• 966 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10844 Players Online
  • 9878 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

yoda skin fixed?

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by godzilla lover, Feb 27, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yesterday i saw a yoda skin in my lobby i was quite worried don't know if it was him but it was a little skin it looked smaller than a block though i can see his armour it was like he had a very hunched small character with armour on it it looked weird another thing he want too short it was actually pretty easy to hit him so has the yoda skin been fixed?

Posted Feb 27, 2021
  2. No, they're just from the Character Creator. You can make your skins shorter there, but it doesn't really affect gameplay.

Posted Feb 27, 2021
  3. I actually saw a skin as small as the yoda and ewok, but it had its armour displayed. Im not sure if the character creator has made it so that you can have skins THAT short. idk which skin it was, but I think it’s the one the OP was talking about. Btw, it was the exact same height as the yoda and ewok skins, but didn’t look like it.

Posted Feb 27, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  4. It may have been a glitch. I have seen mini skins that start out not looking like the Yoda skin, but then once my game starts running faster it turns back into the normal yoda. This may have been what happened

Posted Feb 27, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  5. this is for sure a typo(seems like OP intended for it to be wasn't), so it can't be the same height according to OP(BUT op described it as a yoda skin so I can't be sure). the description sounds like a character creator skin that is the shortest possible, because it sounds like experiences that I've had.

Posted Feb 27, 2021
    NoNo_ likes this.
  6. I’ve seen like 5 of these tiny skins by now that are as short as yoda skins with armour tho lol

Posted Feb 27, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  7. The reason they might have been easy to hit is because the hitbox is the same as normal skins regardless of their height. If you turn on the "allow trusted skins" feature, every little skin (and every skin in general) will become a steve and then you may see their hitboxes accurately.

Mineplex hasn't done anything about it yet, my guess is that some skins simply show the armor. They will be disallowed in pvp games by Mineplex soon, though. That's what they are planning, anyways, so you might see the skins somewhere else but no longer in CW, Skywars, Micro Battles, etc...

Posted Feb 28, 2021
  8. Turn on trusted skins only, should be a fix to all the small characters.

Posted Feb 28, 2021
  9. Heya!

Right now, nothing has changed about these skins, luckily you had a good encounter that wasn't difficult to manage, some people find it easier to deal with tiny skins, if they've seen them enough and gotten a lot of practice. Sadly though, this isn't the case for everyone and the issues haven't been fixed.

As mentioned above, this idea is being processed and planned to be implemented in the future so that players with these mini skins cannot join and interfere in PVP games without the need for the Trusted Skins option, as confirmed by this thread and many others. They'll still be allowed in other games where it doesn't affect gameplay, such as Master Builders or similar. As for Cakewars and other PVP games, they'll be as good as gone!

There isn't an estimate as to when this change will be implemented sadly, so we need to be patient and hope the change rolls out soon. Updates about when this will be implemented and many other changes are announced in our #bedrock_changelogs channel on our discord, if you're interested to find out more.

There is a current method, as mentioned above by many other users, if you go to your menu and click into settings, you'll see that "Only Allow Trusted Skins" is enabled. By clicking on this, all skins will appear as Steves to you. It isn't the nicest looking option, but it can be turned back on if you find it to be more annoying than with it on. It can be a bit of a broken option, sometimes, but can usually be fixed by trying to change it to the opposite you have set, and if that continues to not work, you can also try and relog or click the option a couple of times and see if it fixes itself. Hopefully, this will resolve your issue and work first try without needing to fidget, but if it doesn't I am really sorry.

Since there isn't much else to say and this idea is to be implemented and also has a way of disabling the issue through Trusted Skins, I will be locking the thread. Feel free to PM me with any further questions and/or concerns!

Concern Addressed ➭ Thread Locked

Posted Feb 28, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.