• 1946 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4525 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Would people apply for trainee if there were no rank for it?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Dan1el, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Aha yes! I meant concept* thanks for pointing that out

Posted Jan 25, 2020
    Dan1el likes this.
  2. Without reading other replies, my opinion is;

I think only staff hunters would not apply, staff hunters are mostly incompetent, inexperienced people who just want staff for the tags, for the recognition, and for their ego.

The competent, smart and good-knowledged people out there who genuinely have intentions to help other people are ones who apply to help others.

Posted Jan 25, 2020
  3. I know it is not, otherwise there would be a 0, +1, or -1 at the end. Sorry about the confusion if this sounded like one.

Posted Jan 25, 2020

4. Thank you for your feedback, but many people think that this is an idea that I want to implement/test somehow. That was not my intention at all, I just wanted to make people think about this question :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 25, 2020
  5. No problem! Many people seem to think that this is something that should be tested out, and they tell why it could be bad idea, so that's why I wanted to clear things up a little bit :)

OP OP
    _Prof_ likes this.
  6. Glad you found the thread interesting! :)

OP OP
  7. I would say yes. Just take a look at @Timmi6790 and @ImFirewalker. They are both members of our Community Quality Assurance program, but neither of them have a rank on our server that makes them stand out from others (besides Eternal on Java or their rank on Bedrock). While, yes, they do get the fancy Quality Assurance tag on our forums, I think that it shows that there still are the people who are willing to help do things for the server without getting much recognition for it.

Posted Jan 25, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 25, 2020
    skarm, _Prof_ and Fallen™ like this.
  8. Would make me want to apply even more so I don't stand out in lobbies.

Posted Jan 25, 2020
    Im_Ken, Xukuwu and Jaek like this.
  9. Didn't someone buy you ultra just to mess up your rank

Posted Jan 25, 2020
  10. That's a question the applicant themselves have to answer before even applying for the Trainee position.

Posted Jan 26, 2020
    Dan1el likes this.
  11. Don't think so, you're probably thinking of someone else.

Posted Jan 26, 2020
    Vocaloiid likes this.
  12. The real reason people SHOULD apply for Trainee is to help moderate and improve the quality of the server. Not for the rank, title or the "recognition" you get for it. Right?

Posted Jan 28, 2020
    _Prof_ likes this.
  13. I’m far too late to the party, but I’d like to provide my opinion as well.

As unfortunate as it is, the reality of the situation is that not a lot of people would. People may convince themselves and others successfully that they are in it just to help and benefit the server, but at the end of the day we all crave some sort of power. This may be less so the case with others, and is usually the difference between a good staff member and one who’s maybe not so good. Because the role comes with a lot of perks, like power, fame, attention, fitting in, etc., people feel naturally inclined to go for it. This has always been a problem with Mineplex but thankfully the recruitment team is good at distinguishing between people like this and candidates who are in it for the right reasons.

If this sounds like you, here’s my advice: just because you’re in it for the wrong reasons right now doesn’t mean you can’t apply later. I’d suggest taking a break to reflect on it and see if it is something you’d truly enjoy. Ask yourself, “would I apply if there was no tag?” If the answer is yes, you’re on the right track.

Ultimately, despite what they say, the tag is the sole reason most people apply for the position.

Posted Jan 28, 2020
  14. This is a very good question, me personally I would still apply in order to contribute more to the community. Because I have been on mineplex for almost 5-6 years now and I have always liked the community. For some other people though some just do it for the attention, or they also do it for the permission's. To which I say that's not what trainee is about, trainee is a rank that is essentially a way to prove that you are loyal and want to contribute more to mineplex. Back when I was younger I saw trainee as a way to get popular, but now that I am a seasoned veteran of mineplex my eyes see a way to contribute to the community and contribute more than you already have to mineplex. Which in a way makes the staff special because they arent going for the popularity they just want to contribute to mineplex.

Posted Feb 6, 2020
    _Prof_ likes this.
  15. As someone that has returned 3 times to the staff team, I have never thought about the rank or any perks that it came with. It was solely based on the experience that I had and wanting to be apart of a bigger cause on the server. If anyone applies just for the role, it is quite easy to identify their intentions. You never know, some people might just do it for attention or the tag, but once you get into it, it's more than just a tag, They'll realize the duties that they need to contribute towards and that'll in a way give them a wakeup call.

I've witnessed many people just applying for the tag and getting into the staff team. However, I've never seen them get far in the team as it is not what they imagined it to be. That's the fine line between wanting to be a staff member for good intentions or bad intentions.

Posted Feb 7, 2020
    _Prof_ likes this.
  16. The tag shouldn't matter. It will keep the cheaters thinking they are fine. If they see that tag they will make sure the "tagged" weren't on.

Posted Feb 7, 2020
  17. I believe that the amount of applicants accepted mostly aren't doing it for the tag, but most that apply are. The recruitment team are usually pretty good at finding those sincere about not doing it just for the tag.

As for me personally, if you'd asked me that question a year ago, I would have said yes, now, I think it's different. I think I would apply even without the tag

Posted Feb 7, 2020
    Virus Brian likes this.
  18. Haha, cool!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 8, 2020