• 615 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11749 Players Online
  • 11134 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion XP Bonuses for Win Streaks

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by MCCharity, May 28, 2019.

1. Hey!

Can't really add much that hasn't been said, but a big +1 for your idea. I hope it gets implemented soon!

Posted May 29, 2019
  2. This would integrate the current Win Streak system. Each game has it's own win streaks and they don't cross between gamemodes. Win streaks are saved between game sessions.

Thanks <3

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 29, 2019
  3. Hm, this would be really cool to see. It seems easily agreeable with a lot of players, and I can't see any downsides to adding this. I don't win too many games often, so it probably wouldn't help me much... haha. But it would be an incentive to playing to try and win more often, though, for myself and other players. +1

Posted May 31, 2019
    MCCharity likes this.
  4. Hia,

I really like this idea! As of now, there really is no point of a streak, but this will keep people playing for longer and make the games more fun for us all! You've got another +1 from me!

Posted May 31, 2019
    MCCharity likes this.
  5. The percentages you've suggested are broken. I'm not opposed to something very small, but anything over like, 10% is really, really a lot. Experience is already so much easier to get now than it was years ago, and I don't think it makes you all that much more on a small scale, but think about going from level to level. Winstreak exp would be a considerable portion of that if you were at all a competent player. I think winstreak bonuses would also disproportionately favor shorter and easier games. It's a lot easier for someone who plays CW to rack up a winstreak there than someone playing Bridges. I'm not sure how this would work in Nano, but I suspect it would be absolutely broken if it weren't disabled there.

Posted May 31, 2019,
    Last edited May 31, 2019
  6. Hm, I don't totally agree that anything more than 10% would be broken, but I can agree that the percentage might be a good thing to differ per game. So for Nano it is 2.5% increase per 5 levels, and for Bridges it might be 7.5% increase per 5 levels, whereas CW is at 5%... Obviously it needs to be tested and worked out. Longer and harder games should have higher percentages than shorter and easier games.

As for Nano, I'd say getting a 10 win streak would be pretty hard, though. You have to be good at such a variety of games, and even then some come down to some level of luck (Musical Minecarts). Personally I think you are overestimating how high these streaks can get.

But yes, I can understand why there should be a balancing on a per-game basis. That all will have to get worked out during development.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 31, 2019
  7. I mean, I think if I got together a party of competent players we could go on a 10 winstreak in CW easily. We could go further than that probably. And if we lost a game, we could do it again. Nano is a bit weird but the games are so unbelievably short. I'm saying more than 10% is a bit broken because sure, while each individual game you play you're getting what, 100 more exp? That adds up. In the past 40 minutes or so, several people have won 5-7 games. I imagine most, if not all of those games they played were wins simply because that's not a lot of time to play more than that many games. If those people are on winstreaks of 5+ in this time, think about how easy it would be to farm exp off this. Sure, the rewards aren't a ton at 5 or even 10, but get a little past that and suddenly you're being treated like you're winning 6 games for every 5 you play. And I think this would actually amount to quite a bit of exp overall as someone leveled up on the server, even if they never pulled off 20 game winstreaks or the anything of the sort.

Posted Jun 1, 2019
  8. This idea is fantastic. It would inspire players to achieve a winning streak and they would reach level 100 a lot quicker. Also, games would be way more competitive because players may be on a long streak. Thank you for sharing

Posted Jun 1, 2019
  9. I love this idea! It is very creative and not so overpowered. It wouldn't be that difficult to code with all of Mineplex's skilled devs, so this is an easy +1 in my book.

Posted Jun 1, 2019
  10. I definitely like this idea! As a player's level is based off of skill and experience, hopefully, this'll make it easier for players who have skill in games to level up! This is definitely very smart. It also adds another use to having a winstreak. +1 from me, hope to see it implemented!

Posted Jun 1, 2019
  11. 100% agree with this idea - players that tend to perform more consistently in their games should be rewarded as such. This would also provide incentive for people to be more strategic when playing.

Posted Jun 2, 2019
  12. I do like this idea. I hope it would get applied to both Java and bedrock.
    It would help games like turf wars have a little better XP than it does, which it is only ok, and being an avid player there would be a few win streaks and a nice bonus.

Posted Jun 3, 2019
  13. Hi, this is a bump <3

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 7, 2019
    January34 ゴ likes this.
  14. I have a 100% win rate, so my xp bonus would go up fast and consistently.

I wonder how much faster I could get to level 100 if this feature were added, I think level 100 requires 10 million experience, let the amount of xp gained from a win be "xp", then in the current Mineplex system, 10,000,000 = wins × xp.

So I would have 5 × (xp) + 5 × (xp × 1.05) + 5 × (xp × 1.10) + 5 × (xp × 1.15) etc., because of my perfect win streak.

This is itself an arithmetic series, but can be modelled more intuitively as the product of the constant (5 × xp) and the arithmetic series with first term 1 and common difference 0.05.

The xp earned after N × 5 wins, given by EXP, is:

EXP = N × (5 × xp) × (2 + (N - 1) × 0.05) / 2

We should solve for EXP ≥ 10,000,000, equivalently EXP ≥ wins × xp

N × (5 × xp) × (2 + (N - 1) × 0.05) / 2 ≥ wins × xp
    N × (5 × xp) × (2 + (N - 1) × 0.05) ≥ 2 × wins × xp
    N × (2 + (N - 1) × 0.05) ≥ 2 / 5 × wins
    2N + 0.05N² - 0.05N ≥ 2 / 5 × wins
    0.05N² + 1.95N ≥ 2 / 5 × wins

Apply quadratic formula, arrive at N ≥ ( √(32 × wins + 1521) - 39 ) / 2

Since the number of true wins required is N × 5, let's replace N with wins* / 5

wins* / 5 ≥ ( √(32 × wins + 1521) - 39 ) / 2
    wins* ≥ 5 × ( √(32 × wins + 1521) - 39 )

and resolve for the minimum (allowing non-integer wins* for simplicity)

wins* = 5 × √(32 × wins + 1521) - 195

Finally a formula for wins under the new system, based on wins under the old system.

I get maybe 800 xp per SSM win? So that's 10,000,000 / 800 = 12,500 required SSM wins to get to level 100.

Under the new system that would be 5 × √(32 × 12500 + 1521) - 195 ≈ 2973 wins.

Not bad, I would only need to play 2973 games on each new account to get it to level 100.

I like this system, +1.

Posted Jun 7, 2019
  15. +1 I think this is a really great idea, to be honest. As of right now, we don't get anything for win streaks and I think this would be a great addition!

Posted Jun 7, 2019
  16. I mean sure, but I find it extremely unrealistic that you win 2973 games without encountering a lose from any means... No one is going to get a win streak that high. Additionally, we could cap win streak bonuses at like 100 wins just to stop stuff like this from occurring.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 7, 2019
  17. lol whatever you say

Posted Jun 7, 2019
  18. I think that this idea is interesting, but it would make becoming level 100 much less rewarding. Keep in mind, that this level is served almost as a status symbol of having dedicated a large amount of time towards the server. Honestly, I don't know too much about the issue of getting to level 100 too fast so I'm on the fence, but I do like the idea of rewarding skill.
    Hi - yes, Kit is currently one of the top SSM players on EU (in my opinion, and although 2000 is quite large and would be very hard), I don't doubt that he has over an 80% win rate and could exponentially increase his XP gain quickly, given that there are not many people to contest the spot he currently holds.
    I do like the win streak cap, though.

Posted Jun 7, 2019
  19. Heyo!
    I think it is a great way to grind for skilled players and personally think it's a great idea and would love to see it amplified in the game.
    Huge +1!

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  20. I would love to see win streaks added to bedrock too but overall +1 from me

Posted Jun 8, 2019