• 645 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3523 Players Online
  • 2878 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why is game-stalling allowed on BH?

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by mab8400, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Simple question, why is game stalling allowed on this game? On most other games you are not allowed to stall games; I don't see why this one should be an exception unless there is an underlying reason? A good majority of games I play there are hunters that are perfectly capable (meaning that they are not afk and know a hiders location but do not fight on purpose) of getting the last kill or kills but let the time run out so the hiders win. I see a lot of problems with it since it ruins the opportunity for the hunting team to win. When this happens, it is usually around 1-3 minutes of stalling, or even the entire game. If anyone could elaborate, it would be much appreciated!

Posted Dec 22, 2019
    DontTreadOnMe likes this.
  2. Because it's too hard to tell when someone is game-stalling and when someone genuinely can't find the hider. If this were punishable on BlockHunt, every hunter would be getting banned. It's something that would take too close of monitoring while there are much more pressing issues.

Posted Dec 22, 2019
    Sven, Fln™ and FluteVegetables like this.
  3. DT is the exact same way BH is. It isn't punishable because staff physically have no proof to tell if the hunter is sparing them or just not noticing them. The weird thing is, ESP is also just as unbannable and you make a post about this, over ESP? I feel like ESP is a much bigger problem we need to fix before we start going into problems with the game itself.

Posted Dec 22, 2019
  4. As stated above, Block Hunt is the type of game in which this type of thing is too ambiguous. On the contrary, this can be punishable in a game like Survival Games because people can more easily tell when people are just game stalling and not killing each other. In a game like Block Hunt, the role of the Hunters is to find the Hiders. If somebody is extremely good at hiding or evading Hunters, then the game time runs out and the Hiders win. Something I have seen, though, is Hunters purposely 'hanging out' with Hiders in the game. When doing this, the Hunter usually allows the Hider to shoot them multiple times with their bow so that they can receive the highest upgraded axe. When something blatant like this is happening, I believe that it is punishable due to cross-teaming.

Ultimately, it can be frustrating when people are purposely stalling the game. But, with a game like Block Hunt, it can just be too difficult to decipher who is stalling and who genuinely cannot locate the last Hider(s).

Posted Dec 22, 2019
  5. If you mean game stalling like protecting the final hider from getting killed. I do agree that hunter should be banned. You can still kill them using tnt and shooting them in every direction till they eventually get hit and die.

Posted Dec 22, 2019
    FluteVegetables and mab8400 like this.
  6. I don't really mind the game lasting 1 to 3 minutes longer than it should because it gives us more time to socialize and talk about very important and hot topics like global warming and socks :D

Posted Dec 22, 2019
  7. I dont really think you can talk about game stalling in a game with a set time limit which is 6 minutes

Posted Dec 23, 2019
    FluteVegetables and CZArkolan like this.
  8. Wouldn't be actual game stalling unless every single hunter decides to sit around, but even then hunters can choose to do so. It's a game after all, there can't possibly be a rule where players are forced to eliminate the other team without any oppositions

Posted Dec 23, 2019
    PuRe_JiRa and CZArkolan like this.
  9. I've made countless posts about esp, staff ignore because they cannot do anything about it. Don't act like I don't care about that. You seem to be acting as if this is my priority over esp, when I have created ironic youtube showcases showing rpv and awaitable; you seem to have a bias in not commenting on those, but only here. My youtube channel is basically a breeding house for ESP reports. People say that I should apply for Trainee because I try to get so many rule breakers banned, especially those of tracer abuse. Likewise, i have other posts called "Take ESPing seriously" or comment in other posts showing my frustrations. Based on in-game chats, you know for a fact that I am against ESP and prioritize it.
    --- Post updated ---
    That makes sense, but why is it not allowed on many other game modes? There also have been games where every hunter refuses to do anything, they are less common though.
    --- Post updated ---
    I would argue with very strong confidence that it is not ambiguous in most cases, when you see people stalling the game on purpose next to a chicken in a spot that can only be accessed with parkour, don't you think it would be odd that they are not seeing them? In addition, when they leave the game, it is evident they are grouped in party when all igns leave at once. It is too easy too see and a person would not really be able to argue against the fact that they are obviously friends in a group. I can see an "afk hunter" case where they are afk and don't know there is a hider. THAT is an outlying case which is ok. Shifting next to a hider in a tree doesn't scream "I don't know where the hider is".
    --- Post updated ---
    Again, it is very easy to tell. If you spectate a game with a partied team, it is clearly evident that they are stalling the game. It is probably one of the easiest things to see in a BH game.
    --- Post updated ---
    I would have to argue that time is the most important variable in BH, because the point of the game is to hide until the time runs out. It takes time to search an entire map along side a few players that are not actively searching or are teamed with the hiders. It is kinda like a 1v15 players when in reality the game was supposed to be a 5-1 ratio. Again, if a hunter was to just shift next to the hiders the whole game, I don't really believe that is fair to the hunters that are working hard to search around for 6 minutes straight trying to play the game. I mean, Micro Battle have short games; probably shorter than BH, but I believe game stalling is not allowed there. So I would say that you can talk about game stalling in a 6 minute game.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 23, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 23, 2019
  10. I agree very much with this statement. It is very important to talk about topics like when is it appropriate to wear socks. I also enjoy being PG in the chat with my best friend PinkScaresMeALot, because he is a very nice and PG guy. I think that the game is not in need of shortening, as it is already at 6 minutes only. We need more time even than that to talk about funny jokes! I enjoy making funny jokes, because it makes me feel very very funny. I love playing Block Hunt for 8 hours at a time every day when I get back from university. I think that this "game-stalling" should stay allowed. I love talking about these hot topics with fun people like PuRe_JiRa and PinkScaresMeALot. I also like being chopped in half by mab8400!

Posted Dec 29, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  11. Thanks for the meaningful contribution to this conversation! What do you think about game stalling in a gamemode like CW or Turf Wars?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 29, 2019
    CZArkolan likes this.
  12. I think game-stalling on Cake Wars or other time-consuming games is not good. But a game like BlockHunt, where the time limit is 6 minutes? I don't think it matters very much. Plus, no one even talks about socks in games like Cake Wars. They are too busy putting pink wools on their cake? They don't even respond to my very nice compliments.

Posted Dec 29, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  13. So if the entire hunter team were to be teamed with the hiders the whole game and let them win, it would not be game stalling?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 1, 2020
  14. I’m pretty sure the rule is in place so people’s gameplay isn’t ruined. If the entire team is choosing not to kill the hider, then that’s their choice and it’s not hurting anyone if this is the case.

Posted Jan 1, 2020
  15. What is the point of the game at that point? I think this would be completely fine in an MPS where normal rules do not apply, but it seems a bit ridiculous that people get wins and level up without actually putting any effort into a lot of games. Again, the point of the game is for the hiders to hide/avoid being killed by the hunters, and the hunters are suppose to kill the hiders. Let's say there was 1 hunter putting their effort into trying to win the game, but every other hunter was just helping/not killing the hiders. Wouldn't that be frustrating to a pretty big extent?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 1, 2020
    chhase likes this.
  16. I feel this. I play Block Hunt a lot, usually as a Hunter, and find it frustrating when other Hunters are just hanging out with Hiders and letting them upgrade to the highest tier axe. I understand that some people do this to even the playing field a bit when it comes to using the diamond axe against Hunters (which I get to an extent), but I see stuff like this way too often. When this starts happening, I usually leave the game after it's over and join a different one.

I just really enjoy it when everybody is actually playing the game and not just using it to level up quickly. I think that it makes it a lot more fun and not feel like leveling up is a huge grind.

Posted Jan 1, 2020
    Fln™ and mab8400 like this.
  17. As the most oblivious person in the world, I can attest to this.

In all seriousness, I sincerely wish we can tell game stalling apart from not being able to find the hiders but we simply can't and as a result, the possibility of accidentally/falsely banning someone for game-stalling when we have no proof of it actually happening is much more problematic than avoiding punishing for game-stalling all together.

At the end of the day, there are several hiders and plus, there's a countdown to when the game is over. So if the hunters are intentionally not killing the hiders, the game will end at a fixed time anyways.

Posted Jan 1, 2020
    CZArkolan likes this.
  18. No no no, I am talking about the instances where it is so unbelievably obvious that there is no question against it. If a hunter is shifting next to a hider in a tree where normal mobs/blocks do not spawn, I think we can obviously tell what is going on.

"At the end of the day, there are several hiders and plus, there's a countdown to when the game is over. So if the hunters are intentionally not killing the hiders, the game will end at a fixed time anyways. "

Having several hiders makes it even harder to win games as a hunter when people are game stalling already. Again, time is the most important variable in Block Hunt, because the objective is flee from the hunters until the time runs out, or kill all of the hiders before the time runs out. That would mean that game stalling gives the hiders a significant advantage over the hunters. Not to mention afk hunters.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 2, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 2, 2020
  19. Even if it looks obvious, there's no way for us to know 100% unless we are in their minds and know their intentions. Whether it is being oblivious to the hider's whereabouts or there are intentionally "stalling" the game, we just have no way of being 100% right.

Posted Jan 2, 2020
    CZArkolan likes this.
  20. I mean, yes, there would be some instances of it being very obvious that someone knows and is purposefully not killing the hider. A few examples could end up being a hunter punching a hider with a fist to not kill them, but to maybe scare them. Another example would be a hider in a tree and a hunter sitting right on top of them with no other possible blocks up there. In these cases, I could see it being punishable. Otherwise I wouldn't consider anything else game stalling really.

On the other side of this though, you can just kill the hider yourself if you see this actually happening in-game, which is a reason I believe we don't punish for game stalling in this game. It's really not that hard to just kill the hider if you saw this happening, especially if you're tnt kit and arrows also work great. If you're spectating and see this happening, well, you aren't in the game so I'm not sure why it would really matter.

Posted Jan 2, 2020
    RoodleNoodle, afterfive and CZArkolan like this.