• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6716 Players Online
  • 6716 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why isn't night shift added to all the maps?

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Butterfl1, May 5, 2021.

1. If you play SSM you know there used to be a map called Amazon. Amazon had the ability to change the time from day to night, and night to day periodically. My question is why this hasn't been implemented to all the maps yet. The reason being is because it promotes critical thinking, reflexes, and game sense, which helps someone become smarter.
    Critical thinking occurs when the time shifts. You have to understand where your opponent may go while you are disoriented from the shift, and vice versa. Reflexes happen when you figure out their strategy to use the time change, and adapt to overcome them. You can also utilize this moment to hide and take cover from a confused opponent.
    All in all, this time shift mechanic should be implemented to some if not all maps. It would help a player improve on their thinking, reflexes, and game sense. Being able to adapt and overcome is a core part of this game, and time-cycle maps help a lot in that department. And I'm very sure that these three things will help a player improve IRL by making them think outside the box.

Posted May 5, 2021
    Flamesie and JN_PlayzMC like this.
  2. I disagree. Part of the reason why so many people like myself hated Amazon is because the time shifting was extremely distracting and affects gameplay. The purpose of SSM is to use our kits and fight, not improve our reflexes. I'd rather focus on fighting someone rather than trying to see through the darkness. There are other games if you want to improve your reflexes, but I think just by practicing SSM normally, you are improving your reflexes anyway.

Posted May 5, 2021
    Paladise and EpicEnderDragon1 like this.
  3. Good idea, should be added to the update doc.

Posted May 5, 2021
  4. honestly making any map night regardless if its fixed time or a night shift is kinda annoying because it makes mobs like wither skeleton, enderman, spider sometimes and magma all hard to see which can be pretty annoying. theres probably other dark mobs that are hard to see but i cant think of them

Posted May 5, 2021
    EpicEnderDragon1 likes this.