• 347 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6364 Players Online
  • 6017 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why Mineplex is going offline

Discussion in 'YouTube Video Showcase' started by chrris, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Just thought I'd mention why Mineplex keeps being hit offline in a video!

Posted Jun 17, 2021
  2. Hey there,

I watched the whole video, and I can say that it was honestly very well-made, quite informative and I am sure that it will help a significant amount of players understand what was happening with the server yesterday.
    However, I wanted to mention one thing that I've noticed though; the title of the video is a little bit misleading. It was not Mineplex itself that was under an attack, but rather the company that Mineplex is hosted on.
    It might sound similar but it is far from being the same thing and it might give the wrong idea to some players who see the video and don't take the time to watch it.
    Don't take this the wrong way, there is no wrong information in the video itself as far as I've noticed and it was indeed quite informative and well-made, however, I just needed to mention my opinion regarding the title.
    Keep up the great work and thank you for uploading this!

Posted Jun 17, 2021
  3. nice video, its pretty funny to see someone DDOS a minecart server, like this isn black ops 2 lol

Posted Jun 17, 2021
    FluteVegetables and StyxKiller03 like this.
  4. I get what you were trying to say except it was the server hosts for Mineplex and hypxiel.

Posted Jun 17, 2021
  5. Ah, so that's why I've been having so many issues with joining the server.

Posted Jun 17, 2021
  6. ohh!!! "mineplex more playercount than hypixel haha" lets be realistic g its never going to happen again because the only reason they overtook hypixel was bc of ddos reasons

Posted Jun 18, 2021
    FluteVegetables and Makayo like this.
  7. a historical moment right here

Posted Jun 18, 2021
    FluteVegetables and StyxKiller03 like this.
  8. hey hey!

thanks for making this video! I feel like a lot of community members were confused as to what was happening before Dean made an announcement in the Mineplex Discord. as the players above do state, it is our host that was the target of these attacks rather than Mineplex itself, and the most we can do right now is wait until the company tries to resolve these issues.

once again great video!

Posted Jun 20, 2021
    chrris likes this.
  9. Hi chris!
    I love the video. It was very informative!
    I have been wondering what has been happening to Mineplex and Hypixel.

Posted Jun 20, 2021
    chrris likes this.
  10. wait
    The video isn't loading properly for me, but people are saying that it was under attack?!
    Why would anyone attack a couple of minecraft servers?
    And how did they do it cross-platform?

Posted Jun 20, 2021
  11. Because people want fun out of it, then they get caught because it's illegal.
    I think Bedrock and Java have the same host, so that's probably why but Bedrock isn't as bad right now I heard.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 20, 2021
  12. O thanks for clarifying

Posted Jun 20, 2021
    chrris likes this.
  13. Hey!!

Great video, I found this very helpful and I'm sure others will find this video very helpful on why Mineplex and other servers have been going down recently!

Awesome work :D

Posted Jun 21, 2021
    chrris likes this.