• 425 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5874 Players Online
  • 5449 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

You guys should stop complaining so much!

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by DeadSuit, Sep 20, 2021.

1. I hate change

Posted Sep 21, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
  2. i was gonna complain then realized your right

Posted Sep 21, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
  3. I just read all of this and my brain is more scrambled than ever.

Posted Sep 21, 2021
  4. The creator of the thread did not seem to intend for the thread to be so off topic and random. They expressed a genuine concern and should be allowed to keep the thread open to gather the opinions of others. However, this thread is going to be locked if the topic is not kept.

You are welcome to create a thread in Off Topic or Forum Games if you would like to respond to each other like you have been.

Posted Sep 21, 2021
  5. Why?
    If you're gonna come plain about anyone, its should be the owners probably

Posted Sep 21, 2021
  6. thanks dul !

Posted Sep 22, 2021
    dcdb likes this.
  7. It’s horrifying to think that our freedom of speech is being STRIPPED from us. I am quivering with anger right now bestie. Hold me back.

as I am on topic! I would like to say that I agree with this thread! +106!

Posted Sep 22, 2021
    anna dot and mathuu like this.
  8. holding you back as we speak !!

i also agree with this thread!!

Posted Sep 22, 2021
    dcdb likes this.
  9. Yes, mods & other volunteers are doing a lot for this server & it is sad that some folks hate the entire communities for problems that might not even be caused by them (this applies to stuff like bad internet connection, lack of skills and more).
    However, I believe that there should always be space for criticism. It is a good idea to elaborate yourself when writing about something as well as maybe offer some solutions.
    You said "instead of complaining about it and doing nothing, maybe you guys could try to apply for staff so you can try and fix it instead." This is not how it works. Imagine that you spent $1000 or even more on a custom cake, made out of expensive chocolate, that looks like a Sponge Bob, but all you get is a small yellowish cake in a cubic form with no cool chocolate to be found. As if it was not enough, you receive a letter from the confectioner & it says "Go make this yourself lol". Not only did you spent your resources, but the one who was tought how to make a cake, told to make a cake to a person that likely never even knew how to make one.
    Becoming a mod isn't something easy, same with many other groups on Mineplex. You need skills, skills that you might not have. Such skills as programming games, promoting new products, translating things from 1 language to another & many other skills that people like me will learn and master only after at least 1-3 years of hard work (maybe even more).
    I believe that we can solve the current problems if we will do the following things:
    1) Appreciate staff.
    2) Report hackers (yes, not all of them will get banned, after all, mods can't see everything)
    3) Criticize what needs to be criticized so that devs & mods knew what community wants from them.
    4) By chance, if you have needed skills, free time & will to work even if you won't get anything from this, apply to different roles/groups.
    5) Follow Mr.Cardyceps & like all of his posts that DEFFINETLY have correct grammar.

Posted Sep 22, 2021,
    Last edited Sep 22, 2021
  10. I mean, I agree, people complain a lot more than needed, and often overlook things like moderators or staff in general having lives outside of minecraft, but I will say a lot needs to be improved with mineplex, and at the very least we can inform the mod team of it :)

Posted Sep 25, 2021
  11. It's understandable that you don't enjoy the copious amounts of "criticizing mineplex and it's staff" threads; but the problem still remains. Using free labor to run the in-game responsibilities of the company is not a sustainable idea. They legitimately need more staff members, or at least members who can put at least some more hours in-game so we can have half-playable games. If you pay someone (doesn't need to be that much) to spend time banning cheaters, handling reports, etc so that people do not quit/new players might join and stay, that is going to work much better than someone who can simply just not do anything if they want to. Money, although seen as evil; has to be used appropriately to motivate someone to do a job. I'm glad they at least gave some admin promotions so they will be more apt to work and get things done (not to say that they weren't doing anything before). Even though, i'm not even positive that would be part of their work criteria. Of course, this isn't a guaranteed game plan but you sure as hell can't run a business for free and expect it to last. There are loads of problems with mp, and this is one of the most critical. I personally believe that too much time is being spent on the forums answering random forum posts (although it's important to keep a good community relationship). Maybe because you can do it from a phone anywhere, there is a likeliness to do so. I just rarely seem to see many staff in-game, and even if I do, they might be afk or building something in lobby-1 lmao

Posted Sep 25, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Sep 25, 2021
  12. I would agree to an extent with this post, however not with all of it. You mentioned paying someone would make them more willing to do the work, and while that part is true if a staff member isn't doing the work they are suppose to do usually it results in an inactivity warning or worst case scenario a demotion. Staff members do answer reports, and watch games/lobbies, and do everything you mentioned that they could be "paid for" however, MP just doesn't have the money to shell out to normal staff member when the majority of staff member (which are volunteers) do a good amount of work, and those who don't usually end up either resigning or being talked too about their activity not being up to par. I don't think paying any volunteer employees is the right way to approach any of the issues currently going on.

Posted Sep 25, 2021
  13. I don't blame people for complaining, but the server is starting to shrink / get less players, if my favorite game was something getting plenty of players 6 months ago, and now it only gets 2, I'd be angry too. The server is dying not really dead, just not going in the greatest direction. With it the staff team is shrinking, and I don't think the owners nor leaders and admins have done too much about it either. While people might not make the best posts on it, I kinda agree. Though, more people applying for staff isn't gonna do anything, everyone wants the server to change, if everyone who wanted the server to change applied for staff- I'd feel bad for the recruiter with so many applications xD.

Plus, it doesn't turn into complaining until the higher ups have done nothing about it for more than a few months, infact a lot of problems have been going on for years, and after people realizing they would never get fixed, they just left. Why stay on a server that isn't going to improve or fix its mistakes and bugs? I wouldn't- only reason I'm still here is cause I can't mentally leave twt.

complaint posts aren't just people complaining about a small thing, they have a purpose behind them, just no one ever listens to most of them. The forums are filled with trainee tryhards and trolls at this point, so most posts don't get the proper responses or attention and get shrugged off.

Posted Sep 26, 2021
  14. LOOOL this is so true lmao this guy really acts like unpaid staff members have influence over anything that happens regarding updates to the server. only the leadership team who've been neglecting this server for the past year could change/fix anything, and they very obviously are not going to.

Posted Sep 26, 2021
    anna dot and xUmbreon like this.
  15. I completely agree with you. A lot of people need to start filing some bug reports and getting the problems/bugs to the staffs attention so they can be solved.

But normally people just resort to complaining in game or on the forums.

Posted Sep 26, 2021
  16. The bugs are known by staff members and developers. It's up to developers and their managers to actually fix them, and little to none of the current issues are stemming from moderation staff, as you can read above.

Posted Sep 26, 2021
  17. I don’t have any issues with the higher ups my issues are with Trainnes/Mods/SrMods.

Posted Sep 28, 2021
  18. Why

Posted Sep 28, 2021

19. I agree with this for the most part. I do believe that players have the right to make constructive criticism regarding Mineplex. However that I feel any criticism is welcome so long as it is constructive as well as respectful. As you mentioned, a lot of us a volunteers.

Posted Oct 5, 2021
  20. I agree with what you said to a certain extent. The staff do not deserve the bombardment of negativity constantly being hurled at them. However, simply applying for staff to try and create change will only get you so far. After all, most of these issues stem from problems that most of the staff have little to no control of.

Posted Oct 7, 2021
    DolphinSweat likes this.