• 636 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9074 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why won't my Java character on the forums update its skin?

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by loldylan, Jul 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For some reason, my Java character on the forums has been stuck on the same skin since I linked my account and I can't get it to update. Anyone have any solutions?

Posted Jul 18, 2019
  2. Hey!

So I'm not exactly sure what to do, but this sounds like a bug. As such, I recommend you create a Website Bug Report. You can do that here. I strongly suggest you, before submitting a report, you check out the Official Bug Reporting Guide, that's here.

Hope This Helped!
    -Nick

Posted Jul 18, 2019
  3. Hey!

Can I ask how long have you been waiting for your skin to update? For me, it took about a day for my skin to update, so if it hasn't been that long I suggest you continue to wait and it eventually will. However, if it's been longer than that and your skin still hasn't updated, make a bug report here as @FreakingNick mentioned.

Hope this helped!

Posted Jul 18, 2019
  4. I've only been waiting for a day or so but either way, I already filed a bug report.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 18, 2019
  5. Hey there!
    Skin updates do take a while. The Mineplex website does take a while to process the change and then update the skin but it shouldn't take long. By the looks of things you've waited for a day and I understand that it can be frustrating. My only advice is to be patient and wait it out and it will be updated as soon as possible. For future help threads, I suggest heading over to the help section. Over there we can identify your issue and help you out quicker.

Posted Jul 18, 2019
  6. Just wait a little bit, nobody really cares about skins anyways :p

Posted Aug 7, 2019
  7. Hey!

As said by other people, It may take a little while for your skin to update, give it a little more time and your skin should be updated and ready to go! :D

Posted Aug 7, 2019
  8. Hey there.

Personally, I don't have any experience with how long it takes for forums to update your skin as I very rarely ever change my skin. Whoever, as others have stated it seems that it usually takes a bit longer for the website to update it so I would recommend you to stay patient for the time being.

Have a good one.

Posted Aug 7, 2019
    cerns likes this.
  9. I'm not sure if this is an issue on your end or on the website end, as I'm not sure which skin is meant to be visible currently. However, if this is an issue on your end, clearing your cache and cookies might help. This removes the saved images from the website and requires them to re-load in next time you view the site. This will solve the problem if it is on your end. If it is on the website end (affecting everyone attempting to look at your skin) then patience would be key, as well as the bug report, but it sounds like you've taken care of that!

Posted Aug 7, 2019
  10. I did see and respond to your website bug report.

It very much could have been an API issue on our end. The forums were lagging and not loading for a good week or two, maybe even a bit longer. Because of that, characters could've been affected and took a while to upload/update. It should usually never take more than a few hours to a day for your character to update, if that's ever the case just report it to us again and we'll see if it again is an API issue or something else.

Since your issue has since been fixed and there's nothing further for us to do, I'll be locking this. If anyone has questions or concerns, I'm always open to be messaged.

Posted Aug 7, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.