• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5122 Players Online
  • 5122 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Winter Event Update (12/7/20)

Discussion in 'Update Changelogs' started by gyroninja, Dec 7, 2020.

1. [​IMG]

Another month. Another Holiday Event. This time we are bringing you the event early unlike what happened with Halloween. Unlike Halloween, the Winter Event is not just a new game. The Winter Event is a three week long event with new things added every week. A major component of this event is the mission system that has been implemented that allows you to do different missions to earn yourself Winter Tokens which can be used to purchase cosmetics in the Winter Event shop. The last two daily missions and the last two weekly missions are reserved for players who have a donator rank. Along with the mission system this week also comes with a new game to Bedrock, Snow Fight. In Snow Fight you are split into 4 teams and eliminate other players by throwing snowballs at them. You get a few health potions to heal yourself back up if you get into a pinch.
    General Changes
    • Enabled double xp
    Winter Event
    • Added Snow Fight
    • Added Winter Event mission system
    • Added Winter Event shop and premium shop

Posted Dec 7, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Dec 11, 2020
    Orion821, BasicT, dcdb and 22 others like this.
  2. [Reserved for Snow Fight and Winter Event menu explanation]

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 7, 2020
    dcdb, Im_Ken, EnderGamer and 6 others like this.
  3. Nice, very exciting! I'll definitely be playing some snow fight and unlock as much as I can in the shop. Thanks for the update :D

Posted Dec 7, 2020
    dcdb and Fallen like this.
  4. Great update! Pleasure testing it with you and, looking forward to finishing it with you.

Fallen

Posted Dec 7, 2020
    dcdb likes this.
  5. Great Update! That's insane though! :)

Posted Dec 7, 2020
    Ryan9116, yvuggu and dcdb like this.
  6. Very glad you got this winter update out for us! Would definitely love to see snowballs be fixed at some point, but other than that issue, this update is very nice! I love the idea of the daily and weekly tasks! :)

Posted Dec 7, 2020
    Ryan9116, dcdb and ReJo like this.
  7. Santa Jetpack bois

Posted Dec 8, 2020
    dcdb and EnderGamer like this.
  8. Yessir

Posted Dec 8, 2020
    Ryan9116, dcdb and StyxKiller03 like this.
  9. Really happy to see all the attention Bedrock's been getting lately - I can't wait to try out these new Christmas updates!!

Posted Dec 8, 2020
    dcdb and EnderGamer like this.
  10. Yay! Nice to see a Christmas event on Bedrock. :)

Posted Dec 8, 2020
    dcdb likes this.
  11. Keep doing great things gyro, this update looks so sweet.

Posted Dec 9, 2020
    dcdb likes this.
  12. This update is AMAZING! Keep up the great work, @gyroninja. :D

Posted Dec 9, 2020
    dcdb, Walrus_Memez and andr3w like this.
  13. Umm quick question does anyone know what the christmas sweater does in the event shop?

Posted Dec 10, 2020
  14. Though I cannot enjoy these myself (seriously considering getting Bedrock though), I really appreciate how hard you work to push out quality updates for Bedrock, especially the seasonal ones. I really like this idea, keep up the amazing work!

Posted Dec 10, 2020
    dcdb and Walrus_Memez like this.
  15. The Ninja is off working hard on the rest of the Winter Event, so he's asked me to fill in the explanation part of this myself.

Starting with Snow fight, there are 4 teams with members of 4 on them. Each player spawns with health potions and a tracking compass. Your main goal of this game is to eliminate the opposing teams by throwing snowballs collected by breaking snow (you can only have a maximum of 16 at once). Trying to drink one of the health potions provided to you at the beginning will instantly regenerate health. The last team standing wins the game.

As for the Winter Event Menu, at the start of each day and each week, players will be greeted with numerous tasks to complete in order to earn Winter Points. Players without a rank will get two daily tasks and one weekly task. Ranked players will receive 4 daily tasks and 3 weekly tasks. Completing these tasks will earn you a certain amount of Winter Points that you can spend in the Event Shop. If you are a ranked player, you can access the Premium shop that gives you the same items at discount, as well as exclusive items coming soon. Currently, only the previous cosmetics from prior Holiday updates are in the shop, however, there will be more to purchase soon.

So far the feedback for this set of Seasonal updates has been very positive, and we look forward to seeing how you guys like the next part!

Posted Dec 12, 2020
    Dopeybear, dcdb and ReJo like this.
  16. I've already completed some tasks and bought some stuff . I admit that I find this update kinda genius and I hope that this shop & reward system won't disappear after Xmas.

Posted Dec 12, 2020
    dcdb likes this.

17. Loving the bedrock update so far, keep up the good work!​

Posted Dec 17, 2020
    dcdb likes this.
  18. it's nice... I guess

My brother made this account.... I am 14

Posted Dec 19, 2020
  19. Lovely update, thank you.

Posted Dec 19, 2020
  20. thanks whens the next champions update i want to be a champion again

Posted Jan 6, 2021