• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8187 Players Online
  • 5297 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

you think mineplex shut down till 2021?

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by nadav1112, Mar 5, 2020.

?

?

1. yes

35 vote(s)
    13.5%
  2. no

224 vote(s)
    86.5%
  1. I remember when this type of thread was posted last year...and the year before that....and the year before that...etc

Just like I said last year, I do not think Mineplex will shut down anytime soon - especially now thanks to revenues from Immortal rank alone. And in before another thread pops up next year, I don't think it'll shut down in 2022 either.

Posted Jun 18, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 18, 2020
    Im_Ken, xUmbreon, xWand and 1 other person like this.
  2. Could some Moderator please lock this thread, some of us are still getting notifications for this like 2 months later, sorry if I'm contributing by posting this, and anyways, the OP had his concern answered by many people. Please lock it to stop notifications and post boosting (Again sorry of I'm doing it too but someone had to say something). Again, @nadav1112, Mineplex is NOT SHUTTING DOWN.

Posted Jun 18, 2020
  3. If you press the "Unwatch Thread" button to the right of the page selector, you will no longer receive notifications for this thread.

Posted Jun 18, 2020
  4. Thank you very much, didnt know that before. =)

Posted Jun 18, 2020
    Truthhs and Sven like this.
  5. I kind of think it may shut down in 2022. Due to the decline of bedrock staff and a big part of the reason MP itself is alive is that it is a featured server, and with the new server, MP bedrock will lost players most likely. Also coronavirus is keeping everyone in quarantine (Well most people should be on summer break) so MP will most likely stay above 3k+ for a while, and COVID is probably gonna be gone by 2021, so I don't know if it will survive 2021. If it does, it does, then the chances are MP may not survive 2022, if it keeps on going at this rate. MP really needs to take a huge jump from its current state if it wants to survive 2022.

Anyway, in summary, it probably will barely survive 2021, and probably won't survive 2022.

Posted Jun 26, 2020
    pzazz likes this.
  6. I think the current revenue of Mineplex is about $5 million, so I think they are gonna stay. Also, there are still players on the server even though it’s less than the amount of players a few years ago. The server is still making enough money so there is no reason for them to shut down.

Posted Jul 3, 2020
  7. No, I don't think they will shut down.

Posted Jul 3, 2020
  8. Please any moderator lock this thread I'm still getting lots of notification's

Posted Jul 6, 2020
  9. Just click Unwatch thread maybe? That'll stop you getting notifications!

Posted Jul 6, 2020
    Sven likes this.
  10. Gonna be honest, I don't see how 1k players is a "stable player base". No offense, but that isn't exactly stable, especially considering how right now, at this moment that I'm even replying to this, the server is below 1k.

Posted Jul 7, 2020
  11. You do know we peak at about 3000 players daily for Java? You do also realize most "big" servers are the same as well. No server in the world is in competition or a "runner up" when it comes to Hypixel's numbers. You're missing something if you think 1000-3000 players isn't a lot for a Minecraft Server. Those numbers are big. Sure, at one point Mineplex could be in the talks of being the biggest server but that's not how it is anymore. Our player base has been in the same state since late 2017 when I joined.

Posted Jul 7, 2020
    chrvssy likes this.
  12. I don't think Mineplex will be shutting down any time soon. 2-3k players on Java is still stable and the number of immortals that subscribe every month to support Mineplex means that funding is still going well. In addition, Bedrock is still consistently reaching 9-10k with many players purchasing different ranks and pets with mine coins, once again financially supporting the server.

Posted Jul 7, 2020
  13. Sadly the server is not as big as it once was but Mineplex like most others have said is still massive in terms of comparison making it into the top 15 servers. I don't expect it to shut down but the server needs reform and change to stop this downward trend of active users or it will only get worse.

Posted Jul 7, 2020
  14. Hello there!

I disagree with this. Mineplex have many incomes from these types of things:

1) Game amplifiers
    2) ranks - especially IMMORTAL rank
    3) Bedrock server with 10,000 players on. (Bedrock is probably making 4x more money, think about it).

Posted Jul 7, 2020
  15. 3k players is still nothing. How is the community actually supposed to GROW as a whole when the community is barely even anything special in terms of numbers? No, I'm not missing anything. You're just choosing to be ignorant to the fact that Mineplex is suffering with its playerbase. It's not at ALL a stable amount of players when half of the gamemodes in Mineplex have roughly 50 players playing them. Just because you have "3k" players online, doesn't mean it ain't still dying. It is. And it's painfully obvious. Why is it that it's not like that anymore? Hypixel was able to maintain its mass amount of player base? Why is it that Mineplex isn't? You're ignoring facts by just saying "oh well it isn't dying because we still have 3k players!" Dying isn't something that happens immediately. It's something that is a slow progress, so I can quite literally say that the server is dying, because it is. Look at a trend graph, it's not rocket science.

Posted Jul 7, 2020
  16. My response to you was nothing about having the community grow. It was to inform you that 1000 players is a stable player count. Not about the issues within the server or the community. My point is that compared to other servers, 1000 players is high.

Posted Jul 7, 2020
    Disgruntle likes this.
  17. Following from above posts... I was playing in 2013-14, these sorts of posts weren't new to the forum even then. And it's come to 2020, with the server still alive and running, so I doubt it will shut down.

Posted Jul 9, 2020
  18. i have seen posts:

wIlL mInEplEx sHut dOwN iN 2016???

2017?????
    2018????
    2019????
    2020????

no it has not and no it wont

Posted Jul 10, 2020
    Ruffybear and Axjy like this.
  19. hope u realize rhat in the evenings for europeans.. mineplex as a whole has over 13k players, that is ALOT

Posted Jul 10, 2020
  20. You see, Mineplex won’t shut down unless there are very few players... It’s still one of the bigger servers!

Posted Jul 10, 2020