• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why map exploiting shouldn't be bannable

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by GrassBlocker, Mar 15, 2019.

?

Should map exploiting stay a bannable offence?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrassBlocker

GrassBlocker

Hello everyone,
    First of all, I would like to say that in this thread I will focus specifically on map exploiting in The Bridges, however this applies to all games.
    So today I got banned for "Map Exploiting" because I made an underwater base on the Jungles map in Bridges. I didn't use any hacks, everything I did was 100% vanilla minecraft mechanics. That means anyone can do the same thing I did to get to my base, so there really isn't an unfair advantage anywhere. Sure, most players probably don't know how to do it, but then why don't you ban armor, because some new players possibly don't know the crafting recipes for it? Strategy is essential in this game, and banning "Map Exploiting" which is just a fancy name for "Having a good strategy" just seems wrong. I think bridges should be more than people using berserker to chase eachother.
    Second of all, it is the map tester's fault if the map has an exploit. As long as the player isn't using hacks or isn't offending anyone, anything they do on a map should be allowed. Don't ban the player, instead patch the exploit if you really have to.
    Thanks for reading.

Posted Mar 15, 2019
    Mitchy, JMPhase and NothinButNet36 like this.
  2. NothinButNet36

NothinButNet36

Welcome to mineplex where people get banned or warned for stupid reasons.

Posted Mar 15, 2019
  3. Phamtastic

Phamtastic

Hey there!

I am sorry to hear that you got banned from the server for “Map Exploiting” but if believe that it is unfair or you want another chance, you can always appeal at www.mineplex.com/appeals there. Map exploiting is a punishable offense and you may or may not be issued a warning before being banned. The purpose of why it is punishable because it can lead to disadvantage over other players during the gameplay. I recommend you try to be careful about what you did during the game.

Make sure you review all the rules at www.mineplex.com/rules there in order to understand the rules entirely. For now on, I will have to lock this thread as the questions have been answered.

Thread locked, questions and concerns have been answered

Posted Mar 15, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.