey there!
    I understand what you are saying here. The topic of ‘Love Hotels’ has been brought up and discussed with the admins and LT, and an agreement was made. Moderators+ are allowed to (and supposed to) give a player a severity 1 Inappropriate Content warning if caught building a love hotel. If that same user is caught again for the same reason within a month, they will be temporarily banned. While I agree with your idea of a reporting system, such a system already exists on the forums and in our Discord server. An in-game reporting system is being discussed. I hope this helped!
    -Bob

Posted Jun 11, 2021
    BlizzLee likes this.
  3. Thanks for the response. I am happy that changes are indeed being made and planned.

Moderators+ being able to close housing servers is great but honestly from what I've seen it's not been very effective. Love Hotels are still quite dominant in Creative Housing. They are able to stay up for multiple hours still before they are taken down.

I'd like to see Mineplex consider a small testing phase which allows all moderators (with the exception of trainees) to shut down houses deemed inappropriate for the server.

Or perhaps dedicating a small team of moderators to focus on inappropriate houses. They should be able to do other things on the server ofc, but their main job will be to find inappropriate builds.

Maybe to bring more awareness that you can report inappropriate housing on Discord, make the server say something along the lines of "See a inappropriate house? Report it on Discord [Insert Discord Link]". This message should pop up regularly when you switch player houses. Not all of the time though as I can see people getting annoyed about it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 11, 2021,
    Last edited Jun 11, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  4. I know this thread is probably done by now, as it had a swift response from staff, but I do have one thing to say about the discord idea. I think that making it easier to report houses is a good idea. However, many of the younger players will not have Discord, as the chances that a 7 year old's parents will allow their child to have Discord is exceedingly small. That's all from me!

Posted Jun 11, 2021
    BlizzLee likes this.
  5. This might seem dumb but just remove creative housing if it is such a big deal, i mean its just creative but moderated and bugs. Only plus is other players coming to your builds, but there are other ways to get people to see your builds.

Posted Jun 11, 2021
  6. There are still many ways Mineplex can resolve this issue. Removing a game mode entirely should always be the very last resort.

Things like dedicating a small or medium size team of moderators on removing inappropriate builds and a in-game reporting system would likely be a great solution to this.

I am now aware that a in-game reporting system is being discussed, but my suggestion of dedicating a team of moderators might be easier said than done though.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 11, 2021,
    Last edited Jun 11, 2021
  7. i see theses in roblox but in roblox u can do alot more and more detailed stuff lol but i find it very disguising doing stuff like that on a game with a young player base
    the ones one mineplex has private rooms/a church to get married in/ poles with chairs and other stuff that people can use to rp in a not ok way

Posted Jun 11, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  8. Oh gosh... I don't play Bedrock as often I had no idea that they were that bad.

Posted Jun 11, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  9. whats worst is the chat lol some pretty bad stuff is being said

Posted Jun 11, 2021
  10. Not much of a game mode - is a worse version of vanilla creative lol
    Mods that are on the server should be banning hackers right? Taking time to do this would just increase hackers more than they already are on mineplex.

Posted Jun 11, 2021
  11. Hey,

I don't play bedrock at all... however one thing I will say is that I am a firm believer in the idea that only the bare minimum should be the responsibility of the server regarding "explicit content" while the rest should be up to the given user... But I guess that's more of a political debate than anything in this day and age.

That stated, these still seem like very valid issues and, were this present on Java, I can easily see players getting banned for game play offenses by moderators for doing so. As a Java player, I have no idea what the current state of affairs are on the Bedrock server regarding the amount of time it takes to get a moderator somewhere, nor do I have any idea what the methods are for reporting players for various offenses.

That stated, there are a handful of ways to handle this type of issue regardless of the platform in which users are on, some with very different methods. Here are three:

1. Moderator Checks
    Moderators would jump between lobbies and assess the various builds
    Not recommended, but I thought I would throw this out here so it can be burned by fire so that no body else tries recommending it. Moderators already have enough on their plate, and asking them to jump between hundreds or thousands of builds seems unreasonable.

2. A more involved in-game reporting method
    Basically, there would be a report button with its own GUI. You would report a given build, filling out the information necessary (users, content type, etc.)
    From there, a snapshot of the build(s) would be taken and could be loaded on a staff server (either connected/accessible from the bedrock lobby or separate like the Java testing servers)
    Moderators could then load in the builds and view the necessary details. From there the player(s) would be dealt with.
    Additionally, block placements would be logged and tracked. Information regarding who placed it would be present. This allows for smaller things (like signs) to be assessed properly (and players not involved with its placement would not get into trouble).
    This concept would require a large amount of resources to be implemented due to a great deal of developer time being required to make this happen.

3. A simple confirmation message
    When trying to join, a GUI/Message would pop up:
    "Warning: Explicit content may be present within this game. We are not responsible for any issues relating to said content."
    "Click 'Agree' to agree to these terms and join. Click 'Cancel' to leave the queue."
    This would (hopefully) not make Mineplex at fault for any "inappropriate content." Additionally, any young ones that end up in there are at their own risk.
    This message would appear every time you wanted to join the game, to ensure that every single player is aware of the "risks" of joining.
    This would require very little developer time to implement. It's basically the Network's "easy way out" of the problem.

Again, I'm a java player, so take everything I said as a grain of salt.

-Dan

Posted Jun 11, 2021
    20LeeBrian1 and StyxKiller03 like this.
  12. If I'm being honest, I find issue with this. There are so many problems with that idea, while I understand the intent, the fact that most players are minors is an issue from what I understand. I'm also a Java player, but you can't leave this to the actions of the players. Because Mineplex is an online environment, there are no real life consequences for someones actions are the server. This makes it so that anyone will do anything, and their restraint just becomes their self respect and the respect of others. All in all, I don't think that a confirmation message will do the trick. It would likely end up being like the message that pops up when you join a server on Bedrock saying that you may be exposed to stuff no one actually considers the message they just click next

Posted Jun 11, 2021