• 744 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9182 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why You Should Apply For Staff

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by afchlam, Sep 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Posted Sep 21, 2019
    NothinButNetYT, ClansGI and ClassN like this.
  2. That's not really, legitimate. But yeah, nice joke there.

Posted Sep 21, 2019
    CoolCreeperMC likes this.
  3. Applying for any job so you can get those big bucks is the number one way to get rejected. You are only doing it for your own self-gain when the point of hiring you is to mutually benefit the world so this is most definitely not the correct attitude to have whilst applying for any position. This shows that you will only do the bare minimum to get by because only doing it for the rewards does not display passion. Mineplex staff members also do not get paid, I thought I should point that out too.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  4. Oh! I misinterpreted that!

Anyways, like said above, for Mineplex staff, or really any staff team, you aren't doing it for the perks. You are doing it to positively contribute to the community, or provide a stellar customer experience to all. Sure, there are many others, but those are the big two.

Applying for the staff team just for perks will not only get you rejected, but they'll remember that "Hey, this is the guy that wanted to apply for staff because he wanted those nice perks!", and next time, you won't make it unless you change.

You are doing it to provide a positive experience to all, not to get paid. That's terrible and Recruitment will just sniff that out of you easily like 1, 2,3.

PLEASE do not do this. You aren't paid either. You are here to contribute, not to receive perks from higherups,

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  5. I don't know why I really have to explain this, yet I'm in a community made up of 10-14 year old children who play Minecraft, so I can't really call you out on incompetence.

First of all, it was sarcasm, verbal irony, a joke which is obviously foreign to all of you.

Second, I'm not applying for staff, and I probably will never apply anytime in the future. I did not intentionally imply staff applied for the benefits, it was relating to my first point.

To end out with, the picture isn't faked, this is a legitimate image from a bug I noticed when entering my username from another one of my accounts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 21, 2019
  6. Yeah, I noticed that. That's why I said, "Oh, I misinterpreted". I was speaking to those that didn't understand that it was sarcasm which may apply to a few younger ones not to do this. I never said you were applying for staff. I understood it was a joke but I do understand as well that some may not understand it as a joke.

Also, gotta disagree with that 10-14 year old community. I'm 17 turning 18 this year. I don't play as often as some do, but I do my best when I have the time since I have a break year since I graduated earlier, to hang out with friends, etc.

Sorry for any confusion! <3

Posted Sep 21, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  7. Yeah, I understand the need to clear it up with those in the younger community. I understand as well you may turn to an older age, however, I was speaking for the majority of the server and was not intended for the older audience such as you, which I believe to be a minority.

For those who did not realize this is a sarcastic joke, it was not intended to be misinterpreted like it was. This might or might not be a staff perk (Like I said, it was a bug,) however you will never be accepted into any job for that matter solely for the benefits. If the glitch revealed what's true, a 90% sale price for staff members (for Eternal at least), that's pretty ridiculous, in my own opinion.
    --- Post updated ---
    Just to offer my own two cents, I personally find it more beneficial to get all of the schooling out of the way faster than to break in between. I actually had an instructor tell us about that break year being the worst year they've had, primarily because they had not completed their schooling and did not have a job.

OP OP
  8. Well this got toxic quite quickly...

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  9. I disagree

OP OP
    Xion, NothinButNetYT and Lipsticks like this.
  10. this is some wonderful r/woosh

Posted Sep 21, 2019
    Xion and SpitefulNick like this.
  11. In the words of ClassN: "The forums aren't so bad, huh? Every now and then a gem will pop up..."

You, sir, are a gem.

Posted Sep 21, 2019
    Xion likes this.
  12. If you really just wanted to apply for staff for that one reason then you are going to certainly get rejected almost instantly. Mineplex isn't looking for players who want the position for the nice shiny tag and the bonuses that you get with becoming a staff member. I'm pretty sure that they're looking for someone who loves the server, is friendly/helpful, ETC.
    Not even sure if that's legitimate or it was just photoshopped in or something but anyhow why would you buy a rank when you have staff? You wouldn't even get the title unless you are demoted or quit.

Posted Sep 21, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  13. You should probably make a habit out of reading prior comments before replying.

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  14. There's a lot more you get out of it. Sure you get a lot of perks from a $12 rank, but you get an amazing experience that leaves an impact on you for years to come, worth a lot more than $12 or even the original $120 it was.
    Plus the time you spend on a Staff application is worth a lot more than $12. You could've made a lot more than $12 from working instead of writing an application.

Posted Sep 22, 2019
  15. Welp, guess I'd have to wait 'til I'm 14. Can't use the chat either because of parental controls.

Posted Sep 22, 2019
  16. Hey hey,

I can understand that this is a joke, and of course, a player's reasoning for applying to become a staff member shouldn't be because of the Eternal perks as we all know.

I'm going to be locking this thread to prevent a flame war as things seem to be getting a bit dicey!

~Arjun

Posted Sep 22, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.