• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9916 Players Online
  • 7026 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Your Playstyle

Discussion in 'Micro Battle' started by Nite0wl, May 26, 2020.

?

How do you like to play Micro Battles?

1. Offensively (Rushing)

75.6%
  2. Defensively (Hiding)

24.4%
  1. Hey!

I used to play Micro Battles all the time, not so much anymore. However, from what I remember, if I was in a party with my friends, we would usually rush one team if they had less players than us or even if one of the players was afk. If I am not with friends though, I usually just stay on my side on the lookout for other incoming players, or if I see that half a team rushes another team I will jump in and try to catch them while they are distracted. I have not really tried to hide underground or camp as of recently, but, from what I have seen from other players, it seems to be an effective strategy. But, like any sort of camping, as @Pakar said, it tends to get a bit slow and boring!

-NRCA

Posted Jun 4, 2020
  2. Hey!
    My playstyle is middle of them. If I need to, I hide.(Not underground)
    But in most, I attack other teams.

Posted Jun 4, 2020
  3. I have a strategy for this. I climb to top and hide, let other teams take care of each other. Then I drop down while they are regenerating and finish them off.

Posted Jun 4, 2020
  4. I mostly find that camping and playing safe/defensively becomes boring pretty fast, so I typically prefer to just rush and play aggressively pretty early in the game. But normally, I'll just coordinate with my team and do whatever they're doing. I prefer attacking quickly though, it's way more fun.

Posted Jun 4, 2020
  5. Honestly, I just rush a team whether I'm rushing alone or not and hope I get a kill. I don't play Micro Battles anymore due to the fact that I'm often the first one to die... I wonder why.

Posted Jun 4, 2020
  6. don't play Micro Battles that much but I personally prefer to use the miner kit over the other two kits so obviously I play more defensively than offensively. What I normally do is mine my way on the top of my island's base and then just wait until the world gets corrupted. Most people are already dead by then so I have my chance to make my move and try to fight off the remaining teams. Sadly it never goes too well in my case and I die anyway but yeah :(

I also use the archer kit from time to time. I'm not that great at bows either but I can at least hit a shot or two if I'm lucky enough. Funnily, being the archer kit saved my life a few times already so I guess I'm not all that bad at using it... okay maybe a bit.

Posted Jun 5, 2020
    Dallarth likes this.
  7. My playstyle tends to be more balanced when I'm playing micro battles. I usually won't rush teams but I'll never dig and hide either. Usually I'll go fighter kit (but sometimes I'll go archer) and collect a few blocks at the start of the game, then I'll run around my island looking for an opportunity to cross over to another island and get some kills. I normally won't cross over on my own (mainly because my PvPing ability is pretty disappointing) so I'll wait for at least one of my team mates to join me. Sometimes this playstyle works well, sometimes it doesn't work at all, like if none of my team mates cross over with me or if another team instantly rushes mine. Pretty interesting question though, I've enjoyed seeing how every one plays the game differently :)

Posted Jun 5, 2020
    Klobby likes this.
  8. Hey!

I love this thread and pretty much everything about Micro Battles, so thanks for posting! I think my playstyle almost always depends on my team and if I'm playing with any friends. When I am by myself, I enjoy going worker and using my blocks defensively and in evasive maneuvers. If you know how to use the blocks correctly, they can make 1vX situations more possible. I think this also goes for archer even though I do not use it as much. If you can shoot quickly, the knockback from the arrow can provide combo attacks to help you win fights. The arrows also work great to do chip damage to enemies and get a possible pick if an enemy happens to be skybasing, standing next to the void, or next to the lava. Lastly though, if I am with friends, I almost always go fighter kit and play aggressive. The extra apples and pvp advantages make it a very fun,dynamic, and quick kit to play.

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  9. Hey!

Like the idea of sharing play styles. I typically mine 10 dirt or sand before the walls drop. Then, I see if there are any opportunities to rush any players left separated from their teammates. Over time, I gather blocks to help me block clutch from lava or use to my advantage otherwise. I typically play in a party, but whether you are in one or not, it all comes down to coordinating with your team, whether by using @ or #.

Posted Jul 5, 2020
  10. I'm a pretty aggressive player if I'm playing with people that I know or if I can identify the people that I am playing with are good at the game. Since I play alone most of the time nowadays, I try to judge how my team is going to play and decide how I am going play from there. If my team is rushing another team, I'm going to go join them. If my team is wanting to camp on top of the tower on our side, I'm probably going to do the same unless I can pick someone off from the other team to kill alone. I've found that most of the time it isn't smart to take on a team by yourself, so I try to copy what my teammates are doing. I will also try to lead my teammates to fight other teams. I'll usually jump from one side to the other to test of my teammates will follow. If they don't, I'll turn around, but if they do, I'll start the fight. Again, it really just depends on who is on the server with me and also how good the other players in the game are.

Posted Jul 7, 2020
  11. I usually just rush one player hopefully kill them, then return to my base with my teammates and slowy pick off players it's strange I know, but it worked!

Posted Jul 7, 2020
  12. Hey there!
    When a game starts, I first collect blocks to use them when I move around the map.
    I like to have a fast pace game without having people camping or hiding. Therefore, I usually rush with my team and try to take out as many people as possible. I don't pay attention to my health sometimes and end up dying because I'm always in front taking all the damage or rushing alone into teams, haha.
    My main kit is archer since I'm best with bows. I like to shoot others from afar when I suspect they may be low, or before rushing a team, I like to use all my arrows to get them as low as possible. I always try my best not to let the map get covered with corruption because I don't enjoy fighting when there is corruption everywhere.

Posted Jul 9, 2020
    BankOfAtlas, Dudeguy and Sleick_97 like this.
  13. My playstyle for Micro Battles is usally I start trying to collect some wood from around the map if there is any to craft into planks, if not I will try and get something that is not affected by gravity like dirt, clay etc. I then go ontop of the base with my team mates and wait for the other teams to fight it out, once they've fought I come in for the clean. The only time I really try to fight is when we are pushed but if we can wait till it's us vs another team then I'll wait as it increases our chances a lot.

Posted Jul 9, 2020