• 386 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6228 Players Online
  • 5842 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Withdrawing Reports

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Pangaea_, May 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What I am asking for is a way to withdraw a player made report. This is in case a player made a report and realized the evidence is insufficient before a moderator reads it, or wants it withdrawn for some other reason. I know players should obviously read the Reporting Guide before submitting a report, but often mistakes are made. I think this would be good as it would result in moderators not having to deny as many reports. Once the report is considered pending I would say the report should not longer be able to be withdrawn, although if it is considered Escalated it should be able to be removed until any point until the report has been denied/accepted.
    I am asking for a button that would say "withdraw report" next to a filled out player report. Clicking on it would tell the player a moderator would not see the report, so they can confirm they would want it withdrawn.

Posted May 7, 2021
  2. I'm not too sure what the use of this would be. It would save a miniscule amount of time if evidence was forgotten, but there's no consequences to you if your report is insufficient (unless it is forged). You can simply resubmit another report with the proper evidence if you realized you need more after you submitted it. Can you explain more about what purpose this would serve?

Posted May 7, 2021
  3. Hey!
    I definitely see where you are coming from, but as a member of the Reports Patrol team, I can assure you that we don't get bothered when a report is insufficient. We are always happy to respond to DM's about why it was deemed insufficient. If you notice on your end that it was insufficient, go ahead and submit another report even if the other one has not been denied yet. They will be processed normally and as Dulciloquy said, there is no harm in having a report denied!

Posted May 7, 2021
  4. We won't be allowing this/doing this.
    As aahad said, we really don't mind. The worse thing that would happen is the report is canceled or denied, which does not reflect badly on you in any way.

We do not want anyone to withdraw something/delete it after submitting it because of forged evidence potentially being there. It would be very rare, but it still happens currently.

Again, we really do not mind. We will be denying reports regardless for no evidence shown, forgotten or not, people still submit reports with no evidence on purpose. They believe that's what this section is for and that's how it'll work, so us keeping it the way it is is 100% fine.

This will be marked as not planned and locked as we do not plan to do something like this in the future. Message me with questions or concerns.

Posted May 11, 2021
    rilau likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.