• 482 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7200 Players Online
  • 6718 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion XP Bonuses for Win Streaks

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by MCCharity, May 28, 2019.

1. Hi!

I was playing today and I had an idea that could help improve win streaks. Right now, the idea is completely for stats. There isn't really any benefit to win streaks and no one else can see your top streak (except in CW).

What I was thinking is that you could receive incremental xp as your win streak increases.

So for every 5 wins your xp output will increase by 5%.

At 5 wins you'd get 5% xp bonus.
    At 10 wins you'd get a 10% xp bonus.
    At 15 wins you'd get a 15% xp bonus.
    And so on.

This system would encourage players to maintain their streaks and provide a tangible benefit to maintaining it. The effects of the win streak doesn't affect any part of the game. Additionally, this isn't that large of an increase. If you have a 5 win streak and get 1000 xp you'd only get an extra 50 xp. The amount is small but valuable over large periods of time.

Just my thoughts :)

Posted May 28, 2019
    gzen, Sickle, kim_crazy and 10 others like this.
  2. Heyo!

Yes! This is an awesome idea and I definitely feel Mineplex should add this! Would be awesome to have a reward for getting win streaks. This idea would work best in Nano Games, but I'm sure others too!

Posted May 28, 2019
    MCCharity likes this.
  3. Hello!

This idea sounds good for me, so I'd like to see that to be added as it's nice QoL change for games. Currently, we don't have any purposes (besides stats and pleasure) to keep a streak high as there are not any bonuses. If your idea will be implemented it will motivate players to play more and do well in games, especially if it will be in Nano and in other games besides of current games with streaks - CW and SG.

I'll give a big +1 to this idea.

Posted May 28, 2019
    MCCharity likes this.
  4. I believe I saw a similar idea a few months back, but I don't recall if it got rejected or not. Regardless, I still think this is a great idea and would love to see it added.

Posted May 28, 2019
    Jango_55 and MCCharity like this.
  5. Love this idea, I think we actually discussed bumping up shards/gems for win streaks as well but this is definitely an added bonus. I can't make any promises but if we look into updating win streaks, I'll bring this up. Thank you!

Posted May 28, 2019
    _ur and MCCharity like this.
  6. Just to clarify, I'm pretty sure Win Streaks are on for all games. I had it in Paintball this morning... I could be mistaken, though.

Sweet, thanks for the note Em! Keep us posted if you can :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 28, 2019
    Evgeen likes this.
  7. That's a really good idea, will definitely encourage players to do good in games. My only concern is that hackers might easily ruin it, especially since we are at a concentration of roughly one per nano server at pretty much all times. Anyway, I don't expect the hacker problem to be solved any time soon, plus other games are less impacted such as paintball, so +1 from me!
    A little further out, it would also be interesting to see streaks in more games! Maybe in a future update? Who knows!

Posted May 28, 2019
    MCCharity likes this.
  8. This is a great idea! This can really encourage players to do well in games to try to establish a win streak, resulting in better rewards. I suggest adding bonuses to shards and gems as well to further boost the rewards. As nice as this idea sounds, however, win streaks can be completely destroyed by hackers as @Nicodami stated. This may result in very frustrating and disappointing situations that probably wouldn't be reversible. Nevertheless, I fully support this idea and hope to see it live in the future.

Posted May 28, 2019
    MCCharity likes this.
  9. I think this would be a prertty nice incentive to have to encourage players to play more competitively and want to keep their win streak. Nothing much to add on other than that I agree!

EDIT: In response to @AceSJus and @Nicodami, yes, hackers are becoming more prevalent each day, however the positives that can come from this would definitely outweigh the negatives. It adds a new aspect to competitivenes that could bring a lot more players to want to keep playing to improve their win streak. Just because there are hackers that could potentially ruin it doesn't mean it can't work.

Posted May 28, 2019
    WorthyBandit and AceSJus like this.
  10. Herro!

I side with you on this 100000000 times. Win streak bonuses would be a great idea, even if it isn't that much, having it would be a great feature that everyone would appreciate. While hackers are common and could ruin streaks, I think the benefit of having a feature like this would outweigh the side effects that come along with it.

Definitely a +1 from me!

Posted May 28, 2019
  11. I really like this idea. It could possibly increase players motivation to grind for wins. The thing that I would recommend changing is the percentage that you get for every 5 wins. I mean in some games, it's very hard to get a 5 win streak and it's something that you can lose really easily. So maybe bumping it up could prove beneficial. Just a thought. Nice thread!

Posted May 28, 2019
  12. Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things. It just means you have to accept what's happened and continue living.

I think this is a great idea and would incentivize playing for longer periods of times. I have a question though, would win streaks apply across different game modes? Example: I have a 5 win streak in Cake Wars and I switch over to Bridges, would the win streak rewards still apply after the Bridges game? On top of that, would I lose my win streak rewards if I lost said Bridges match?

[​IMG]

Posted May 28, 2019
    Johnny Welamton, cernsie and AceSJus like this.
  13. I really like this idea that will implement the win streaks bonus for Cake Wars! This will encourage more players to play Cake Wars everytime when they keep winning the game. Although there are some cheaters in the Cake Wars these days. I am pretty sure that it is quite impossible to get the highest streaks you can able to get.

Overall, I do not see that it is a priority thing to implement, but I find it way more useful to some of the players. Great job that you have! +1

Posted May 28, 2019
    MCCharity likes this.
  14. Definitely agree

Posted May 28, 2019
  15. Hello, hello!

I see I'm a little late to the party on this one. Like the respondents above me, I definitely think this idea would be an excellent addition to Mineplex's statistics system and could incentivize better performance. It seems only logical that players would be rewarded for repeatedly displaying marquee performance, and I'm wholeheartedly interested in seeing this implemented.

Keep up the great posts!
    (ps, I love your builds ^-^)

Posted May 28, 2019
    MCCharity likes this.
  16. Hey!

I’m totally for this, and think that it would be a great addition for the people that are already good at the game, and for the people that want to get rewarded for winning consistently. 5 percent for 5 wins seems decent, and I wouldn’t really change it. I’d like to see this implemented!

Posted May 29, 2019
  17. This would definitely be a good addition. While I don’t really play that many games anymore and don’t get winstreaks, I know that a lot of people do and a XP bonus would be greatly beneficial. The bonuses that you suggested also seem pretty reasonable; 5 for 5, 10 for 10, and 15 for 15 all sound good to me. I would personally really enjoy this because I’m always looking for better ways to grind XP, and this seems like a good way.

Overall, +1 to this idea, thanks for suggesting it!

Posted May 29, 2019
    MCCharity and WorthyBandit like this.
  18. Heyo!

I really adore this idea, and it'll definitely be beneficial towards the Mineplex community! This would be really great to level up with a more quicker paste, which sounds awesome to me. The examples of what the winstreak XP will be like sound fair and reasonable to me! I admire this idea, and this will hopefully get a lot more players to play more games, which is great. If this does get added, I can't wait to grind some XP. :happyt3:

I'm giving this a huge +1. keep up the good ideas! :3

Posted May 29, 2019
    MCCharity likes this.
  19. Hey there!
    Absolutely great idea. I personally don't go on too many win streaks but I'm sure having that option and opportunity to have a better chance at leveling up always suffices. It seems to me already that this idea has entered the possibility realm so I won't go on a tangent of saying how beneficial this is since it's pretty clear to me and everyone that this is a great idea. I'm sure this would definitely be a great addition to the xp system. Great idea, have a great day!

Posted May 29, 2019
    MCCharity likes this.
  20. Hello,
    I am definitely for this idea! I love the concept of rewarding for win streaks, as there is currently no real value in maintaining one. These win streak xp increases would make it so players are focused more on keeping their streak rather than just playing for the kills and xp alone. It would be really cool to get good use out of the win streak feature, and would also offer a fresh new way for players to level up. Thanks for the cool idea, definitely a +1 from me!

Posted May 29, 2019
    MCCharity likes this.