• 197 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2281 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Why we need to bring back Christmas Chaos I

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by 1980soviet, Oct 15, 2019.

?

Would you like to see Christmas Chaos I back

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    72.2%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Add it but keep the other version too

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. I'm gonna write a thread about why we should bring back Christmas Chaos I (Or have it run simultaneously with CCII)

First Reason - TEAM SIZE!

UGH it's so annoying when you have only 3 teammates at most. The challenges are built for way more than 4 people. Also, having a lot of players makes the game more about teamwork than individual work. The game feels like a ghost town with 4 players. Oops, i forgot to mention that most of the time at least 2 of those players leave before you even reach the first level. The boss battle is nearly impossible to win with only 4 people.

Second Reason - Santa Dialogue

Don't we all miss Santa's dialogue that brought the game to life? Remember listening to it back when we all believed in Santa and having the great Christmas spirit? Now all we have is some silly text in chat. Santa's dialogue was what brought the game to life, now it feels like even more of a ghost town without it.

Third Reason - Order of challenges

The current order of the challenges makes absolutely no sense at all. In the old game, the challenges got more and more challenging as the game went on. Now they seem to be in a random order that makes no sense at all. Plus, we all loved waiting for the boss battle as we completed the challenges. The order of the challenges made a lot more sense, now they seem to be just a random mix.

Fourth Reason - The challenges themselves

Come on, no one can say they didn't miss working together as a team doing the monster maze and the ice maze while trying to take down the evil snow monster. Now the monster maze is gone and the ice maze is basically a ghost town. What about the snake parkour. That is gone. These new parkours are way too easy. And also, WHO THE HELL IS CORRUPTED CARL? I for one, want back the evil pumpkin king! Everyone loved fighting the pumpkin king who was trying to get his revenge, now all we have is some lame creeper who no one cares about. Again, after playing Halloween horror, the Pumpkin King truly felt like a bad guy to everyone. This corrupted Carl doesn't.

Fifth Reason - Nostalgia

The old version brought back memories of all of our childhoods. I'm willing to bet that anyone who played it back in the day and went back to play it again would realize how many memories it brought back. I still have vivid memories of fighting the evil pumpkin king and the evil snowman monster. Now they are gone. The map also feels a lot more positive and Christmasy, which i'll get to in the next reason.

Sixth Reason - The Map

The old map felt a lot more positive and had the real Christmas spirit. This new one seems to be in the shadows of cliffs and caves. No one here can deny that the old one felt way more positive and cheerful.

Seventh Reason - The revival of Minecraft

With all these people returning to Minecraft, i'm sure they'd love to see the old version of the game back. Not only would they be slightly more familiar with the game, the above mentioned team size would be needed to support the returning players. As seen in the numbers lately, games are actually able to fill nowadays. There would just be too many games going on at once to support the new players. It would be better to have familiar players playing in one large game rather than 4 small and unfamiliar ones.

There you have it folks, these are the reasons we should bring back the old version of the game. I know many of you will argue that you like the game to be challenging, but this game is about the Christmas spirit, not violence. You are a good guy helping Santa in this game.

Posted Oct 15, 2019
  2. Hello~~~

As most of these points are good reasons, I personally found it boring. I like challenging stuff as you said before, and with something as easy as CC1 it's just not fun for me. I don't personally care for violence, I just like the game to be fun and challenging.

The Halloween Havoc is personally my favourite version of Halloween Event games is because it has Challenger Mode which gives the game more enjoyable, for me. I don't mind having 4 players in Halloween Havoc because you can still connect with people even if it's not as many, and you can talk about strategies and etc with them.

I realize that not everyone can beat Challenger because it's quite a difficult gamemode, and that's why some people don't like it. I suggest checking this thread where it gives you some strategies to win. https://www.mineplex.com/threads/advice-for-beating-challenger-halloween-havoc.78988/#post-268996

I haven't played CC in awhile now, since I didn't really play it last year. I don't know the new updates, or anything about it. I personally just found it boring to play CC because it boring to play (for me). I do have some nostalgia of the game from when I first started playing mineplex, but again I don't find it fun anymore.

I'm going to give this a -1, good suggestion tho. :)

EDIT: I also don't like the idea to add both CC 1 and CC 2 since it would seperate the player base.

Posted Oct 15, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 15, 2019
  3. 2/3 want it back so far! Share it around, once we get 15 people who vote to bring it back, I will start a petition! Keep it going!

I can see how you like it to be more challenging, but it's also kinda a ghost town. The old one was really brought alive by the players and santa. Thanks for sharing your side.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 15, 2019
  4. We should bring Christmas Chaos 1 when it’s December because we need the resource pack back and it’s not fair If we don’t have a resource pack. :)

Posted Oct 15, 2019
  5. You can still play without resource pack, just without the Santa dialogue

OP OP
  6. I agree, It feels like you're a whole army up against a great evil in Christmas Chaos. I can see the appeal behind a small elite team, it's a bit more strategy based but not as fun imo, The more the merrier, right? Would be cool if they brought it back this year, or just have both so everybody is happy.

I'd also like to see a challenge mode for the original CC, enemies with more HP and damage, maybe a special version of the parkour that's more difficult, a randomized ice maze if that's even possible? It'd be a nice twist on an old classic!

Posted Oct 15, 2019
    1980soviet likes this.
  7. Thanks guys 10 more yes or both votes and then I will make a petition

OP OP
  8. Yea but I love playing with the resource pack better because of a narrator.

Posted Oct 15, 2019
  9. Thread moved to General Idea Discussion

I missed playing Christmas Chaos I because this was one of my favorite gamemode for a Holiday traditional event. My favorite part about Christmas Chaos I was the voice acting. Of course, I enjoyed it because Parker_Games done his voice acting as a Santa Claus and a Pumpkin King. This gamemode also required to enable resource pack because of the custom soundpack. Some of the user having trouble with their resource pack which caused them to get removed from the server. This likely due to the fact they don't have an advanced computer performance or they have a server resource pack disabled.

Christmas Chaos I was an old gamemode, and the Developers need to inspect the gameplay first. This game might have lots of bug issues which doesn't work properly. What if the Developers going to alter the puzzles and challenges? If they did, then this game wouldn't be the same as always.

I don't believe the Production team will approve this idea, and requires them to patch up all the bugs. -1

Posted Oct 16, 2019
  10. I hate Christmas Chaos II. I just goto the barrier block and wait for everyone else to complete the task.

With Christmas Chaos I on the other hand. It was all hands-on, I suppose I could do the same for II, however, they're a lot of players who are faster and much better at parkour and if I did it. It would never get completed.

Christmas Chaos
    - Mine blocks to clear the way for Santa.
    - Find levers to activate the rainbow bridge after the Presents have been gathered.
    - Cross the rainbow bridge to the "Ice Maze" (There were two mazes) and "Monster Maze".
    - After the presents were collected "Iron Golem" Snow Monster.
    - Snake Parkour (Interesting enough I find I can do. Even though I am bad at non-moving Parkour) and lots of Pigmen trying to kill you in 1 Hit.
    - Giant Zombie
    - Play, Red Light, Green Light with Pumpkin King.

Christmas Chaos II
    - Mostly walking and waiting.

In terms of they "should" or "shouldn't" add it is they certain can, and in fact they have added 2 games before during the holiday season.

I remember when Halloween Horror and the Halloween game that I can't remember the name of...It was where you about 16 players there was crypt for Pumpkin King / Prince? They had this game and 1st game at the same time one year.

The same can easily go for Christmas Chaos.

From a server-side standpoint and possible bugs. I could see a little improvement to ensure it works with the new internal code, however, the server has been stuck on Minecraft 1.8 for years, and there shouldn't be too many conflicts in the way it works.

If possible, lets test on Karaoke on Saturday during the event! :)

+1 for Christmas Chaos I.
    Christmas Chaos II can remain for those who enjoy it. Of course, if Christmas Chaos III (This will like start rumors) comes out. :)

Posted Oct 21, 2019
  11. I still can't see why they changed it. Everyone loved it and it was so lively. Now it's an impossible ghost town. It's miserable. Like why did they have to change it in the first place. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 23, 2019