• 223 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6286 Players Online
  • 6063 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why is Cake Wars Dead?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Kugzer, Oct 21, 2021.

1. like wasnt there just an update???????????? is it that bad??????????????????????? i havent even tried it???????

Posted Oct 21, 2021
  2. Idk either

Posted Oct 21, 2021
  3. like I get that hh is out but nobody is playing anything else???

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 21, 2021
  4. I mean the Bedrock version is pretty popular at the moment.

Posted Oct 21, 2021
  5. Halloween Havoc has most of the playerbase at the moment. Most other games don't have much activity.

Posted Oct 21, 2021
  6. I believe all the more active players are grinding Halloween Havoc for the mass amounts of experience. The Cake Wars update itself looks super neat and I bet lobbies will fill this weekend but for now; stick to the HH grind & Nano Wars.

Posted Oct 22, 2021
  7. y3wh everyone's playing Halloween havoc

Posted Oct 22, 2021
    Awarepine76436 likes this.
  8. For bedrock, cakewars is doing just fine, but for java like others have said Halloween Havoc has been taking the most playercount.

Posted Oct 22, 2021
  9. isnt halloween havoc basically the same as last year? Only difference is the rewards and some balances. Cake wars has a huge, brand new update that I really thought was gonna be the center of attention for Hallowen. Guess everyone just cares about xp ;-;

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 22, 2021
  10. There's a bunch of changes to HH, it is the same map as last year but some bosses have new moves, there's new puzzles/mazes and, on top of that, the balances. It's a pretty big update, and so was Cake Wars.

I think the most obvious reason for why it's dead at the moment is because everyone is grinding Havoc, it's taking the attention away from everything. As you can earn a ton of XP and other rewards from the game it's keeping a lot of players.

The Cake Wars update came at the same time as Havoc, which some may argue it to be bad timing, and I half agree. The CW update was finished before the HH one but it had to be reviewed first. AlexTheCoder pretty much grouped everything together (including a third bug fix update) and pushed it out at the same time. I personally think it really should have been reviewed before HH and released to get it out. Some players are saying CW should have just been delayed more, but I personally don't agree with that as many players already knew the update was done especially those that are active in the MPD so imo it wouldn't be fair to hold the update for a whole other month or so while everyone knows it just needs to be pushed.

The Havoc buzz will die down soon enough, and CW will grab a bit more players. I did see a bunch of lobbies going on a few days back, so it's not completely dead, but definitely doesn't have as many players as it should. Also, with the queue system going crazy the past few weeks it also severely affected the state of some games.

Posted Oct 22, 2021
  11. Hopefully you'll be right about the numbers going up after Halloween, but I just wouldn't get why people wouldn't like it if Cake Wars was delayed in order to push the numbers in HH. The community is small, and to me the people who stay up to date with the updates should understand if it were to be delayed for HH. Overall I'm just hoping the numbers go up after Halloween, new players who came because of HH will probably try it out as well

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 22, 2021
  12. Yeah, that's one big reason, other than that there was a queue glitch recently where queues just stopped working and people would have very... Interesting numbers as their queue number along with it just not working even though there are enough players on queue. Now I'm not sure if this is still happening but it may be one large reason as to why, though if this is no longer happening it may be Halloween Havoc indeed.

Posted Oct 22, 2021
  13. Love it or hate it, I'm afraid this CW update is a flop. You can't say people didn't ask for it, the solo game mode had been requested for a while, but when it finally came out, it was far too late.

And releasing it alongside HH was just foolish. It was bound to be overshadowed, and it was. I've heard people say that once HH dies down, Solo should be able to get more than, huff, *zero* (I know, it's disappointing) players, but I don't see why that would be the case. Last Saturday, I saw some pretty impressive feats related to player counts. There was at least one game going in everything except Bridges and UHC, and at one point they almost managed to get a Bridges game going. Speed Builders peaked at around 75 and Nano peaked at around 50. Good stuff! The success of Halloween Havoc was rubbing off on the other games, letting them reach heights they hadn't seen in a good while-except for Cake Wars. In fact, there were noticeably fewer people playing it then than there were before the update dropped, when there were way fewer players on the network overall. It's not the server, it's the game and what's been done to it. That's referring to standard mode. As for Solo, it appears the demand for that isn't there anymore either. The most players I've seen is an unimpressive 10-20. I think the smartest decision at this point would be to go back to the Cake Wars we had before a week and a half ago. If it isn't broken, you don't "fix" it. However, there are a couple more general things that I feel are bringing CW down I could further elaborate on it you'd like.

I hate coming across a know-it-all, but in this case, the numbers don't lie. I'm simply saying that what happened with Mineplex's flagship game wasn't what they were hoping for, and I don't think it's gonna improve at this rate on its own. Sometimes it's best to leave well enough alone, you know?

Posted Oct 23, 2021
    BubbleBear1 and CatFan105 like this.
  14. Id also say thwt releasing 2 big things at the same 5im3 kinda raises everyone's expectations. As great as Timmi's doing, the more you do, the more people expect 9f you.

Posted Oct 23, 2021
    BlazeFire likes this.
  15. Nope. Nothing else. Wait until HH is removed and watch the player count hit the ground like a meteorite.

Posted Oct 23, 2021
    BlazeFire likes this.
  16. As many others have mentioned above, it appears that the primary reason behind the current decline of players in Cakewars has been due to the recent release of Halloween Havoc which has a very large playerbase as of right now. It is a safe bet that once the spooky-themed season passes us and HH is removed along with it, there will be a larger number of players more regularly playing on CW again. This typically does happen to other games when a seasonal game is released because it's the only time to play it and especially when a high amount of XP is involved too, so I wouldn't be too concerned about this being a long-term situation.

Posted Oct 25, 2021
    Asteiph and Kugzer like this.