• 2313 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10751 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

[WIP] The Storm

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by OakStairs, Aug 16, 2019.

?

Trash it?

1. Yeah man, quit while you're ahead

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nah, it's got some potential

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. hUrguSbUrGUs

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. I'm a big fan of putting the cart before the horse, and I'm about 1% done with a Blockhunt submission map. With that being said, I was really eager to show three (that's right, three) whole screenshots of my progress so far. Does this look like a good start, or should I scrap it?

The idea is the seekers will start on the ship and make their way to the village through the bridge atop a monstrous storm. Not much else to it, but I was kinda excited to showcase what little progress I've done because I'm pretentious like that

https://imgur.com/a/8CcqPqj

Posted Aug 16, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  2. I'm actually really impressed by this! Sure, it is unfinished so I can't say a final decision or anything but from the images you posted, I think it looks pretty good. I'm in no way a professional or know anything regarding the technicalities of building and such, but from my own point of view as a player, this would be really fun to play in. I love the idea of the seekers sort of 'raiding' the hiders in a castle and it really reminds me of castle siege with a different plot. I absolutely love the sort of stormy effect you put as the water as regular water would look kind of boring and vague, you went out of your way to give it life and meaning so that's something I like about the water. Also, love the Mineplex logo you put as the flag, it gave me a good laugh, I can't wait to see what this map will look like finished!

-Enigma

Posted Aug 17, 2019
    Danese likes this.
  3. Heyo!! :D

I really like what you have so far! I think this WIP map has some serious potential! I wouldn't mind playing on it myself once it is completed.
    Due to the build being incomplete, I can't really give any feedback; however, here are a few pointers to keep in mind that I consider makes a good Block Hunt map:
    1. Make sure players are able to get off the ground. Making use of towers and walkways is quite effective in completing this task.
    2. Make sure there are infestor spots. Maybe have a broken window and a furnace on the other side for infestors to infest through while dodging hunters.

-Dan

Posted Aug 18, 2019
  4. this a really cool map :)

Posted Aug 18, 2019
  5. I think this has some potential. Always worth working on a map to see where you get with it.

I'm a bit concerned with the water though. It looks a lot better than just using water blocks, but hiders would be able to hide there which could be difficult to deal with considering how much area it covers. Adding a void layer above the water could avoid this without compromising the unique water design.
    Same with the surrounding grass areas below the bridge, although you might be able to flatten some of that out a little bit and turn it into farm land with a fence to keep people from running too far. Something like a small staircase to connect it with the main castle area.

As for what's already there, it looks nice. Maybe some more details on the boat. Can't say much else though due to it being in the early stages.

Posted Aug 21, 2019
  6. You’ve done an amazing job with this design, I would be disappointed if you were to trash it so, please don’t. It looks really nice and has some good potential if your willing to spend some more time on it. Some more additional details to the boat would look nice and maybe some more detail sorrounding the boat, that’s just my personal opinion.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
    Yato likes this.