• 321 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5137 Players Online
  • 4816 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Survey Your opinion on our world.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ItsMeTanish, Jan 3, 2022.

Tags:
  1. What are your opinions on our world? Is everything fair here, or is everything unfair? Is luck a major factor of living, or it doesn't really play a big role in our lives? Is life on earth intentional, or an accident? Will life in our planet ever acquire world peace? Is our future going to go downhill, uphill or everything will be neutral, where there is equal amount of bad stuff and good stuff going on?

Posted Jan 3, 2022,
    Last edited Jan 5, 2022
    Name Tag and Cepheus like this.
  2. Most things aren't fair
    Not really
    Intentional
    Probably not
    Probably around neutral although maybe straying more to 3ith34 direction

Posted Jan 3, 2022
    Cepheus, ItsMeTanish and coconut like this.
  3. Hey!

As CatFan said above, most things aren't fair.
    Intentional
    I don't think so
    I think everything will be neutral :)

Posted Jan 3, 2022
    LockNess8221 and ItsMeTanish like this.
  4. world is good tho :(

Posted Jan 3, 2022
    ItsMeTanish likes this.
  5. This world is screwed. Most countries don't get along, lots of countries have poverty, some people in certain countries can not even afford to have a basic life. In the UK (and other countries) there is an increase in rural urbanisation too. People don't want to live in cities anymore because it's too noisy, crowded and purely of the fear of getting robbed, so this resorts to businesses moving rural as well since they don't make as much money. Some cities will probably struggle to pay for any bills because of this. We're inevitably screwed because humans decided to be idiots and use too much greenhouse gases, and this has polluted our atmosphere to the point where climate is just changed completely and that the global temperature of the earth has increased. Increase in natural disasters is the worst part of it. The new biggest problem is going to be the rise in sea levels. The sea level rises each year by a few millimetres due to global warming because of the pollution. If this keeps up then lots of cities by the coast in America for example would be flooded completely. To answer your question for me though I'd say the UK is doing alright. We don't get affected by climate change too much, but the floods from rising sea levels could affect us, but I'll hopefully be dead by then. I expect the world to get better in the next decade or two since everyone will be moving to electric cars.
    Wow I really proved that I do A-level Geography in Sixth form lol

Posted Jan 4, 2022
    Name Tag, Cepheus, N0TVexx and 2 others like this.
  6. Hate it. Eh.

Posted Jan 4, 2022
  7. Eh. I mean yes but no. The environment is getting better from a climate act that happened in November? It’s been going on for years but it’s been great and the world’s ozone layer has been slowly climbing.

Posted Jan 4, 2022
    ItsMeTanish likes this.
  8. It honestly depends where you are but almost everywhere there is still poverty and inequality which isn't good at all. Furthermore, pollution and climate change is taking its toll, threatening a whole bunch of animals (some of which have already suffered from it greatly), as well as humans themselves. While I doubt there will ever be world peace, I do hope we get close to it. I'd say we are lucky to be able to live comfortable lives like we do (rather than being in poverty) as in certain areas of the world hard work has a high chance of simply not paying off, which I think shouldn't be the case for anyone, but alas here we are.

Whether life was intentional or an accident, I'm gonna go with accident, following the Rule of Two (if it happened once, it's an anomaly, but if it happened twice, it extrapolates to infinity).

Posted Jan 4, 2022
    FILTHYRODDER, N0TVexx and ItsMeTanish like this.
  9. The world is a vampire.

Posted Jan 5, 2022
    ItsMeTanish likes this.
  10. The amount of wellbeing compared to the amount of suffering will always remain the same. "One must imagine Sisyphus happy."

Contents of our lives can be shaped, but it all more or less happens randomly. By starting a butterfly effect, we are the cause of adding more chaos to the set of future events. However, there exists a counter-effect, which means that all the events that would have otherwise happened, won't happen. In other words, we may have favorable conditions because of a butterfly effect, but perhaps without it they would be even more favorable. The more favorable one part of our life is, the less the other parts are. Improvement is an illusory theory, because the only state that exists is the present. The past and the future are concepts our brains use to compare the perception of the present to past memories and future predictions.

Posted Jan 5, 2022
    ItsMeTanish likes this.
  11. hello

i have been in and out of an existential crisis for the past couple of months so let me share my thoughts from my long and painful endeavours across the meaning of life and the world in which we all reside

Is everything fair here, or is everything unfair?
    unfair. the sad truth of the matter is that inequality in all forms still exists. whether that be for your gender preference, the people you are attracted to, your race or even sometimes just how you look in general - inequality is everywhere. i myself am quite lucky in the sense i live a very privileged life in this respect and i don't really fall into any minority groups other than that of being mixed race. i've also never been someone for intense protesting because it's just not really where i shine. but what i have been my whole life is someone who doesn't understand the protesters who go around saying that all members of a certain majority group should be made inferior for the minority to feel equal to them, because if that's really the message extreme protesters are trying to spread then that's contributing to inequality. we should work to true equality where nobody cares at all about your background or skin colour or love preferences. equality is equal, not imbalanced. /endrant

Is RNG a major factor of living, or it doesn't really play a big role in our lives?
    i have no idea what this means ("random number generator"??) so i'm gonna say no

Is life on earth intentional, or an accident?
    definitely accidental. i'm not religious, never will be, so i don't think a deity made us and truuuust me i have looked into how life began to understand what i think it is. if you are religious and think that we were made by a deity then i completely respect your beliefs! there's no way we could ever really know how everything began, but this is what i've found and believe. i just think we all began as little cells eating "chemical soup served hot and fresh" from underwater ocean vents. who even knows where these cells came from? a meteor maybe? but from where? but anyway overtime, somehow, this evolved to every single life form we have today on earth. consciousness came with it for some and all that it is, it's just chemicals in your brain. i don't think there's anything spiritual to it - but again that's just what i believe and it's a horrific belief trust me. no doubt in my mind that one day (probably soon actually) we will be able to prolong consciousness (and therefore, you) if we can finally understand what exactly it is that creates it to begin with.

Will life in our planet ever acquire world peace?
    i really hope so. this links into my other ranty point about inequality being a major issue still in 2022. i'm hopeful for world peace, but i am doubtful it will happen anytime soon.

Is our future going to go downhill, uphill or everything will be neutral, where there is equal amount of bad stuff and good stuff going on?
    meh, i think the future will be fine. it depends on where you're living and how you think. if you're endlessly concentrated on all of the bad happening in the world then you will be living a very terrible life but there are always equal amounts of good happening too. you just have to know where to look.

Posted Jan 5, 2022
    FILTHYRODDER, ItsMeTanish and Looof like this.
  12. Yeah but have you been reading the news and what’s going on with Korea? :Skull:

Posted Jan 5, 2022
  13. Eek I just noticed I wrote RNG... yeah my bad. I meant to say luck -_-

Since I am making this post, I might as well thank everyone who gave such amazing responses! I am doing a research where I know everyone's opinion on, well, you know what, mostly for my own knowledge but also to prepare for any future projects I get in school for Psychology.

I appreciate everyone's response :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 5, 2022
  14. I think i can comprehend this
    But I'm not entirely sure

Posted Jan 5, 2022
  15. Set to draiiaiiaiiaian.

Posted Jan 5, 2022
    ItsMeTanish and Danese like this.
  16. Our world is such a lucky place, we are unfathomably lucky and its extremely rare to live in such a planet as we do now. First of all, our planet lies in the habitable zone of our star, which is already rare enough but theres an abundance or liquid water, oxygen, plant life, organisms, etc, which is even more rare. All conditions for our planet are so uniquely perfect its crazy.

There are earth like planets out there (not theoretical, actual earth like planets exist. such as teagarden b and proxima centauri b) But they are no were near as complex as us, just to give your a perspective on the matter.

yet we show no appreciation or gratitude for our planet.

We liter, cause horrible pollution In SO many ways, I could go on forever, deforestation, animal abuse, no wonder astronomers & scientists are trying to find other planets to live such as Mars. And designed light sails to fly to Proxima centauri b. We have completely ruined our very rare planet and are slowly but surely going to eventually make it completely uninhabitable for us humans. And it'd be our fault if we dont stop soon.

This type of mindset I show you here now is why I am who i am; i'm so much into astronomy, arts, paints, photography, all nature or life based things & hobbies etc because sorry no offense I dont wanna spend my life living on such a beautiful and incredibly rare planet sitting behind a screen and in a chair.

And I want to add onto something I just said, "beautiful planet". The planet is beautiful is some areas, terrible is other areas.

I'll show you why.

I want you to tell me which image is more appealing to your eye.

This image?

[​IMG]

Or, this image.?

[​IMG]

obviously the first option is the picture that you'll find most pretty, well, what if I told you the first picture is a area in Iceland that hasnt been touched by humans?

The 2nd image has been touched very much by humans, and its area is ruined with pollution, its so sad and it looks awful..

This reasoning makes me feel we'd be better off, or I should say the earth would be better off, without us. either that, or we need to cut it out..

However those few beautiful areas on earth is why I am quote: "This type of mindset I show you here now is why I am who i am; i'm so much into astronomy, arts, paints, photography, all nature or life based things & hobbies etc because sorry no offense I dont wanna spend my life living on such a beautiful planet sitting behind a screen and in a chair."

Posted Jan 5, 2022,
    Last edited Jan 6, 2022
  17. Yeah it will, but no. In the near future humans will acquire a false sense of peace and security but shortly after it'll all go very far downhill.

Trust me.

Posted Jan 6, 2022,
    Last edited Jan 6, 2022
    ItsMeTanish and CatFan105 like this.
  18. A lot of things in our world isn't fair. There is so much injustice, like poverty and racism. People in poverty work hard to make ends meet. Sometimes they have to work 3 jobs. Or sometimes, they are not fortunate enough to have a job an they live on the street. Sure there are social programs for them, but it isn't enough. And then racism. It still exists, even though some people think it doesn't. Everyone should be treated the same but they are not. I don't want to get political so I think here is a good stopping point. Sorry.

In my opinion, luck very rarely has a significant impact on our lives. Someone wins the lottery by luck and theh become rich. Most people don't get that. Or let's say someone has a lot of bad luck. They lose their job, their family, and house all within a short time frame. And then they have to live out on the street. Yes it basically ruined their life, but for most people, luck just isn't that bad, or good. Mostly when we get lucky, it doesn't change the entire course of our life.

Is life on earth intentional? I don't really know how to answer this. It started off as not intentional, we were just lucky that earth was in a place to support life. But now, we are intentionally trying to protect our livelihoods. Most of us don't want to throw out our life or someone else's and we do things to make life better for everyone. Not sure if that answers the question but that's just the way I see it.

I do believe that life on our planet will require world peace. We don't get along with every country, and look what happens. War and other threats against each other. Without world peace, every country getting along, we could possibly tear the world apart even more. We all live on the same planet, and we have to work together to protect it, and to protect each other.

I would like to think our future will be better, but I have doubts, especially over global warming. We need serious reform before it's too late. We can't continue to live like this. We are destroying entire species because of climate change that WE are causing. We don't want to be next. On the other hand, hopefully, we will acknowledge this and do something before it's too late. If society becomes more enlightened, we can work towards a better future. Hopefully this is the case, but if things don't change very soon, we're gonna have to live with it being 120 degrees in the winter.

Posted Jan 6, 2022
    ItsMeTanish and Cepheus like this.
  19. the world is a mess rn it needs to get sorted out soon

Posted Jan 12, 2022
    ItsMeTanish likes this.
  20. Many people above have already sufficiently outlined our world's various hardships, tragedies, inequalities and so on so I'm not going to waste my time elaborating on them. One thing I will say though is I've learned over the years that sometimes it's good to be blissfully unaware to a certain extent. We live in a world that is so interconnected and with social media platforms and other news outlets, which are overwhelmingly negative by the way, it's so easy to get caught up in all the bad things happening around us. While it is good to be aware of the bad things happening because you can put your own life into perspective and perhaps realize what you can be grateful for, it's easy to be met with feelings of hopelessness and depression knowing a lot of it is out of your control.

Knowing a lot of the issues we face in this world are beyond my control, I've taken a slightly more 'laissez-faire' approach to dealing with these issues. Some may look at that and say it seems irresponsible but this doesn't mean I'm ignoring all issues, for instance I'm not about to say screw it and buy a Hummer while we're in the grips of a climate crisis, but I find staying rather disconnected from social media, focusing more on my relationships with people and living in the now has made such a positive impact on my quality of life.

I see the value in making small contributions where you can to make the world a better place but one individual isn't gonna turn things around so I find it's better to just hone in on what makes you happy in life and focus on that! For instance, my friend and I have a weekly tradition where we go to each other's house and we cook up a big meal, all homemade since we've discovered we love cooking and we listen to music, go in the hot tub, play pool and watch the hockey games. No mention of all the crap going on around us is made - we have a grand old time, we enjoy each other's company, we have quite a few laughs and that's it.

I know I veered off topic a bit but I felt it was an important perspective to share.

Posted Jan 14, 2022