• 556 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4070 Players Online
  • 3514 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Yoda/Ewok Skin

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by CronikzZ, Dec 31, 2020.

?

Do you guys think the yoda skin is fair game?

1. Yes!

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Depends on the player...

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. NO!

17 vote(s)
    63.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've recently got into mineplex and started having fun with cakewars. I would almost always find a skin from the star wars pack in every game I play, so when we went back to lobby, a whole load of people would be -snip- and start ranting about how unfair the skin is, and i agree with them. after a while, i just started to not care anymore because i knew that there was nothing they could do abt it. I do still find it a bit annoying that it doesn't show armor or at least a outline of the hitbox.(I know that the hitbox is the same lol) another thing you could cheese with the yoda skins is stand behind a block due to the only visible part of the skin is shorter than a normal sized block. It is very annoying and does kind of add an advantage, but hey, what can ya do?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted Dec 31, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Dec 31, 2020
  2. Hi there,

I've made it no secret in the past that from my point of view these skins are indeed unfair. I play a lot of Cake Wars and have since it came out and it is much harder for me to PvP against Yoda/ewok/R2 D2 skins.

One argument I've seen for why these skins are fair is one which you alluded to was the fact that hit boxes are the same. Yes this might be true but in your mind you aren't going to hit an ewok the same way you would hit a normal skin. When they go around you it can be hard to keep track of where they are.

For me however, this biggest advantage is the fact that we cannot see their armour. When I see an ewok I have no idea whether I'm fighting a guy with a leather armour, iron armour or diamond armour, whereas, if they were a normal skin I would see their armour and know whether to attack or avoid them.

I also completely agree with how it's easier for these 1 block skins to hide. On some maps they can wait for you behind 1 leaf block and sneak attack you while normal skins wouldn't be able to take the same approach. Another thing I've found is that it's harder to see them sneak up on your cake defence which is a other disadvantage.

One counter argument I have seen about disabling these small skins is that since Mineplex is a featured server they do not have this option. However, other featured servers have disabled these skins and forced players to use a default skin and the games are much more fair.

In conclusion, I completely agree that these small skins are unfair and give players that use these skins a considerable advantage.

-MC Minium

Posted Dec 31, 2020
  3. you do be spitting. I agree..

Posted Dec 31, 2020
  4. I do agree with your post. Many players hate the Baby Yoda skins because they are smaller and you cannot see their armor. They can hide behind a single block and not be seen, while other players would need two blocks on top of each other. Furthermore, if you are rushing a small skin with an iron sword, there is a chance you are running into a trap because they have full diamond armor with all enchantments/upgrades. Also, while they do have the same size hit box, nobody ever aims above their head, even if the hit box is in that space as well. Players aim at the small skins themselves, not the seemingly empty space above them.

There is a way to prevent small skins, but there is a downside. All players will appear to be a Steve for you, so you won’t be able to see any custom skins. To do this, you can go to your settings to ‘video’ and toggle ‘Allow trusted skins only’. Now small skins will be as large as everyone else, but everyone else will appear as a Steve as well.
    -Bob

Posted Dec 31, 2020
    TheMuffinM and Fusafez like this.
  5. I've had multiple encounters with these skins (Yoda, ewok and R2D2), and as said above they do prove to have advantages with armour, hiding and phycological hitboxes, realistically though there isnt anything that can be done internally with Mineplex as punishing these players isn't fair either as they have purchased these skins. I personally think something inside Mojang should be looked into with these skins and there should be more regulations within skin creation on the marketplace especially when using them on servers.

Posted Jan 2, 2021
  6. hello!
    yes, I agree with you 100% they give them a huge advantage and us a disadvantage since most people tend to look down and try to aim and it shortens your reach but if you are on windows 10 edition I can send you a pack I have that’s shows the tiny skins armor I’m not sure if it works on mobile or console I have not tried yet.

Posted Jan 3, 2021
  7. the skins are really unfair and i completely agree. when i used to grind micro battles they would always hide in the dirt and make it incredibly unfair. i don't play cakewars much but i do know how annoying that would be. as @Moppy3131 said, there is a pack that makes it so you can see their armour despite the skin they use. this is the best thing that you can use to help increase your overall game performance against these tiny skins.

Posted Jan 3, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 11, 2021
    moppy and Fusafez like this.
  8. Posted Jan 5, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  9. I’m sorry that happened to you, Well if you dont like the Ewok/Yoda skin Here are 2 Ways to not see the Ewok/Yoda/R2 D2 skins. 1. Go to the pause menu click “Settings” and stroll down click/tap on Profile then hit “Only Allow Trusted Skins” 2. Try switching to Java.

I hope this help.

From your MinePlex Player.
    Friendxym - Bedrock Level 43

Posted Jan 11, 2021
  10. Hello, these characters I say are very unfair, although I do accept the ones who either don't know about the matter if its annoying or not, if they do it on purpose to troll I don't accept that. but I do say that if they play a different game I wouldn't have a problem either, but in pvp its not the right skin to go with.

Posted Jan 11, 2021
  11. Mineplex should really ban these sort of skins, i've had many cake wars losses since of that skin.

Posted Jan 21, 2021
  12. Hey!

This idea is being processed and is going to be modified so that these skins will not be allowed in PVP game modes, as confirmed in this thread, linked by @GetV0ided || tamman2005.

As for what you can do right now as this idea is being processed, as suggested by @Bob16077777 and @Friendxym, if you go to your menu and click into settings, you'll see that "Only Allow Trusted Skins" is enabled. By clicking on this, all skins will appear as Steves to you, therefore avoiding the Yoda/Ewok skins.

Since there isn't much else to say as this idea is already being processed, meaning the OPs concern was addressed, there is not much benefit in keeping this thread open as it's been discussed many times. Thank you so much for your feedback though, and I hope you'll be glad to see that you will soon have an official solution to this issue outside changing all your skins to Steves. (:

Thread Locked
    ☾ Feel free to DM me with any other questions. ☽

Posted Jan 21, 2021
    CronikzZ, Bob16077777 and yvuggu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.